HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
03-31-2010, 10:14 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
anything good about his stats...he's wearing an extra letter on his shirt...wonderful. When the net(the goal, where the other team's points happen) looks to be his top priority, THEN I stop complaining.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 10:19 AM
acapps10

he's been great over the past few games, even shooting the puck a good deal last night!

acapps10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 11:59 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

He had an excellent game last night... I'll give him that.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 12:10 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Back to even in +-

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 12:43 PM
SPG

Quote:
and at his salary he's a steal.
WOW. That is all.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 01:07 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
WOW. That is all.
No kidding.

Old
03-31-2010, 01:11 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

...I mean there's actually people who think he was NOT a main cause of elimination in all post seasons?

Old
03-31-2010, 01:37 PM
TrueBlueNorwegian

Saying that Rosie has been our worst playoff defenseman is complete bs. Everybody in their right mind with a little hockey knowledge has seen that. And to the people that say he has been our worst post season d-man: that just proves that you have little knowledge about this great game!

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 02:17 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
Saying that Rosie has been our worst playoff defenseman is complete bs. Everybody in their right mind with a little hockey knowledge has seen that. And to the people that say he has been our worst post season d-man: that just proves that you have little knowledge about this great game!

Oh knowledgeable one, I am nothing compared to your great innovative hockey mind!

Old
03-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
...I mean there's actually people who think he was NOT a main cause of elimination in all post seasons?
I dont know what you're even talking about here.

But if its regarding Rozsival, I think you better take a second look at just how well hes played in the playoffs over the last several years.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 02:24 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
This thread needs to stop being hijacked by the vocal minority. Thats the most polite way I can put it.

Theres something about New Yorkers and defensemen. If they are neither Brian Leetch nor Jeff Beukeboom they suck.

Rozsival has been either our #1 or #2 dman for 4 of the 5 seasons since the lockout. This is a ranger team which, up until this season, consistantly had one of the best defenses in the league in shots per game. Our defense made Steve Valiquette look like a great backup. Nuff said/

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 02:29 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I dont know what you're even talking about here.

But if its regarding Rozsival, I think you better take a second look at just how well hes played in the playoffs over the last several years.
thats for sure

Old
03-31-2010, 02:30 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Rozsival was amazing in the playoffs in 2007, arguably the best defenseman in both series the Rangers were in by a landslide. His performance in subsequent playoff series was not quite as good as that one, but he has been solid overall. Even Buffalo fans will tell you that they were extremely impressed with Rozsival in that series in particular.

He did not produce the points last playoffs, but then again who did.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 02:35 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Guys, come on! There has been ONE reason we haven't been post season successful and that's the two (pylons) between the goalie and forwards.

To say ANY of them were good is like saying we're the best team not to make the playoffs....true but meaningless

This seriously has to be the first and only group of Rangers fans to say good things about the backline bums!

I have no hockey sense though...so let's keep them and win that cup because we've become the new Devils.

Old
03-31-2010, 02:45 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
This thread needs to stop being hijacked by the vocal minority. Thats the most polite way I can put it.

Theres something about New Yorkers and defensemen. If they are neither Brian Leetch nor Jeff Beukeboom they suck.

Rozsival has been either our #1 or #2 dman for 4 of the 5 seasons since the lockout. This is a ranger team which, up until this season, consistantly had one of the best defenses in the league in shots per game. Our defense made Steve Valiquette look like a great backup. Nuff said/
First bold, yes, that's the way most of us honestly see it.

Second bold, yes, and that's the problem.

Third bold, LOL>>>DOESN'T HELP HENRIK MUCH!!!! (which SHOULD BE their first priority)<<<<

Seriously, who's the best player on the Knicks?

Old
03-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:

What rangers team have you been watching? The rangers teams i've seen over the past few years have had sub par to god awful defenses. I think what you are mistaking for a good defense is Henrik Lundqvuist's ability to single handedly win games for the rangers. The fact that up to this season the Rangers didn't give up too many shots on goal was not because they had one of the best defenses in the league it was because of Tom Renney's system. In his system everyone had to go back and play defense, it was a collective effort from everyone on the team. Tortorella completely changed that to "safe is death" and relied on the defensemen actually earning their pay checks. Apparently not all of them can handle that, thus showing the fans how good the defensemen really are... which is not good at all. the fact that the rangers have been able to stay in the playoff hunt for this long is amazing, and ALL of the credit should be given to henrik directly. Without him the rangers would not even be 13th place right now.

Rust Heisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
its easy to bash the priced players when the team is struggling
No, its easy to bash the priced players who don't deserve their salaries. It is because of THOSE players that the Rangers are not able to afford better players when an opportunity comes to acquire them. It is because of THOSE players that young, talented, prospects dont have the opportunity to become a part of the team and some will not get the chance at all. It is because of THOSE players that this team is struggling!

Old
03-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
I think he's played 90 minutes over the last 3 games and been like a +3.

Good thing Lundqvist has been making him look so good during that stretch, right?
Oh yea, he's been playing marvelous these last 4 games... against an islanders team (twice), a struggling devils team, and the worst team in the Eastern Conference (toronto).

Then again he has been playing well these last 4!!!!! games (real indicator of his play when we were all ready to call Aaron Voros the MVP over the first 5 games of the season last year)... Good thing Lundqvist hasnt been making him look so good over the first 70 games this season, right?

Old
03-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Oh yea, he's been playing marvelous these last 4 games... against an islanders team (twice), a struggling devils team, and the worst team in the Eastern Conference (toronto).

Then again he has been playing well these last 4!!!!! games (real indicator of his play when we were all ready to call Aaron Voros the MVP over the first 5 games of the season last year)... Good thing Lundqvist hasnt been making him look so good over the first 70 games this season, right?
It's been a hell of a lot more than 4 games.

Buck up. Pay better attention.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
It's been a hell of a lot more than 4 games.

Buck up. Pay better attention.
fine, 6 games.

Old
03-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Guys, come on! There has been ONE reason we haven't been post season successful and that's the two (pylons) between the goalie and forwards.
What an idiotic approach you're taking here. Fact is, whether we had Rozsival, or Pronger, we still don't make it past the Caps. There isn't 1 thing wrong with this team. It's a combination of bad decisions Sather has made over the last half-decade. He constructed a team that's ultimately inferior to MOST teams in the league. Rozsival or no Rozsival, we still suck.

Quote:
This seriously has to be the first and only group of Rangers fans to say good things about the backline bums!

I have no hockey sense though...so let's keep them and win that cup because we've become the new Devils.
At least you got 1 thing right here.

Old
03-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
fine, 6 games.
I don't think you've watched more than 6 games this year based on the garbage your spewing.

Rozsival has been solid for months now. If you, and the rest of the anti-Rozy posse can't spot this, maybe it's time to turn off the ps3 and actually watch the games.

Last edited by Boom Boom Geoffrion*: 03-31-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old
03-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I don't think you've watched more than 6 games this year based on the garbage your spewing.

Rozsival has been solid for months now. If you, and the rest of the baboon posse can't spot this, maybe it's time to turn off the ps3 and actually watch the games.
Well let's see, i stopped watching ranger games consistently right after the olympics. These last 5 or so games ive tuned in for a few periods. In almost every game i have been disgusted with Rosival's play.

His good games are games i dont notice mistakes he's made, which means he's invisible. He's unbearable to watch. He'll never stick up for his team mates, the first time i ever saw him stick up for someone was when Drury was getting his face pummeled and he intervened. He'll never stick up for himself for that matter either, he'll get pushed around, taken advantage of, challenged... still he will not fight or even be physical. I dont know about you but a good defenseman is 1 of 2 things: 1) Running the offense. It's rare to find one who can control the outcome on the opposing end of the ice. This defenseman usually runs the point on the power plays and shoots, meaning that the defense will have to worry about defending him when he has the puck or is on the ice. Rosival stopped shooting about 2 years ago. I dont think players care if he's on the ice one way or another, and before he recently started shooting more players on opposing teams would leave him alone to ensure that another player would not be able to get the puck... because he would pass up every opportunity he had to shoot. That being said Rosival lacks the qualities of being the 1st type of defenseman. 2) A player who is a shut down defender, can keep up with star players, a player not afraid to get down and block shots, or clear the crease for that matter. Usually this player is the enforcer and leader on the defense. Well here's some more bad news for Rosival supporters... He is not a shut down defender, he is too slow to keep up with star players or should i say most players for that matter, good or bad. The most effort i see Rosival giving to blocking a shot is to turn away from the puck being shot while putting his skates together... he will never get down to commit and commit to a block. And while this is not always found in this type of defender Rosival is not an enforcer. He's anything but, in fact i dont think i've ever seen him get into a fight. More importantly, while that may be a good thing that he is not a fighter, this means that he is unable to clear the crease, and i know that rangers fans as a whole, at some point over this season and seasons past have all cursed at the screen after witnessing the rangers inability to clear players in front of Henrik... usually leading to a goal...

Rosival is neither of these types, he's not a hybrid, he's just ordinary. He's not worth his 5 million. He's not worth even 4 million. He's worth 2.5-3 million tops, for at most 2 years. He hasnt set an example for the rookie defensemen, he hasnt taught them anything they havent already been taught.

I dont know if you've watched hockey as a whole or have just been limited to the Rangers because what you are saying shows no hockey knowledge. Yes he's been the rangers top defenseman, which is why this defense is so abysmal. He's not meant to be on the top pairing. He hasn't been solid in any meaning of the word. Being solid would mean that he is consistently playing well. Well he doesnt, if he has a stretch of good games then you know itll soon be overshadowed by a longer stretch of playing terrible games. Maybe you just havent watched other teams play, teams which have "solid" defenses, in which case it's understandable that you think rosival is good because he's just better than the majority of the rangers defense (which i dont know ive said but is pretty bad).

and i didnt get the ps3 reference.

Old
03-31-2010, 05:19 PM
XLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by acapps10 View Post
he's been great over the past few games, even shooting the puck a good deal last night!
Thats the one thing that he needs to keep doing is shooting the puck. Its not even close he has the best shot out of all the defensemen.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Hahahahaha. Numbers speak for themselves. Our post lockout D made **** goalies like Valiquette look good, a #5 or #6 goaltender like Lundqvist look like a #3 or #4, and made Weekes, wel, Weekes was unsalvageable.

Its not as good this season, and we've seen that,as Valiquette retreated to the minors and Lundqvist's GAA has gone up.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote