HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/25/10 - Minnesota @ Philadelphia - 6 PM CDT - FSN NORTH (SD)

Old
03-25-2010, 10:20 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
I guess you also won mnwildgophers in terms of having the most posts - congrats!

So in all honesty, I figured there would be more Flyers fans getting away from the ****storm on their board. I mean, we do have punch and pie. Oh well.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:22 PM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
It depends on the off-season. There's a lot to be happy about this year, but the Minnesota roster is still a work in progress.
Very much so, but we do seemingly have very good depth at the goaltending and defense positions with our arguably top two prospects being defensemen.

I really am hoping that we are able to swing a trade that involves Harding for a forward of some kind, but I suppose Fletch will try to do something like that on the draft floor, I also wonder what FA we will to try go out and sign this year since there aren't too many high profile ones that will be out there. I know that we'll probably pick up some depth players, but I don't think there's many high end guys that we will be picking up through free agency period.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 10:27 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

I think part of it depends on how Bouchard is coming along, but like you said the free agency crop for forwards is mighty weak outside of a few names.

Old
03-25-2010, 10:28 PM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
I guess you also won mnwildgophers in terms of having the most posts - congrats!

So in all honesty, I figured there would be more Flyers fans getting away from the ****storm on their board. I mean, we do have punch and pie. Oh well.
You would have won the post count if you were here, but someone has to keep these going when I'm at work.

Yeah, a couple came over to say good game, but I don't blame 'em for being mad, I'd be pissed too if we had blown that lead. (And we have many a time)

Old
03-25-2010, 10:31 PM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
I think part of it depends on how Bouchard is coming along, but like you said the free agency crop for forwards is mighty weak outside of a few names.
Honestly, the only center I would like to see on our team is Jokinen, but I don't think we will get him or want to pay him since we got Wellman for center, but I don't rule out the possibility that he could play wing on Koivu's line. I wouldn't mind seeing that, but we will have to wait and see I guess.

Old
03-25-2010, 10:34 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
You would have won the post count if you were here, but someone has to keep these going when I'm at work.

Yeah, a couple came over to say good game, but I don't blame 'em for being mad, I'd be pissed too if we had blown that lead. (And we have many a time)
As long as it wasn't me despite not posting throughout the game, I am very happy.

Old
03-25-2010, 10:58 PM
mnwildgophers

I'm glad to see us get the win despite not playing too well. It's too bad that we weren't in the Eastern Conference, then we would be right in the thick of things, but we can only dream. That's okay though, I wonder how many points it will take to get to the playoffs this year in the Western Conference?

Old
03-25-2010, 11:06 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

I just wish Minnesota played in a division which had closer opponents than Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Colorado. No offense to those teams, but Denver's almost 1000 miles away, all teams are at least one time zone later and there are something like six teams closer to St. Paul than Denver.

EDIT: In terms of driving a car, Denver is 917 miles away from St. Paul. Toronto on the other hand is 944 miles.

Last edited by GopherState: 03-25-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Google Mapping It
Old
03-25-2010, 11:15 PM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
I just wish Minnesota played in a division which had closer opponents than Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Colorado. No offense to those teams, but Denver's almost 1000 miles away, all teams are at least one time zone later and there are something like six teams closer to St. Paul than Denver.
Yeah, it is really far away, but the whole Western Conference sucks division-wise except for maybe the Central, I'd say ours is the most spread-out, but I don't know if that really makes that big of a difference.

I suppose it's tough to fly in a plane and then go and play the next day and the time zone difference sucks too, but that's the way the way it's set up now. If they relocated Phoenix to Winnipeg, then I assume that they would go to our division and Colorado would go to the Pacific?

Old
03-25-2010, 11:26 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

I think Dallas having their entire division being two time zones away part of the year (Arizona doesn't observe daylight savings time) trumps Minnesota, and unfortunately outside of expansion or massive relocation there's no good way to change things. That's what you get for having the NHL being majorly concentrated in the Northeast, but it's fun to dream.

Old
03-25-2010, 11:30 PM
mnwildgophers

Dallas does have it pretty crappy. Well, the majority of hockey fans and sheer number of people live there so I understand why they are currently based there, however, I think that they would be better suited to have less hockey teams in the south, but Dallas seems to do okay, but the likes of Phoenix, Atlanta, Florida, and Tampa Bay barely seem to draw even if they are good.

Old
03-25-2010, 11:42 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Well Dallas has been able to build a winning culture from the start which coupled with a large metro population makes it easier to keep a large STH base. Seriously with a few exceptions teams draw if they win, don't if they lose.

Old
03-26-2010, 07:23 AM
BigT2002

Quote:

EDIT: In terms of driving a car, Denver is 917 miles away from St. Paul. Toronto on the other hand is 944 miles.
dude, plus you get to drive through Madison (party city), Chicago (epic party city), Detroit (amazing place if you wanna be shot), and lots and lots of other big cities. The other way you have to drive through South Dakota, Nebraska, and probably Iowa....ya that sounds like a great road trip. Someone beer me.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
Getting to know your opponent: Philadelphia Flyers Edition
-Prior to the arrival of Europeans, Philadelphia was the location of the Delaware village Shackamaxon.

-According to Rob Schneider, the Flyers suck again.

-The Flyers were founded in 1967 as part of the first wave of NHL expansion.

-It may or may not almost be Falco time.

-Are excited to see Casey Wellman

-Believe the Wild still trap the living daylights out of teams.

-The famous Rocky steps are made up of the 72 steps in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

-Correctly believe that Minnesota has a goalie.

-Right now it is 66 degrees and always sunny mostly cloudy in Philadelphia

-Discuss the Beatles more than who should be on the third line. However, the third line does end up beating Phil Collins.

-The Flyers have two Stanley Cups to their name but none in the past thirty years.

-Believe the refs are out to get them.

-The team's nickname "Broad Street Bullies" comes from the location of their two arenas, the hard fighting style in the 1970s and the fact that the rest of the league sees the Flyers and their fans as goons.

-Believe that "**** the Pens in their stupid ***** !" has something to do with playing Minnesota. I'm not entirely sure how, other than it would probably be wild.

-Once employed the Legion of Doom.

-Were in need of an oompa-loompa rhyming poster; however that slot has now been taken.

-Philadelphia is split by the Schyulkill River ends and is separated from Camden, New Jersey by the Delaware River.

-Are knowledgeable enough to know that Minnesota has Antii ****ing Miettenen as our first line sniper

-Home of the cheesesteak.

-Misuse Dirty Harry quotes.

-Have a GM, Paul Holmgren, who is from St. Paul and played for both the Gophers and Minnesota Fighting Saints.

-See the Wild as a sinking ship.

-Will Smith is from West Philadelphia (born and raised) and that is where on the playground he spent most of his days chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool and all shootin some b-ball outside of the school.
LOL!! Too funny!!! It made me realize how ridiculous Flyer GDT's can be lol.
Haha "**** the Pens in their stupid *****!".... we'll ***** about Pittsburgh anywhere we can.

Last edited by Miss Mess: 04-18-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote