HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carcillo Suspended 2 Games

Old
04-01-2010, 12:23 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 1300
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
I'm uploading the whole video of the incident right now. This is the first time I've seen it since I saw it live. But when I was there I couldnt really see what happened. After seeing this video, it is even more ******** that he was suspended. I have no idea how ******* Campbell watched this and said 2 games.

edit: It may take a few minutes to process.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
who says campbell watched it? he saw carcillo's name and probably assumed it should be two games

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 07:35 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
so we're not calling anyone up to take Carbomb's spot? Bad idea, we'll be essentially playing with 10 forwards once Cote's 3.5 min of ice time are up
JVR is back

Quote:
I'm uploading the whole video of the incident right now. This is the first time I've seen it since I saw it live. But when I was there I couldnt really see what happened. After seeing this video, it is even more ******** that he was suspended. I have no idea how ******* Campbell watched this and said 2 games.
He crosschecked him to the ****ing head, why shouldn't he get suspended? Even if he was aiming for the chest, he was still reckless with his stick leading to this cross check, and he has multiple prior suspensions

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 08:41 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
He crosschecked him to the ****ing head, why shouldn't he get suspended? Even if he was aiming for the chest, he was still reckless with his stick leading to this cross check, and he has multiple prior suspensions
99.9% of the league would not be suspended for what Carcillo did. I don't understand how the Cooke hit would warrant zero games and this leads to 2 games. It blows my mind; an accidental stick hitting a face without any real damage vs. a potential career ending (season ending) hit to the head.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 09:18 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Milan Lucic got suspended last year in the playoffs for a game for defending himself from being jumped and let letting go of his stick. Everyone knows it was result and not intent.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

There was absolutely no intent to hit Clarkson in the head there. There's much worse crosschecks delivered in front of the net every game. Carcillo however, did have the chance to drop his stick a little quicker and it would have looked even less intentional. When he did drop it the stick got caught in between the two players. Careless by Carcillo but anyone who thinks that deserves a match penalty and suspension needs to wake up. That's a double minor nearly every time.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 11:31 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Just read a case for my Criminal Law class and found some interesting language that I think the NHL should take into consideration when calling penalties and handing out suspensions (though it may not pertain to Carcillo's suspension here, I think it makes sense for other instances where the NHL handed out a suspension):

Quote:
"It is a basic proposition in a constitutional society that crimes should be defined in advance, and not after action has been taken."

Gellhorn, American Rights, 85, 86,

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote