HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Daniel "Car Bomb" Carcillo

Old
04-01-2010, 05:49 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Daniel "Car Bomb" Carcillo

1. can this nick name stick? that was hilarious in the pre-game
2. do you guys think hartnell will be able to step up and deliver the energy and agression carcillo has been bringing to the top line?

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
1. can this nick name stick? that was hilarious in the pre-game
2. do you guys think hartnell will be able to step up and deliver the energy and agression carcillo has been bringing to the top line?
1. People been calling him Carbomb since last season, so yeah

2. He can, but who knows if his head's on right these days?

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
tuckrr

i have not heard him called carbomb :/

and i can think of a few (none with good connotations)

anyways, i think if hartnell takes another goaltender interference penalty i will freak.

Old
04-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
i have not heard him called carbomb :/

and i can think of a few (none with good connotations)

anyways, i think if hartnell takes another goaltender interference penalty i will freak.
Just pray he doesn't take a shift against Tavares, he might take a penalty for getting checked.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 06:04 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 122
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
At this point, Carcillo is a better hockey player than Hartnell. However I hope Hartnell can step up.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 06:25 PM
tuckrr

later playoffs

Old
04-01-2010, 06:30 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
At this point, Carcillo is a better hockey player than Hartnell. However I hope Hartnell can step up.
Come on now... I know Hartnell hasnt been the best, but Carcillo a better hockey player? Carcillo has played half the season on the first line... and barely has 20 points. Hartnell has been ****** all season, and has twice the amount +3

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Centauris*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Come on now... I know Hartnell hasnt been the best, but Carcillo a better hockey player? Carcillo has played half the season on the first line... and barely has 20 points. Hartnell has been ****** all season, and has twice the amount +3

more like 1/4 of the season.

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 07:17 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauris View Post
more like 1/4 of the season.
?? Im not going through stats man. I can bet though that its close to half then 1/4

Old
04-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Centauris*

Quote:
?? Im not going through stats man. I can bet though that its close to half then 1/4

bet taken.

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Mgkibbles

The nickname me and my buddy came up with for Carcillo is way better, satche-utory r*pe.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 09:01 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

hes been called carbomb for ever. this isnt new.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 09:27 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:

Did u freak, cuz i did. Hartnell = Red Headed Hippie ****.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Carcillo has been doing his job better then Hartnell has been doing his and at a lot lower cost. So I'd say that he's been the better player for us this season.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 10:07 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Carcillo has been doing his job better then Hartnell has been doing his and at a lot lower cost. So I'd say that he's been the better player for us this season.
Yea yea. I know Hartnell isnt like by everyone and Carcillo is a "fan favorite" but most people can see who is the better player...

Old
04-01-2010, 10:08 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Did u freak, cuz i did. Hartnell = Red Headed Hippie ****.
yes i freaked.

Old
04-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Yea yea. I know Hartnell isnt like by everyone and Carcillo is a "fan favorite" but most people can see who is the better player...
Hartnell definitely has the tools to be the better player, but this year Carcillo has been the better player for the most part.

Old
04-01-2010, 10:16 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Hartnell definitely has the tools to be the better player, but this year Carcillo has been the better player for the most part.
Im guessing you mean because of his energy?

Old
04-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Im guessing you mean because of his energy?
No.

At about 3.1 mil less and 4 less games played, Carcillo is a +4 with 11 goals and 20 points. All while playing on the bottom six for the majority of the year. Hartnell, with four more games played and at 3.1 mil more then Carcillo (about), Hartnell has 14 goals, 44 points, and is a -5. All while playing on the top six for the majority of the season.

Carcillo only has three less goals and a much better +/- while playing with inferior linemates for the most part. All at about a quarter of the cost. He also fights and agitates. Hartnell does not. Hartnell has also been a black hole at offense for large stretches of time during this season while, although Carcillo isn't known for his offensive talent, he has been able to pull out highlight reel goals occasionally.

Hartnell also leads the league in minor penalties IIRC. Sure, Carcillo is among the league leaders in penalty minutes, but a lot of those are from misconducts and fighting. While also dealing with a reputation. Hartnell, meanwhile, leads the league in minor penalties and doesn't fight and I can't recall any game misconducts for him this year. He also doesn't have a bad reputation to contend with. Considering all of those things it's really amazing how many penalty minutes Hartnell has racked up this year.

Not to mention that Carcillo draws penalties and can either play an efficient checking line role or sub-in on the top six. Hartnell isn't special defensively and has sucked in the top six for the most part this year.

Old
04-01-2010, 10:34 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
No.

At about 3.1 mil less and 4 less games played, Carcillo is a +4 with 11 goals and 20 points. All while playing on the bottom six for the majority of the year. Hartnell, with four more games played and at 3.1 mil more then Carcillo (about), Hartnell has 14 goals, 44 points, and is a -5. All while playing on the top six for the majority of the season.

Carcillo only has three less goals and a much better +/- while playing with inferior linemates for the most part. All at about a quarter of the cost. He also fights and agitates. Hartnell does not. Hartnell has also been a black hole at offense for large stretches of time during this season while, although Carcillo isn't known for his offensive talent, he has been able to pull out highlight reel goals occasionally.

Hartnell also leads the league in minor penalties IIRC. Sure, Carcillo is among the league leaders in penalty minutes, but a lot of those are from misconducts and fighting. While also dealing with a reputation. Hartnell, meanwhile, leads the league in minor penalties and doesn't fight and I can't recall any game misconducts for him this year. He also doesn't have a bad reputation to contend with. Considering all of those things it's really amazing how many penalty minutes Hartnell has racked up this year.

Not to mention that Carcillo draws penalties and can either play an efficient checking line role or sub-in on the top six. Hartnell isn't special defensively and has sucked in the top six for the most part this year.
Sigh. K. Ill be waiting for Carcillo's 50 points next year. Oh and I did look it up, Carcillo played on the Carter-Richards line since Dec 6, 2009. Of course he switched back and forth from that back to Betts line, but for the most part, he was on Richard's line.

Also for the +- thing, Hartnell has faced more supoerior opponents then Carcillo has. Its pretty easy to have a good +. Just look at Betts. Richards is a -3, Gagne -4, Briere -3.

Im not saying Hartnell has been good this year. Far from it. But this whole Carcillo fan club thing seems to be blinding alot of people.

Old
04-01-2010, 11:27 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
No.

Hartnell definitely has a bad reputation.

Voted #3 dirtiest player in the league by his peers, if I recall correctly, and has earned himself zero benefit of the doubt in any questionable goaltender contact for the rest of his life.

I guarantee you he is a guy that refs look out for while he's on the ice, everyone knows he gets his shots in any scrum/bit of contact (see: phantom call on being checked by Crosby for a result of his rep for that).

You're also making a good case for why Carcillo is more valuable. That doesn't mean he is a better hockey player.

Carcillo doesn't have the tools to put up the kind of points Hartnell has in the past, and has played significant time with our better lines this year. Hartnell is the better player; Carcillo is BY FAR the more valuable player this year.

If I had to pick one to boot, it'd be Hartnell, though.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 12:37 AM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Carcillo has improved immensely overall this season as compared to his play after his acquisition last year. I said I didn't want him around unless that happened, and it did, so I'm glad to have him. He clearly does a pretty damn good job drawing penalties, but I have to say...he seriously dives and embellishes about as much as any player I have ever watched. I am regularly shocked by his ability to fool the refs. Maybe it's because I watch him play so much, but I think a lot of his acting isn't even that good...yet it often works, so hey, who am I to complain I guess.

I find it funny though to see Flyers fans go nuts over opponents diving and at the same time praise Carcillo's handiwork. I'm one who generally isn't a fan of diving whether it's my team or not. I'm not too pleased when opponents do it, nor am I too pleased when Carcillo does it. Sure, when I played I embellished a bit at the right times, and I expect all players to do so. You'd be dumb not to in certain situations. But the extremes Carcillo often takes it to I don't have a whole lot of respect for.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Sigh. K. Ill be waiting for Carcillo's 50 points next year. Oh and I did look it up, Carcillo played on the Carter-Richards line since Dec 6, 2009. Of course he switched back and forth from that back to Betts line, but for the most part, he was on Richard's line.

Also for the +- thing, Hartnell has faced more supoerior opponents then Carcillo has. Its pretty easy to have a good +. Just look at Betts. Richards is a -3, Gagne -4, Briere -3.

Im not saying Hartnell has been good this year. Far from it. But this whole Carcillo fan club thing seems to be blinding alot of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Hartnell definitely has a bad reputation.

Voted #3 dirtiest player in the league by his peers, if I recall correctly, and has earned himself zero benefit of the doubt in any questionable goaltender contact for the rest of his life.

I guarantee you he is a guy that refs look out for while he's on the ice, everyone knows he gets his shots in any scrum/bit of contact (see: phantom call on being checked by Crosby for a result of his rep for that).

You're also making a good case for why Carcillo is more valuable. That doesn't mean he is a better hockey player.

Carcillo doesn't have the tools to put up the kind of points Hartnell has in the past, and has played significant time with our better lines this year. Hartnell is the better player; Carcillo is BY FAR the more valuable player this year.

If I had to pick one to boot, it'd be Hartnell, though.
You guys seem to be confusing who has been the better hockey player over his career (or in other words who has proven himself to be the better hockey player) with what I'm trying to say which is that Carcillo has been better for us this year thus he's been the better hockey player for us this year. There's a big difference between the two.

Hartnell definitely does have a reputation, but it's nowhere near as bad as Carcillo's, at least when it comes to refs. It doesn't really matter what other players think of Hartnell since it's the refs that make the calls.

Old
04-02-2010, 08:22 AM
flountown

Quote:
Haha, Homer was right!

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:

We're not a fan club. We just recognize who's earning their paycheck. Carcillo is and Hartnell isn't. Carcillo has been on and off Richards line, mostly off but he's illed in admirably for a guy that makes 5x less than Hartnell. This isn't to bash Scotty because he does go out and work his ass off. His problem is and always will be his discipline, not his finish or effort. He is a better top liner or 2nd liner than Dan but easily more replaceable than Knuble was.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote