HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Who is a UFA after this "season"?

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Slink

vCash: 500
Who is a UFA after this "season"?

Which Leafs are UFAs after 2004-2005 and which do you think will be back?

Old
02-13-2005, 12:44 PM
VanW27

Off the top of my head assuming contracts arn't carried over Mogilny, Roberts, Niewendyke and Leetch and i doubt any of them will be back. It's time for us to move on from some aging injury prone players and even if it wasn't we wouldn't have the cap room for them.

Old
02-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Roberts
Nieuwendyk
Leetch
Mogilny
Domi

That's a bit over $20 million, or about half a cap's worth, of players. Under the new CBA we will certainly get more than 5 guys for that money, even good ones.

Out of that group I would only be interested in resigning Leetch or Nieuwendyk at greatly reduced rates. They can still play and provide valuable veteran leadership for our young guys.

However, I don't know interested JFJ will be in doing that...in fact, it might be irresponsible of him to do so, given the number and quality of players available this summer.

Old
02-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
Roberts
Nieuwendyk
Leetch
Mogilny
Domi

That's a bit over $20 million, or about half a cap's worth, of players. Under the new CBA we will certainly get more than 5 guys for that money, even good ones.

Out of that group I would only be interested in resigning Leetch or Nieuwendyk at greatly reduced rates. They can still play and provide valuable veteran leadership for our young guys.

However, I don't know interested JFJ will be in doing that...in fact, it might be irresponsible of him to do so, given the number and quality of players available this summer.
He could and should still sign Roberts and Nieuwendyk ..as long as its as consultant and/or assistant coaches focussing on player development within the Organization ..

With the AHL team right in Toronto next season, what better way can you think of to utilize Gary and Joe abilities for the betterment of the team and not have them count against a Cap ..

Every prospect be given a membership to Roberts fitness club and make mandatory attendance a requirement to attend Newy's Character building Courses..

Old
02-13-2005, 01:22 PM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Every prospect be given a membership to Roberts fitness club and make mandatory attendance a requirement to attend Newy's Character building Courses..

I doubt Roberts would be willing to give away free memberships.

Closed Thread