HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our powerplay is frustrating

Old
04-01-2010, 07:45 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
If the PP strugles tonight in the early going I'd like to Parse get a chance. He's proven that he has his cocked and ready to go.

Bottom line - every team that plays the Kings know what they're going to do, stand still and look for the perfect one timer. The Kings need to move there feet and get the PK running around in there zone. Start opening lanes and look for shots right away. They also need better passing on the PP

Side note - I hate how fans are always yelling "Shoot, Shoot" If you have ever played I think you may side with me. These players are so good in this league that unless the pass in on the tape, you wont' get the shot off. The lane will close then they shoot and it's blocked.
The flip side is, however, that on many occasions players are passing up good opportunities looking for that "Perfect" pass or the most excellent shot when it is often just as good to get the puck to the net and crash for rebounds. We all know the TM system requires pucks to the net, which is why Stoll kills momentum when he misses high and wide and rims the puck all the way out.

I can think of four or five times, at least, since the Olympic break, when the Kings have mustered only a shot or two on a single two minute power play. That is unacceptable, and is often the result of the "perfect-play" mentality.

Thats when I start yelling "SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK!"

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehole93 View Post
If the PP strugles tonight in the early going I'd like to Parse get a chance. He's proven that he has his cocked and ready to go.
Whoa!!! Misread that for a second!

Skebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 02:42 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
PP looked GREAT tonight. Of course, when it's scoring, it looks good, but there were a FEW different looks tonight that opened up players that weren't Stoll, which makes me eat my words from earlier. Big thumbs up to the coaching staff for either pulling the biggest rope-a-dope ever and saving their PP playbook for this time of year, or for collectively getting together and saying that they need variety.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 02:51 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Tonight, Jack and Doughty owned the PP. Jack plays like this on most nights and look the **** out. He and Doughty may become one of the best 1 - 2 defensive pairs on the PP.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote