HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Southern Hospitality; Chatty, chat, chat

Old
02-15-2010, 12:15 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Guess I should introduce myself.

Evan Taylor, born and raised in Boise, Idaho. Have (still) sadly never been to Nashville. About the closest I've been is Orlando.

Never really followed hockey until a friend from Detroit got me a Konstantinov jersey for my 16th birthday and that was in 1998. Was a Wings fan first but didn't feel right to root for them especially as they had just won the cup twice. So when the Predators came into the league they were my 1B team.

Over time I liked the Predators style of play and whatnot more and also no one would every accuse me of being a bandwagon fan, that solidified when I got my Vokoun jersey back in jeeze, '03 I think.

I'm still kicking myself for not visiting for a game before I moved to Taiwan and still a bit angry couldn't get there with my last trip back home during Christmas but oh well.

And seeing how long I've been a member of this site I feel old, but I'm glad to see more and more Preds posters around here.

Non-hockey related stuff:

Boise State University graduate with a degree in communications, minor in Mandarin. Have been living in Taiwan since summer of '06 and teach English while also working on my Mandarin.

Currently actually looking at starting importing/exporting stuff, but have to start small as I have no experience in this.

Last edited by golfmade: 02-15-2010 at 12:22 AM.
golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 02:16 AM
thejlb*

Hey everyone my name is Josh I am 25 years old, I have lived in Nashville since 1995. I was born and raised in Mentor Ohio. My favorite player growing up was Eric Lindros. Those of you who attended school in Mt. Juliet might even remember me. I had a home and away Lindros jersey and wore it religously. Until we got the Nashville Predators. I've been a die hard fan ever since. I am also a very big fan of the Titans and the commodores.

I am usually at most preds practices, and preds events. A season ticket holder in section 325 row b seat 6 by no coincidence my favorite player is Shea Weber in a close 2nd is David Legwand(Thats right I said it) and 3rd is Jason Arnott. My prefered
goalie is Rinne.

I am also a car enthusiast, working on a 4x4 right now my first by the way. I love to watch movies and get tattoos. I love to rant on and on. I'm always playing Nhl 10 if anyones interested as well as other games. I am also on a working out high right now it was one of my new years resolutions that I am proud to say have stuck with so far. This is all easy to me as I am unemployed right now. So if anyones a manager looking for warehouse work/welding/shipping and receiving get back to me I can start today... In the picture below is most of my family from left to right. My brother in Law, my Nephew, my Dad, my wonderful girlfriend, ME and my sister.

Last edited by thejlb*: 02-15-2010 at 02:20 AM. Reason: add picture
thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:14 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Evan, I don't know why but your story is really cool to me! I guess it's because you chose the Preds to be your favorite team even though you'd never seen them play live and the fact that you support them from all the way over in Taiwan. I understand what you mean about being a bandwagon fan, there's always that one team or player in sports that is "the" team/player to like and I feel like the casual fan will list them as their favorite just because that's what everyone else says.

You have been a member of this site for ages (over 7 years!), I'm ashamed to have only been here a month. But it's nice to meet you and I am glad there are a few Predators posters around here too! We aren't as active as some of the other team's boards but I figure this thread will help us get to know each other and even if we have a small community, we'll have a tight one.

Josh, you get cool points from me just because your preferred goalie is Pekka. I have probably seen you at some practices because I have gone to a lot of them recently. You have a nice looking family and a very cute nephew! Love how everyone is sporting Predators gear. I have a few tattoos but they are small ones, I am currently designing my next one which will be hockey related. Oh and I play NHL '10 all the time too! Anyway, nice to meet you!

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 10:42 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh View Post
Considering the $$$$ people are dropping for those seats, they have the right to demand you get out of the way.
I don't think the have the right to demand anything. I go down to the glass. We've started sitting in the 2nd or 3rd row back because it's mostly social time with people I get to see less this year than watching the team warm up. If I'm asked to move, no problem. I will gladly get up and shift to another seat or row. It's the people who automatically go straight to the ushers or assume that I'm planning on taking their seat. It's obviously allowed if the ushers let us go down there in the first place. And Sabre's right, it's usually the suits or "non-fans" that are rude about it.

To counter the rude people, a friend and I were actually offered to stay in the seats that we were in one night because the owners son and wife bailed on him. 3rd row in the corner. Crazy awesome seats.

Edit: My seats are towards the middle of the first row of 333. I love having no one in front of me, I can make as many off the wall comments as I want with only the person to my left hearing me. He usually gets a kick out of it.

Last edited by PredsChik: 02-15-2010 at 02:20 PM.
PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:21 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
Evan, I don't know why but your story is really cool to me! I guess it's because you chose the Preds to be your favorite team even though you'd never seen them play live and the fact that you support them from all the way over in Taiwan. I understand what you mean about being a bandwagon fan, there's always that one team or player in sports that is "the" team/player to like and I feel like the casual fan will list them as their favorite just because that's what everyone else says.

You have been a member of this site for ages (over 7 years!), I'm ashamed to have only been here a month. But it's nice to meet you and I am glad there are a few Predators posters around here too! We aren't as active as some of the other team's boards but I figure this thread will help us get to know each other and even if we have a small community, we'll have a tight one.
I know for a fact part of it is just that, growing up in Boise there's really no pro-sports teams nearby. Closet would be Seattle.

As a result my favorite baseball team has, and always will be the Mariners. I also liked the Supersonics but well they moved and since then the NBA can kiss my ass. As for NFL well I've always been a Chiefs fan since the Okoye days.

As for being in Taiwan there's a lot of Canadians here. Of those I meet that follow hockey, I'd say half are very vocal about Nashville not deserving to be in the NHL and the other half support the team. I don't even bother to convert the ones that are naysayers, as they also tend to be the type of expats here that I wouldn't want to be friends with anyways.

Sure doesn't feel like seven years but time flies. Glad to have you aboard and please do spread the word if you feel anyone else could be of help. I mean really, I can't give much input myself as I only ever watch the games online and have never actually played the sport, but I'll support the Preds come hell or high water and do my best to support the team when and how I can.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 02:18 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
So are any of you guys STH? I sit in section 329 most of the time unless we decide to upgrade.
Yeah, I am a FSTH, and I sit in the last row of 329

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 05:53 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
my son is in row S. do you see him and his friends up there sometimes? let me know if they dont behave....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 11:49 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
I don't think the have the right to demand anything. I go down to the glass. We've started sitting in the 2nd or 3rd row back because it's mostly social time with people I get to see less this year than watching the team warm up. If I'm asked to move, no problem. I will gladly get up and shift to another seat or row. It's the people who automatically go straight to the ushers or assume that I'm planning on taking their seat. It's obviously allowed if the ushers let us go down there in the first place. And Sabre's right, it's usually the suits or "non-fans" that are rude about it.

To counter the rude people, a friend and I were actually offered to stay in the seats that we were in one night because the owners son and wife bailed on him. 3rd row in the corner. Crazy awesome seats.
Precisely. I'm not trying to get in anyone's way, I just have a lot of stuff sometimes what with my purse, coat, Predators Press, and that night was the night they gave out posters so I had that too. Maybe from now on I'll stuff everything into a backpack to stay out of people's way. It's just really not necessary to be rude about it. I'll be moving 15 minutes before game even starts.

That is really rad that someone let you stay in their seats! How sweet. Admittedly, for every "bad apple" there are probably ten nice people at the Sommet Center. I have gotten my fair share of "lip" from people over the years at the games, but have also had hundreds of very pleasant experiences with fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
As for being in Taiwan there's a lot of Canadians here. Of those I meet that follow hockey, I'd say half are very vocal about Nashville not deserving to be in the NHL and the other half support the team. I don't even bother to convert the ones that are naysayers, as they also tend to be the type of expats here that I wouldn't want to be friends with anyways.

Sure doesn't feel like seven years but time flies. Glad to have you aboard and please do spread the word if you feel anyone else could be of help. I mean really, I can't give much input myself as I only ever watch the games online and have never actually played the sport, but I'll support the Preds come hell or high water and do my best to support the team when and how I can.

Thanks!!

You have a great attitude about the naysayers, they aren't worth your breath or energy to try to explain it to them if they feel so strongly as to say we don't even deserve to be in the league. Kudos for brushing it off like that. Anyway, if you ever find yourself in Nashville for a game, be sure to post about it, us Nashvillians would love to welcome you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
my son is in row S. do you see him and his friends up there sometimes? let me know if they dont behave....
Hello you two. We have moved around a little in 329, sometimes we're in G and other times in C. So look for a redheaded girl wearing a Rinne jersey and my mom wearing an Arnott jersey.

Old
02-17-2010, 03:23 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Ah, might as well show a photo.. I'm in the USA jersey.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 04:26 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyh View Post
Ah, might as well show a photo.. I'm in the USA jersey.

What a cool picture! Thanks for posting, Codey. Love your friend's Team Finland jersey, too.

Old
02-18-2010, 09:46 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

OK, I'll post a short bio.
I'm Eric, soon to be 46, married with a daughter about to graduate college and a son in year 2. Eight yrs ago when I joined here and lurked then began to post, I had no idea I had begun a lifelong obsession, that is for sure.

My older brother used to do ad work for the Preds when they first setup here and got comp tickets. He had been a Blackhawk fan and became a Pred fan. Used to invite me to the weeknight games with him as his kids are younger and did not stay up that late on school nights nor were they that interested. Now he is barely interested in hockey and I am the avid fan. (He is kinda like that, very trendy with things, then drops them). Later my son decided he wanted to play hockey, started with inline, worked his way to Ice, played High school, still plays in one of the adult leagues now. So the bug really took in my family. My wife is, of course, a saint, putting up with all of the TV domination that Center Ice results in..

I usually follow two teams, always the Preds are my main team and I add an Eastern conference team. I used to follow Ottawa, but transitioned to the Capitals as Ovechkin emerged-- that team is a joy to watch, as different from Nashville as you can get. The rest, as they say, is history.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2010, 10:27 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
OK, I'll post a short bio.
I'm Eric, soon to be 46, married with a daughter about to graduate college and a son in year 2. Eight yrs ago when I joined here and lurked then began to post, I had no idea I had begun a lifelong obsession, that is for sure.

My older brother used to do ad work for the Preds when they first setup here and got comp tickets. He had been a Blackhawk fan and became a Pred fan. Used to invite me to the weeknight games with him as his kids are younger and did not stay up that late on school nights nor were they that interested. Now he is barely interested in hockey and I am the avid fan. (He is kinda like that, very trendy with things, then drops them). Later my son decided he wanted to play hockey, started with inline, worked his way to Ice, played High school, still plays in one of the adult leagues now. So the bug really took in my family. My wife is, of course, a saint, putting up with all of the TV domination that Center Ice results in..

I usually follow two teams, always the Preds are my main team and I add an Eastern conference team. I used to follow Ottawa, but transitioned to the Capitals as Ovechkin emerged-- that team is a joy to watch, as different from Nashville as you can get. The rest, as they say, is history.
What college does your daughter go to? I will be graduating in 2011 (hopefully, if I can get some extra credits this summer).

That's nice that your wife allows the hockey madness in your house, too bad she's not into it though! I am very fortunate that both of my parents are big hockey fans so our whole family is glued to the television.

Anyway, nice to meet you Eric!

Old
02-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Webersmashpuck

Im Dave, a 24 year old History Major at MTSU. I work loading trucks in the evenings so I don't get to go to as many games as I would like.

I was born in Detroit, even though I lived in Tennessee during the 90s I still cheered on the Wings. That was until the Preds came, I followed the team casually as I had done with the Red Wings and actually took them for my own at once. The moment that really hooked me was the first playoff series, I did not have cable at the team and remember listening to Pete and Terry on the radio and I was hooked hearing everything. Then the lockout came and I was really mad, but as soon as it ended I was out getting Preds tickets.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2010, 08:41 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
What college does your daughter go to? I will be graduating in 2011 (hopefully, if I can get some extra credits this summer).
She will be graduating in May from Tennessee Tech with a degree in Professional Communication. Not the greatest time to hit the job market, but hopefully her outstanding achievements and portfolio open some doors and I think once she gets an interview she will be seen as a must have candidate, but ai am admittedly biased.

My wife watches some but only so much and after a while loses interest. She will go to games some but won't mind surrendering her ticket if a friend wants to go. Like I said, a true saint. I guess I do not have many vices, so she tolerates this as it is pretty harmless...

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

There is an "Introduce Yourself!" thread in the Lounge, I believe, but since we're a fairly small community wouldn't it be nice to get to know each other a little bit? You can use this template (sort of like the one from the Lounge) or another one, totally up to you.
Name: Ben
Nationality: Canadian, EH
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 135 lbs
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Grey, but changes depending on the weather
Colleges attending/attended/will attend: University of Toronto
Favorite band: Dead Kennedys, Rush
Favorite song: The Man With the Dogs, Spirit of Radio
Hockey jerseys owned: Good lord
Edmonton Oilers 3rd, Edmonton Oilers home, Edmonton Oilers away (2005-2006, Ryan Smyth), Edmonton Oilers 3rd (2005-2006), Pittsburgh Penguins (2005-2006), Phoenix Coyotes (2005-2006), Suomi blue (team Finland, WJC 2006, Tuukka Rask), Tre Kronor yellow (team Sweden, WC 2009), Tre Kronor blue (team Sweden, Olys 2010) and others that I actually play for my team in.
How did you become a Preds fan?: Started watching the team for a little while and absolutely loved the playstyle.
Video games played: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Consoles owned: Xbox 360
Twitter: Yes! @predatoilers (that's my HFB one, my personal Twitter I only reveal to friends, sorry )
Your turn!

----------------------------

Name:
Nationality:
Height:
Weight:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Colleges attending/attended/will attend:
Favorite band:
Favorite song:
Hockey jerseys owned:
How did you become a Preds fan?:
Video games played:
Consoles owned:
Twitter:

Name: Hunter
Nationality: American
Height: 6 feet
Weight: 200+
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Blue
Colleges attending/attended/will attend: Small Business degree from a local community college here in Nashville
Favorite band: Too many
Favorite song: Too many
Hockey jerseys owned: Weber, Hartnell, a Dunham era jersey signed by the team
How did you become a Preds fan?: A few years after they became a team, I started going to games & got hooked
Video games played: NHL 2K9
Consoles owned: Wii
Twitter: Nope

I started one a while back... http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=737035

And OMG you're 14.

Oh my bad, should it be merged or something? Just wanted to get to know the community a little better. And yep, fourteen years old just over a month ago, lol. And NO, that's not an April Fools' joke. Why, do I seem younger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Oh my bad, should it be merged or something? Just wanted to get to know the community a little better. And yep, fourteen years old just over a month ago, lol. And NO, that's not an April Fools' joke. Why, do I seem younger?
No problem, if SLake or BigFatCat wants to merge them?

And no, I thought you were older, maybe late teens. I just find it hard to believe that anyone born in 1996 can post on the internet. I mean I'm not a grandma (I'm 21) but still! It makes sense, I was online posting at 11 and everyone thought I was a baby, but now I feel like the old one.

I went to that thread and saw the picture of you and I thought you were Cameron from House, if you've ever seen that show. Before she changed her hair color to blonde.

sooooooo... do they not have school in canada? or is posting on hockey message boards part of the cirriculum up there, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
I went to that thread and saw the picture of you and I thought you were Cameron from House, if you've ever seen that show. Before she changed her hair color to blonde.
I just googled her and she's pretty, so I'll take that as a compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
sooooooo... do they not have school in canada? or is posting on hockey message boards part of the cirriculum up there, eh?
I'm sick- though I can't say I'll complain. I'm missing the last day of school before the long weekend and my road trip to Detroit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 04-01-2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Already
Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 04:37 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

*Pulls out the manual and wonders why there is a merge posts and merge thread option NOT in the same scroll down window.*

Ah just pick one......Whoops.

Ok, threads merged, nothing to see here! April Fools Day Y'all!.....

(Yeah and you guys wonder why I'm a clown on the side.....)

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 04:47 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
*Pulls out the manual and wonders why there is a merge posts and merge thread option NOT in the same scroll down window.*

Ah just pick one......Whoops.

Ok, threads merged, nothing to see here! April Fools Day Y'all!.....

(Yeah and you guys wonder why I'm a clown on the side.....)
Hahah, I was looking at that and wondering why Conando was listed as the poster for all of those! Anyway to undo it and remerge the threads?

Old
04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Hahah, I was looking at that and wondering why Conando was listed as the poster for all of those! Anyway to undo it and remerge the threads?
Sadly not that I can see. I could delete them and let everyone RE-POST.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 05:17 PM
goalscorer

I'm Chris. Twenty five year old police officer in western Kentucky. (FYI for the ladies, I do look good in uniform.) I grew up in Memphis, TN. I played high school and travel hockey in the Memphis system (Collierville Dragons and Memphis Blues travel), for Team South at Chicago Showcase and lastly for MTSU.

I currently play/coach roller hockey, which is a joke here. Hopefully one day our youth will develop and we'll have a decent league. While on the topic, we have five guys that are solid and are always looking to play in tournaments. If anyone here plays roller and would like to play in one with us let me know. Personal message or whatever.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 4856
As a hockey fan in an area where hockey is the unchallenged number one sport, it's cool to see what's going on here in this thread.

Chairman Maouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Name is Lisa. Been a hockey fan since I was 3 or 4 but only became a rabid fan after the Preds arrived. I count myself among the crazies who live for this sport.

As for age, um...chronological or mental? I have a cell phone and XM and that's about as technologically advanced as it gets for me.

2 grown children; one small granddaughter; UTK a long long time ago; married; part owner of an animation studio that's done stuff you've seen. ;-)

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Sadly not that I can see. I could delete them and let everyone RE-POST.
No thanks, it's fine as it is.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 11:20 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'll play. My name is JJ and I've been a hockey fan for a long time. Played a little, coached a little too.

I'm a rare one that actually grew up loving hockey and have always lived right here in Nashville.

I played in the NYHL when it was at ice centennial on 23rd. I've played a ton of rollerhockey too, and loved the infamous RollerDome.

I'm older than most here but younger than a couple.

I'm a finesse hockey player and try to avoid contact as much as possible....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:36 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I'm a finesse hockey player and try to avoid contact as much as possible....
This could be the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards.

OK my turn

Brady
sec 323 row a
season tickets since day 1
grew up in NYC
Play, Coach, and Live and breathe hockey!!
Islander fan as a kid and still count them as my second favorite team.
Married with 3 Kids ( all at Father Ryan)

hipcheck85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:13 AM
MrJoshua

Well this looks like an OK thread for my first post on this board...

My name is Joshua (you never would have guessed, right?) I'm a 31-year-old Preds fan in Decatur, AL. I graduated from UAH (go Chargers!) and got into hockey in college. At age 24 a friend of mind reminded me about the ice rink here in town, so I bought some skates and a stick and started learning how to play. (If you're in North Alabama, Charles Bernard at the Point Mallard Ice Complex in Decatur is an excellent person to teach you how to skate.)

Now I play recreationally in Huntsville and Decatur, and I purchase three 10-game flex packs every year so I can go to Preds games with friends. I'll be at the regular season finale, and of course I sent in the form for playoff tickets. Knock on wood, I'll see all of you there. Even if I don't recognize anyone, lol...

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote