HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. Louis Blues 2 @ Nashville Predators 3 | 1 April | 19:00 CST

Old
04-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Milly79

vCash: 500
3-5-3!

Thanks, Preds!

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 11:43 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Sounded like Rinne stopped Perron with a HUGE pad save in what amounted to a breakaway, then Wardo with a HUGE sliding block out to the neutral zone...3.1 seconds remaining...faceoff outside the zone after an offsides...Trotz livid they added 2.7 seconds to the clock!!!
That was the play of the game, IMO...even more so than Sully's breakaway, Boyd's tip, or Hornqvist's barrel into the zone\Wilson's finish. Perron had Rinne dead to rights, and somehow he got his left pad on it. I had nightmarish visions of that Isles game a while back where they tied it with a few seconds to go and we lost in OT.

Also...Wilson should stick to scoring goals....he got his clock cleaned in that fight with Polak

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 11:45 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

That first goal pissed me off so much. How that wasn't goaltender interference, I don't know. He skated right into Pekka seconds before the puck hit the net -- there was a good possibility that Peks could have caught it. Ah well, the refs were calling crap against us all night and we still won.

I sat behind two Blues fans, but they were the most lethargic hockey fans I've ever seen. They had Blues jerseys on but sort of clapped a little when the Blues scored. Nothing else phased them, they sort of just sat there. Would have preferred a little rivalry.

All in all, very exciting game. Lots of fights, lots of powerplays (10 in all, 5 for them and 5 for us), lots of goals, AND a regulation win. For another night, we stay ahead of the Wings. I can sleep soundly.

Oh, also, shirtless Wilson during the second intermission on the television airing was icing on the cake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Unfortunately I'll be in Detoit, sans laptop. I'll be able to have some access to the forums via BB, but I can't make a GDT. Sabre's particularly good at it, so if she or anyone else wants it, it is theirs to have.
Posted via Mobile Device
Aww, thanks. I'll try to start it if no one else beats me to it! Congrats on your win for your first GDT, Ben!

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Just watched some highlights. I noted Leggy's nice pass in front that was stopped by Mason, it was a beautiful precision feed. I agree with SLake about Willy's celly- with flare but it did not, in fact, cause severe injury to Jason Arnott. But all in all that looked pretty positive. Great game all-around.
EDIT: Thanks, Sabre!

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 12:55 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveTheTeamAlready View Post
From 325 it looked like our first goal was tipped in by their player from up on high.

Our second was HQ determined to play every second, and Wilson following for the crumbs, great move by Wilson.

Our third was all Sully; he tried to gut out the same type play several times and this one finally worked.

Never did see/hear what Suter's Unsportsmanlike Conduct was all about.

Titanic save by Rinne at the end.

8-12 blues fans nearby who cheered for their team and quite surprisingly were not a bunch of asshats.
Right before in the defensive end, Suter got the puck out and as Perron was skating by him gave him a nice whack on the hand/stick. Suter was none too pleased about it and chirped at the ref. I saw him look at his hand and the butt of his stick and then he went to the bench. He must've kept chirping from there to get the misconduct.

I now absolutely hate St. Louis. I have no respect for these guys whatsoever. These guys come in with high elbows, cheap shots after the whistle, actually looking like they're trying to injure other players. Just not cool in my book. Perron is a little punk. I can't tell you how many times I saw him take whacks at our guys after plays or after the puck was gone and ref was looking the other way. I cannot stand them. They make me sick to my stomach.

I don't like Detroit at all either but I also have a respect for them and some of their skill guys. They play tough and will whack our guys around a little here and there but for the most part they bring it hard yet clean. St. Louis doesn't and it I'm over it. They can just sit home and watch us in the playoffs. Too bad little Paulie wasn't out there tonight as I would've loved to have seen him get hit a few times.

Honestly, I was hoping it would end up like this, them taking cheap shots at us and us keeping our composure and winning the game. That's the way to beat these little fockers.

On a different note, how can one not like Hornqvist. The kid is a beast. Same for Wilson. Two young kids that are only going to get better with experience. Rinne playing like we all thought he could. Hamhuis settling down nicely and playing some really good hockey since the break. Bouillon is fun to watch as he doesn't take any ***** from anyone out there. Let's go into Detroit and get 2 points and keep the ball rolling into the playoffs.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 05:00 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I really wish someone would punch Tkachuk right in the damn mouth.

One time we were getting a penalty and Goc was going to touch up the puck and Tkachuk went out of his way to hit Goc into the boards and went up high with an elbow to Goc's face/neck area. King hit Belak with a crosscheck across the top of the shoulders/neck area, which led to the fight.

Next Saturday they are going to come back in here just looking to hurt someone before the playoffs. Dirty jagoffs.

You know, after going 8 periods w/o a goal at home, I thought we were in trouble when STL went up 2-0. But when Wilson tied it I had a good feeling that we would win.

Bouillon was a beast along the boards. Every time a Blue tried to enter the zone along Bouillon's side, Bouillon leveled him with a huge heavy check!

Pekka's legs!!

The team seemed to get pissed after the first STL goal and played with a different edge. The last 2 games they seem very pissy out there and I hope they go up to Detroit and play with that edge and play tough and get the win.

Quote:
Didn't you see that Ken Campbell resigned from The Hockey News today?

http://theviewfrom111.blogspot.com/2...key-world.html
I got excited for a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveTheTeamAlready View Post
From 325 it looked like our first goal was tipped in by their player from up on high.
That's what some people around me were saying. I really don't understand what was taking so long on the replay or why they even needed one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
That first goal pissed me off so much. How that wasn't goaltender interference, I don't know. He skated right into Pekka seconds before the puck hit the net -- there was a good possibility that Peks could have caught it. Ah well, the refs were calling crap against us all night and we still won.
That goal was crap. The Blue player freaking knocked Rinne over and did a flip himself. I think back to the game in Colorado in January when we had a tieing goal waived off for goalie interference. Their goalie came out of his crease and Patrick Hornqvist was going to the front of the net (not in the crease!) and they just bumped skates and Anderson barely fell backwards. I don't see how the STL one is allowed and ours is waived off.

Then to call the goalie interference on Boyd?! When he got pushed into the goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539
Oh, also, shirtless Wilson during the second intermission on the television airing was icing on the cake.
I missed that!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 06:18 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Was watching a replay of the game as I fell asleep last night, only caught the majority of the first period and the start of the second before I dozed off, but...the incident that I haven't seen anyone reference yet that really got my attention was Crombeen's slashing penalty in the first period on Hornqvist...

I'm seriously already dozing off and here I catch Crombeen wind up and take a two-handed slash at Hornqvist's leg at the bottom of the screen. I see Hornqvist start to lose balance in that direction and it isn't until the whistle blows a second later that my "did I just see what I think I saw" thought is confirmed...thankfully Hornqvist's stick was in the way to catch the slash, but if it wasn't...we quite possibly lost our leading goal scorer for 6-8 weeks with a broken leg.

That incident enough was evidence for me that the game was filled with stupidity and cheap dirty play. What a complete joke...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 08:31 AM
RollingPredFan

I didn't like how we started the 1st and 2nd period. I don't like some of the chances we gave up. The Blues missed some empty nets and prime chances... But we won despite that and some dubious calls.

Hornqvist was a beast, I have to say he is our MVP, hands down...

Rinne is sharp, things are looking good for us if we get healthy.

We just need one calgary loss or even a OTL and we are in

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 08:43 AM
PredsChik

Oh Perron, top of my crap list now. I've hated Jackman forever but Perron is the new winner. Wish I had been sitting lower bowl last night, would have loved for those guys to hear what I was yelling.

The Wilson/Horny goal was sexy. Holy cow, was it sexy. The guy I took last night was still talking about it on the way to the car.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Was watching a replay of the game as I fell asleep last night, only caught the majority of the first period and the start of the second before I dozed off, but...

......That incident enough was evidence for me that the game was filled with stupidity and cheap dirty play. What a complete joke...

Belak's presence obviously wasn't enough to stop the foolishness, and not that Tootoo would have either, but what was the reason for the late scratch to put Belak in there? Isn't St. Louis the ideal scenario for Tootoo and hasn't Belak proven time after time to have "a minimal physical enforcement and liberty deterrent sphere of influence" (that's for you FCM ) when he's in the game?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:03 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Was watching a replay of the game as I fell asleep last night, only caught the majority of the first period and the start of the second before I dozed off, but...the incident that I haven't seen anyone reference yet that really got my attention was Crombeen's slashing penalty in the first period on Hornqvist...

I'm seriously already dozing off and here I catch Crombeen wind up and take a two-handed slash at Hornqvist's leg at the bottom of the screen. I see Hornqvist start to lose balance in that direction and it isn't until the whistle blows a second later that my "did I just see what I think I saw" thought is confirmed...thankfully Hornqvist's stick was in the way to catch the slash, but if it wasn't...we quite possibly lost our leading goal scorer for 6-8 weeks with a broken leg.

That incident enough was evidence for me that the game was filled with stupidity and cheap dirty play. What a complete joke...
There were so many cheap shots last night I totally forgot about this one. At the time I was incensed. Watched it happen and was blown away that Crombeen only got 2 minutes for this. There wasn't a play on the puck at all and how they didn't give him a misconduct in addition to the 2 minutes for slashing was unreal to me. The puck drops and goes to slash Hornqvist. Bush league if you ask me. As long as we're in the playoff next Saturday, I say we sit the majority of our guys and bring up a bunch of guys from Milwaukee and play Hanson style hockey, just beat the ever living ***** out of St. Louis. Crash and burn and fight, that's all, nothing else but that. Teach those puss buckets some manners.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:18 AM
WalkmanX

Great game and end result, i have to be honest i was pretty pissed off at the start. And after the missed interference call witch led to the goal i was super pissed against the refs/Blues players.

Second goal against us was a really nice looking goal and i don't think that it was on Rinne so he played an all around good game, really nice save on Perron at the end there.

Our Goals were also really nice Boyd with a really nice redirect to give us life and Wilson with an absolute beauty, and Sully's goal also really nice with a great off the class feed from Hornqvist and little luck aswell

Oh and i seriously have no respect for the Blues players especially Perron and Backes. I was watching the Blues telecast and in the 3rd before the Suter penalty they showed how Backes pushed Suter for no obvious reason for like 4-5 times when the game wasn't on. And then later the same against Hamhuis. Man i wished i was there i would've been all over Backes seriously. You DON'T mess with my team man ...

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:25 AM
jlsg

On the Sully goal, Ward said on the post game that they practice that play. Tried it a couple of times and this one clicked.
I have 0 respect for that team. They were building something at one point but now they're just a bunch of goons. Shame for the Blues fans. You have to feel for guys like Kariya and Mason. You can question what they did on the ice, but both were class guys. I'd be embarrassed to be part of a team like that.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Eugfest

Hey guys, just stopped by on your board to say that I'm Horny for Hornqvist. My favorite pred in a long time. What a steal

Eugfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:04 AM
belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Belak's presence obviously wasn't enough to stop the foolishness, and not that Tootoo would have either, but what was the reason for the late scratch to put Belak in there? Isn't St. Louis the ideal scenario for Tootoo and hasn't Belak proven time after time to have "a minimal physical enforcement and liberty deterrent sphere of influence" (that's for you FCM ) when he's in the game?

Inquiring minds want to know.
In the post game, Trotz said he didn't want Toots taking on King's height/weight advantage.

belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Que Sera Sera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugfest View Post
Hey guys, just stopped by on your board to say that I'm Horny for Hornqvist. My favorite pred in a long time. What a steal
We all love him too. Thanks for stopping by!

Old
04-02-2010, 10:31 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Trotz just said at the end of his post-game when asked for an update on Grebeshkov that Denis would be increasing his workload this week, but isn't expected to play again before the end of the regular season...
Geez, did he fracture his pelvis with that shot.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Que Sera Sera

It wouldn't surprise me. Having seen what happened to him... GAH.

Old
04-02-2010, 10:44 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Hornqvist is THE story of the Preds franchise writ large for 2009-2010. No doubt about it. Last player picked, pretty much written off after a disappointing effort last year. If it was his rookie year this guy would be your Calder winner. Extremely coachable and works every shift. When you consider his production vs icetime, wow!

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:50 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Ok, Hornqvist has 30 goals, 51 points while 6th on the team in ice time with 15:47.

I wonder how he will react with playoff minutes? 17-18 minutes a game.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:01 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Right before in the defensive end, Suter got the puck out and as Perron was skating by him gave him a nice whack on the hand/stick. Suter was none too pleased about it and chirped at the ref. I saw him look at his hand and the butt of his stick and then he went to the bench. He must've kept chirping from there to get the misconduct.
They were talking on the post game show last night that that was the only plausible reason Suter got a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. I'm glad to see Suter standing up since he doesn't usually do that.
Quote:
I now absolutely hate St. Louis. I have no respect for these guys whatsoever. These guys come in with high elbows, cheap shots after the whistle, actually looking like they're trying to injure other players. Just not cool in my book. Perron is a little punk. I can't tell you how many times I saw him take whacks at our guys after plays or after the puck was gone and ref was looking the other way. I cannot stand them. They make me sick to my stomach.

I don't like Detroit at all either but I also have a respect for them and some of their skill guys. They play tough and will whack our guys around a little here and there but for the most part they bring it hard yet clean. St. Louis doesn't and it I'm over it. They can just sit home and watch us in the playoffs. Too bad little Paulie wasn't out there tonight as I would've loved to have seen him get hit a few times.

Honestly, I was hoping it would end up like this, them taking cheap shots at us and us keeping our composure and winning the game. That's the way to beat these little fockers.
They are one of, if not THE dirtiest team I've seen in the NHL. They were the ones that injured Erat and Klein (and maybe one other?) in the same game back in December. It's like they aren't skilled enough to actually win a game, they have to stoop to beating up our players and eliminating the competition that way.

Quote:
On a different note, how can one not like Hornqvist. The kid is a beast. Same for Wilson. Two young kids that are only going to get better with experience. Rinne playing like we all thought he could. Hamhuis settling down nicely and playing some really good hockey since the break. Bouillon is fun to watch as he doesn't take any ***** from anyone out there. Let's go into Detroit and get 2 points and keep the ball rolling into the playoffs.
Right on! Our guys are doing great out there... very pleased with what I'm seeing. It makes the upcoming playoffs that much more exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Next Saturday they are going to come back in here just looking to hurt someone before the playoffs. Dirty jagoffs.
I know, and that sort of scares me. I hate that they are the last team we play in the regular season. Is it their last game too? Just checked, yep, it's their last... fortunately, they have four games between then and now, including a back-to-back the night before. So they should be more tired, thus allowing us to beat the hell out of them and take the win.

Quote:
That goal was crap. The Blue player freaking knocked Rinne over and did a flip himself. I think back to the game in Colorado in January when we had a tieing goal waived off for goalie interference. Their goalie came out of his crease and Patrick Hornqvist was going to the front of the net (not in the crease!) and they just bumped skates and Anderson barely fell backwards. I don't see how the STL one is allowed and ours is waived off.

Then to call the goalie interference on Boyd?! When he got pushed into the goalie.
I kept screaming that anyone can get a goal if you trample the goaltender right before your teammate shoots it in. Tsk. Don't remind me of that game [the Avs one]... I was so effing mad at that disallowance, what a load of bull. Horny nudged Anderson's skate, then we scored a good 5 seconds later. Yeah, interference my ass. Last night was interference...

Quote:
I missed that!
I have it on my DVR. I'll snap a picture for you if you like.

Quote:
That's what the Blues are this year, a joke. They aren't really playing hockey, they are playing eliminating-players-so-we-have-a-better-chance. Just shows their lack of talent and respect for the game. From here on out I'll be cheering for anyone who's against them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
On the Sully goal, Ward said on the post game that they practice that play. Tried it a couple of times and this one clicked.
I have 0 respect for that team. They were building something at one point but now they're just a bunch of goons. Shame for the Blues fans. You have to feel for guys like Kariya and Mason. You can question what they did on the ice, but both were class guys. I'd be embarrassed to be part of a team like that.
Do you excuse Mason and Kariya because they are former Preds? I group 'em all together now...

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Que Sera Sera

At this point I can't see us going down on the last game of the season without attacking right back. I wouldn't even mind seeing David Backes get smacked around by Beeler.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
04-02-2010, 01:06 PM
jlsg

Quote:
Th
Do you excuse Mason and Kariya because they are former Preds? I group 'em all together now...
No, not exactly. I say that because I've met both on more then one occasion. Neither of them play that style of hockey. And I know for a fact that Mason doesn't like it.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 01:07 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Ah, so that is who that was. Niiiice. I like Wilson even more now.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisHockeyFan View Post
Ah, so that is who that was. Niiiice. I like Wilson even more now.
Try to keep your pants on

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote