HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#77: Flyers @ Islanders - April 1, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2010, 08:41 AM
  #476
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
the sad part imo is that most of these players could care less really. One reason being they have already been paid way to early by way to much. They have nothing to strive for. They lsoe, oh well lets get them next year boys. I really feel sorry for the coach, knowing the slop he has no choice but to put in net and knwoing that the chances they are going to lose are better than 50/50. look at the menatlly weak players body language when the other team scores.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:35 AM
  #477
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Dear Mike Richards or whom it may concern,

You are not Peter Forsberg. You will never be Peter Forsberg. So please stop thinking you have the godly talent to make tape to tape passes to your teammates through 3 opposing defenders. Take the EXPLATIVE-ing shot you EXPLATIVE-ing EXPLATIVE. Turnovers will lead to the wrong kind of scoring chances. Especially on a shorthanded rush. Shooting the puck at the goalie gives you a better chance u EXPLATIVE-ing doorknob. Also, may I politely remind you, you are not, and never will be half the player or man Bobby Clarke was. So get your head out of you ass and be Mike Richards. The Mike Richards that played in the Olympics. The one that played good for free. You are being paid. Please act as such.

Love,
Flyers Fans. XOXOXO

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:53 AM
  #478
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Dear Mike Richards or whom it may concern,

You are not Peter Forsberg. You will never be Peter Forsberg. So please stop thinking you have the godly talent to make tape to tape passes to your teammates through 3 opposing defenders. Take the EXPLATIVE-ing shot you EXPLATIVE-ing EXPLATIVE. Turnovers will lead to the wrong kind of scoring chances. Especially on a shorthanded rush. Shooting the puck at the goalie gives you a better chance u EXPLATIVE-ing doorknob. Also, may I politely remind you, you are not, and never will be half the player or man Bobby Clarke was. So get your head out of you ass and be Mike Richards. The Mike Richards that played in the Olympics. The one that played good for free. You are being paid. Please act as such.

Love,
Flyers Fans. XOXOXO



Well put. Hopefully he's sober when he reads it.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:57 AM
  #479
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Well put. Hopefully he's sober when he reads it.
Ive been devfending him, but Id say maybe a week or so after the olympic break its looked like he could careless about anything. Just seems like his head isnt in the game anymore. Hes been making some real questionable decisions on the ice

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:05 AM
  #480
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Ive been devfending him, but Id say maybe a week or so after the olympic break its looked like he could careless about anything. Just seems like his head isnt in the game anymore. Hes been making some real questionable decisions on the ice





He's always been patient to a fault with the puck. In fairness to him, he's made some spectacular passes because of his patience. I'm still a fan but I'm coming down to Earth. Those Bob Clarke comparison's were not fair to him. Handing the captaincy over to him at that age may not have been the best move either. The media has had a field day with him and IMO that can never be positive for a young guy in the NHL or any major sport for that matter.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:12 AM
  #481
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
[/B]



He's always been patient to a fault with the puck. In fairness to him, he's made some spectacular passes because of his patience. I'm still a fan but I'm coming down to Earth. Those Bob Clarke comparison's were not fair to him. Handing the captaincy over to him at that age may not have been the best move either. The media has had a field day with him and IMO that can never be positive for a young guy in the NHL or any major sport for that matter.
Im starting to think that Management and the media have ruined the guy. He was compared to an icon before stepping on to the ice. And is still compared to Clarke. Then is handed a HUGE contract before he proves anything remotely close to being worthy of it, and the C. But Richie thinks too much for my liking. Sometimes just shooting the puck makes more sences, especially when ur shorthanded. Giroux is the same way. Stop trying to make chicken soup with chicken **** and shoot!

Dont get me wrong i love the guy but its time to hold him accountable for some stuff he is and isnt doing.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 12:08 PM
  #482
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,021
vCash: 50
everyone needs to be accountable and I am not just talking about from the coach. The players have to take it upon themselves to be accountable for their play. The time for the same old same old post game quotes about accountability is over. ENOUGH.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 12:29 PM
  #483
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Ive been devfending him, but Id say maybe a week or so after the olympic break its looked like he could careless about anything. Just seems like his head isnt in the game anymore. Hes been making some real questionable decisions on the ice
It's been an issue all year, particularly when Gagne has been on his line. He's been trying to make too many pretty plays and force passes where they shouldn't go. His game has always had this element to it, but this year he's taken it way too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
[/B]



He's always been patient to a fault with the puck. In fairness to him, he's made some spectacular passes because of his patience. I'm still a fan but I'm coming down to Earth. Those Bob Clarke comparison's were not fair to him. Handing the captaincy over to him at that age may not have been the best move either. The media has had a field day with him and IMO that can never be positive for a young guy in the NHL or any major sport for that matter.
I'm not sure if you can avoid the player comparisons (for any player), but it became apparent very early on that he wasn't a huge fan of dealing with the media...which the organization should have taken into greater consideration with the whole captaincy thing. I would have been a fan of Timonen, Kapanen, and Knuble in recent years for the role of captain, as I think all of 'em are stand up guys that are (or were) completely comfortable talking to the media. This year you have Pronger, and I do think he needs to learn to tone it down a bit. I have no problem with him talking to the media, but he needs to be a bit wiser in how he talks about the team.

I continue to view Richards as an exceptional leader on the ice, but I do think the organization needs to take a step back on the PR front and figure out how to avoid some of the BS that has swirled around the team. Frankly, I think they need to do a better job of backing up Richards...as the stories that pissed him off were completely reasonable stories to get pissed about, IMO. If the reporters want to talk about hockey, fine. But these stories about the drinking and whatnot read like 50 y/o dudes that have never made great money in their live being cranky about rich, young guys having a good time...until one of these guys really does something wrong--and, no, having your picture taken in a bar and posted on the internet isn't something wrong--I don't want to hear about it.

EDIT: Of course a major source of the problem is that Holmgren turned all that into a story last summer...in one of the great pot/kettle moments I've witnessed.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 12:33 PM
  #484
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,021
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort Sampson View Post
I don't mean value as in how they're going to develop, I mean current trade value.

They both have low trade value at this point, not because of the type of player they will become, but because of the type of player they are and how much they get paid.

Right now, they make nothing, so it's not like you're going to get a huge return for either of them. That's why, like you said, if the Flyers put them on the market they'd have their hands full with offers. But to the Flyers, holding onto the low-paid young players is worth it because they barely make anything, and they're going to get better. Hence, at the current time, JvR and Giroux have little to no trade value for the Flyers: they're worth more to the Flyers than they would be in a trade, because their low salaries prevent the Flyers from making a 1:1 trade.

.
So who do you think has a higher trade value? JVR and Giroux or Hartnell and Briere.
You are in the vast minority if you think players like Giroux and JVR dont have little if any trade value.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 12:47 PM
  #485
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
It's been an issue all year, particularly when Gagne has been on his line. He's been trying to make too many pretty plays and force passes where they shouldn't go. His game has always had this element to it, but this year he's taken it way too far.
Richards is a playmaker, always been a "pass first" player. But he never had that ability to thread a needle like Forsberg, or even to a lesser extent, Giroux. He can read plays, I just think hes trying to hard to make the play because of the pressure on him. Just wish he'd relax and be Mike Richards. Not somebody everyone else wants him to be. Because when Mike Richards shows up and plays he can control games. Like in the olympics. I want that player. I dont want him to be Forsberg, or Clarke, or whoever else.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 01:21 PM
  #486
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,150
vCash: 500
I don't think that this game was as bad as the score would lead someone to believe. Biron played well and there were a ton of fluky/lucky goals from both sides. I thought we played well from the second period on. Granted, I didn't see the first period.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 01:51 PM
  #487
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I don't think that this game was as bad as the score would lead someone to believe. Biron played well and there were a ton of fluky/lucky goals from both sides. I thought we played well from the second period on. Granted, I didn't see the first period.
I think the bad bounces killed 'em at the outset and they didn't get their **** together until midway through the 2nd.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.