HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Southern Hospitality; Chatty, chat, chat

Old
04-02-2010, 09:42 AM
kakemono

vCash: 500
Name is Kip. Graduated from Tennessee Tech in Dec 04 with a degree in Computer Engineering. I work for a system integrator programming machines in factories across the country. Watch an episode of How Its Made and you get an idea of my life.

Became a hockey fan when my dad told me about a new defensemen the Preds got who was supposed to be really really good - Zidlicky. Started coming to games occasionally. The second half of the 2006/2007 season with Forsberg, Kariya, and Radulov sold me. I ended up buying a ticket to almost every game the 2nd half of the year and decided the next year it would be cheaper to just buy the season ticket.

I have had season tickets in 303 for the past two years. A demanding travel schedule (147 nights in a hotel in the past year and 57 flights flown) with work has limited me to only about half the games this season. I like non-work-travel, snowboarding, and backpacking. Recently bought a 2009 WRX which is my joy car right now...

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:49 AM
kakemono

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
Let's just say I'm older then anyone so far. As a kid I went to Minnesota North Star games and watched players like Gump Worsley and Bill Goldsworthy. My name is Jay and I play adult league games at A-Game. I've coached hockey and have been a fan for well over 40 years. I am the Principle Software Architect at PureSafety which is an online occupational health and safety training company.
I haaaaaaaaaaaaate PureSafety!!!

We have to do it for work. Actually, I don't hate it... I just hate doing it. Our folks always end up assigning us stuff that is repetitive and unrelated.

That said, can you hook me up with all the answers? I notice you... and based on your description, yes probably YOU made it so I can't save the answers to a test in a text file anymore for when I have to take the same test in a year...

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:59 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Glad to see all these new people posting. You guys should post around our boards more! I'll go ahead and do that little survey thing...

Name: Raven
Nationality: Scottish (hence the flag) and Irish
Height: 5'4"
Weight: A lady never tells
Hair color: Red
Eye color: Brown
Colleges attending/attended/will attend: Junior at Belmont Univeristy
Favorite band: AFI and Garbage
Favorite song: Currently it's "Monster" by Skillet because it reminds me of Preds games
Hockey jerseys owned: Just 1 Preds one, Pekka Rinne
How did you become a Preds fan?: Been a casual fan for years and years... went to my first game probably in '98 or '99 with my mom, then went occasionally over the years. Didn't become a hardcore fan until 2007 when my Dutch friend was in town and she was so interested in it that I became extremely interested
Video games played: Rockband, Guitar Hero, NHL 2010, and Project Gotham Racing
Consoles owned: xbox 360
Twitter: www.twitter.com/goalies_are_hot

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:25 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I am the Bigfatcat999. I am chaos to SLake's order. I am the yin to the yang. SLake likes order and peace and I just want to watch world burn.

My hobbies include trying new and inventive ways to frustrate myself and waste time. Being my own worst enemy and sleeping.

Ok real deal:

Name: Ray

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 04-02-2010 at 11:00 AM.
BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I am the Bigfatcat999. I am chaos to SLake's order. I am the yin to the yang. SLake likes order and peace and I just want to watch world burn.

My hobbies include trying new and inventive ways to frustrate myself and waste time. Being my own worst enemy and sleeping.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:40 AM
PredsChik

Name: Kelly
Nationality: American
Height: 5'6" ish
Weight: None of your business.
Hair color: Blondish brown. Depends on the light
Eye color: Blue
Colleges attending/attended/will attend: Went to MTSU for 5 years
Favorite band: Love Tim McGraw but Dierks Bentley is my boy... I like country.
Favorite song: "Everywhere" Tim McGraw
Hockey jerseys owned: Blank new 3rd, Blue Suter old style, Alternate 2010 USA Suter
How did you become a Preds fan?: Dad took me to a game after a crappy day at work. Toots fought. Preds won. The rest is history.
Video games played: I don't play much anymore. I can hold my own on Guitar Hero and like to play Wii Sport but I'm not very good at it.
Consoles owned: I personally don't have any. I guess I have access to Wii, PS2, and NES and there's a PS3 and XBox 360 in the house.
Twitter: I have a locked account but it's @kelly_mechelle, I'll approve if you request.

Last edited by PredsChik: 04-02-2010 at 02:23 PM.
PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Pattypred

I know that I'm going to regret this but .....

Name: Patty
Nationality: Irish heritage
Height: 5'6"
Weight: nunya
Hair color: Brown and graying
Colleges attending/attended/will attend: several in Maryland and California
Favorite band: Rascal Flatts
Favorite song: How Great Thou Art
Hockey jerseys owned: Off-the back Erat from 2005, Fitzgerald and many jerseys with no names on the back except for my mustard 3rd with PattyPred
How did you become a Preds fan?: First NHL game ever saw was Preds vs Stars - Preds won. Love the action, had no clue what was going on but learned. I've always loved sports but hockey is my passion.
Video games played: None
Consoles owned: None
Twitter: Yes

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:58 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck85 View Post
This could be the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards.
What??? I've not been thrown out of a game this season.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:16 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

I'm antisocial .... that's all any of you need to know.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:17 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
And well armed.....Don't forget the well armed part.

Old
04-02-2010, 12:11 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Holy merger! Eh, I will do the survey too.

Name: Chris
Nationality: American, but my grandmother keeps telling me im Irish
Height: 5 10
Weight: 220
Hair color: brown
Eye color: hazel
Colleges attending/attended/will attend: Vol State a long time ago
Favorite band: All that Remains, Killswitch Enage, but cant go wrong with Metallica
Favorite song: Too many
Hockey jerseys owned: mustard, old home, old away, 2 practice
How did you become a Preds fan?: went to a game in 98
Video games played: I've been playing since I was 5 you do the math. Recently: NHL 10, Darksiders, Bioshock, GOW collection, GTA 4
Consoles owned: PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP
Twitter: ffwrx But I never get on there.
PSN id is FFWRX. I will accept anyone here.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Antisocial - maybe
Lovable - absolutely

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 01:11 PM
thejlb*

Yeah I just wanted to to do this.

Name: Josh
Height: 6'1"
Weight:230
Hair color: brown
Eye color:brown
Colleges attending/attended/will attend: Not for me
Favorite band: Static X
Favorite song: terrefied
Hockey jerseys owned: 4 A milwaukee Admirals 3rd jersey preds home jerseyfrom 2004 and the new third jersey with Weber on the back.
How did you become a Preds fan?: It was easy for me being in a house with flyers fans, but Nashville got a team so my allegiance shifted
Video games played: NHL 10 on 360 god of war 3 call of duty. Still play Halo 3 occasionally
Consoles owned:360 GAMERTAG thejlb add me if you play any of the above. PS3 the jlb don't really play it but add me if you want. Wii don't really play it and don't even know how to add friends.
Twitter:thejlb

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I have been authorized by my superior officers to provide the following information so as to further my spy mission.

Name: Jo
Height: Not gonna say.
Weight: Whatever it is, it's way way way way way way way way too high.
How did you become a Preds fan?: I'm not, really, but I respect the Implacable Foe and their fans - and I've known BFC for something like a decade (how in the Hell did you guys get the idea that he'd make a good mod, again? ) - so I stick around. That's my cover story and I'm sticking to it.
For the record, I became a Jackets fan thanks to George Matthews - he's our radio PBP guy, and he can make watching paint dry sound like overtime in the Stanley Cup finals. Never been hooked on anything so quickly in my life.
Games, consoles, etc.: I once had a super nintendo. It had zelda.
Twitter: It will destroy the world. Mark my words.
Additional Warning: I happen to be a Furry Trannie Freak, which around here mostly means that I have opportunities to horribly embarrass BFC anytime we're in the same municipality.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Glad to see all these new people posting. You guys should post around our boards more! I'll go ahead and do that little survey thing...

Height: 6'
Hair color: Brown
Colleges attending/attended/will attend: Junior Miami Ohio
Favorite band: Metallica
Favorite song: Right now... hmmm... anything by RHCP
Hockey jerseys owned: Ryan Jones, Preds old 3rd, Preds 2000 jersey, Colorado Avalanche
How did you become a Preds fan?: 2003-2004. Was an Avs fan for many years (since 96) but became a Preds fan after the Avs won their 2nd Cup.
Video games played:NHL 2010 MAG Call of Duty
Consoles owned: xbox 360
I don't have a twitter, but I have my own Predator's web space page (kinda like Felders) on prosportsblogging.com

Something interesting about me. I've only played ice hockey for a season (played street for a LONG time). In my 7 actually games, I tallied 1G and two assists. I eventually was moved to defense because every time I played forward we got scored on

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 06:43 PM
AlabamaGirl71

Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaGirl71
Name: Lori
Height: 5'4"
Weight: yeah right
Hair color: dark blonde-brown with highlights
Eye color: hazel
Colleges attending/attended/will attend: Wallace College, Dothan, AL
Favorite band: Theory of a Deadman, Nickelback
Favorite song: right now it is Rockstar by Nickelback
Hockey jerseys owned: I have 3 - a CCM Preds home jersey, the new Reebok Preds home jersey, and the Reebok Preds road jersey with Weber on the back and autographed (my hubby bid & won this one for me at the silent auction table)
How did you become a Preds fan?: I won a pair of tickets at work, first game ever was Preds vs. Blues, Dec. 26, 2006 - fantastic game, lots of energy, a couple of fights, a shootout - we were hooked after that! Oh, and the Preds won!
Video games played: Last one I played was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, but I don't regularly play them, my hubby's the gamer in the family.
Consoles owned: Xbox 360 & Wii
Twitter: yes, same as this screen name

AlabamaGirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 07:21 PM
PredChef

I have been a chef for most of my adult life and used to be the chef for Levy at the arena. I was there from 04 until the end of last season. Opened my own upscale gourmet catering business after that and have the good fortune to be the caterer/chef for a few of our players and wives.

I am recently married and have a 12 year old daughter. We all love coming to the games and I personally have been a season ticket holder for the last 4 years. Before that I had the good fortune of getting to come to pretty much any game I wanted with free tickets from the Wildhorse where I was the chef.

I grew up North of Seattle, WA and was a Canuck fan for most of my younger years but threw then away when we got the Predators. Never was a big fan of their fans anyway.

Never played hockey but have been following the game religiously since 1978.

My tickets are in section 316 row A. I don't plan to ever give those up unless I get stupid rich and can afford Vince's.

Height: 5'11
Weight: 30# too much
Hair color: Black with silver
Favorite band: Rush, Chris Cornell, Alice in Chains, Queen
Favorite song: Camera Eye, Jesus Christ Pose, Love Hate Love, Love of my life
Hockey jerseys owned: Hartnell Mustard, Team Autographed White and New 3rd
How did you become a Preds fan?: Have been a fan since day one. I used to go to all the Nashville Knights games and get way to roudy.
Video games played: FIFA 2010
Consoles owned: WII, Playstation 2, Gamecube
Twitter: thechefandi

PredChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 07:58 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Something interesting about me. I've only played ice hockey for a season (played street for a LONG time). In my 7 actually games, I tallied 1G and two assists. I eventually was moved to defense because every time I played forward we got scored on
Do you play at A Game or Centennial?

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 10:10 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredChef View Post
I have been a chef for most of my adult life and used to be the chef for Levy at the arena. I was there from 04 until the end of last season. Opened my own upscale gourmet catering business after that and have the good fortune to be the caterer/chef for a few of our players and wives.
That reminds me Chef, with the board change over I lost your fried chicken recipe. Can you PM me that? Seriously, that was the best thing on Earth.

(Yes, I am blanket statementing it with the BTS cake their Adzy. My Coca-Cola Cake is so good I nearly killed my Godfather with it and people asked me to make seconds right there in front of his face. )

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 04-03-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old
04-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
That reminds me Chef, with the board change over I lost your fried chicken recipe. Can you PM me that? Seriously, that was the best thing on Earth.

(Yes, I am blanket statementing it with the BTS cake their Adzy. My Coca-Cola Cake is so good I nearly killed my Godfather with it and people asked me to make seconds right there in front of his face. )
I still can't remember which cake is the "metric f***ton" and which is the "imperial s***load".

Still need to work on adding desserts to my repertoire; I can't seem to get good chocolate/butterscotch/oatmeal cookies without my grandmother present. I've been largely coasting on that one brisket recipe for years...

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 11:27 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I still can't remember which cake is the "metric f***ton" and which is the "imperial s***load".

Still need to work on adding desserts to my repertoire; I can't seem to get good chocolate/butterscotch/oatmeal cookies without my grandmother present. I've been largely coasting on that one brisket recipe for years...
The Metric ****ton, has been renamed the "Mike's Cake" for obvious reasons and is the kiler cake. The Imperial ******** is the white cake with Sun Drop as the liquid.

Old
04-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Biggun35
Bender

Name is Chris, 48 years old, married with one son, native Nashvillian, have been to see every Nashville hockey team play from the Dixie Flyers to the Predators and is a Day 1 Predators season ticket holder. Played in the NYHL back in the 70's when we played at Municipal Auditorium, try to play at the Plex in Lower C between injuries, and enjoy watching my son play hockey for Father Ryan.

Biggun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Milly79

Name: Matt
Height: 5'9''
Weight: 140
Hair color: Dark Brown
Eye color: Hazel
Colleges attending/attended/will attend: Attended Columbia State for 2 years, got a job, haven't been back. I plan on going to possibly MTSU this fall.
Favorite band: Probably Metallica
Favorite song: Another Kind Of Green by John Mayer
Hockey jerseys owned:
  1. Jarome Ignila/Calgary - Auto'd
  2. Peter Forsberg/Avs old 3rd - Auto'd
  3. Michigan
  4. Peter Forsberg/Preds old 3rd
  5. Predators old home - Auto'd
  6. Colin Wilson/Current 3rd
  7. Minnesota North Stars
  8. Penguins Baby Blue
  9. Mario Lemieux/Pens old home - Auto'd
  10. CCCP
  11. Alexander Ovechkin/Caps home
  12. Brad May/Nucks - Auto'd
How did you become a Preds fan?: Back in 02-03 I believe. It was St. Patty's day and they played the Avalanche. I kept telling my dad I was going to hate going to the game, that it was stupid, and I didn't want to go. I immediately fell in love with it. At first I was an Avs fan, but I quickly converted when we got season tickets.
Video games played: Battlefield Bad Company 2, NHL 2k10, NHL 10, Final Fantasy XIII
Consoles owned: Xbox360
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Milly79

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:12 PM
PhoneGuy

Name: Mike
Height: 5'11''
Weight: Heavyweight division
Hair color: Hair? What's hair?
Eye color: Brown
Colleges attending/attended/will attend: THE Tennessee Tech University
Favorite band: too many to name
Favorite song: Tie between "Won't Get Fooled Again" by the Who or "Over the Hills and Far Away" by Zep

Hockey jerseys owned: 6, All Preds - old home and away and the mustard, new home and away, and got the new third for Christmas.

How did you become a Preds fan?: I always said that if I was going to support a local professional team it would be the Preds, because they're truly Nashville's team, and not a transplant from another city (like Houston). The wife and I attended a game, and we were hooked. We bought FST's the year Leipold sold the team, and are now partial FST holders. We're not just Preds fans either, but hockey fans in general now.

Video games played: none
Consoles owned: none
Twitter: nada

A little more about me: I'm a tier III technical support manager for AT&T (hence the moniker). I support our field work groups with installing/maintaining what we call "special service" voice and data circuits. My hobbies include yardwork/gardening, working on my ancient BMW, driving my ancient BMW, and I'm now getting into computer animated lighting for Christmas (the DW and I love to decorate for Halloween and Christmas). No kids - just a Schnauzer and a sun conure (bird).

Last edited by PhoneGuy: 04-07-2010 at 10:42 AM.
PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
Do you play at A Game or Centennial?
Neither, I play at college

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote