HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PHANTOMS and 2010 Flyers Prospect Discussion Thread - Bring on the Future

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2010, 06:44 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Im bored so Im listening to the game as Im watching the Flyers. Gustaffson having a good game, almost getting a goal on his first shift, and saving a 3 on 2.

Harper on his second shift injured a player on the other team with his first hit lol.

Old
04-02-2010, 06:57 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Gustaffson just dangled someone and almost scored lol

He plays defense...right? lol

Old
04-02-2010, 08:20 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Gustaffson just dangled someone and almost scored lol

He plays defense...right? lol
On that note, Gustaffson with 2 assists in a so far 2-2 game. He is a -1, but not really his fault. Easy shot that Teslak couldnt save.

Old
04-02-2010, 10:10 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Flyers are now showing serious interest in Cornell goalie Ben Scrivens.

Old
04-02-2010, 10:44 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Flyers are now showing serious interest in Cornell goalie Ben Scrivens.
When the Flyers are done with all the signings, are you going to do a writeup or a re-do of your rankings?

Old
04-02-2010, 10:45 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Brandon beat Saskatoon 6-5 tonight, DeSerres let in 5 goals but got the win. Morrison didn't play.

Windsor took out Plymouth 5-1 yesterday, Wellwood had no points.

Barrie defeated Brampton 5-3 yesterday, Pither had an assist.

Moncton beat Rouyn-Noranda led by Riopel's 30 saves, letting in only 1 goal, giving them a 6-1 win and the 1-0 series lead.

Old
04-02-2010, 10:46 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
When the Flyers are done with all the signings, are you going to do a writeup or a re-do of your rankings?
Hockey's Future has a set schedule that I have to adhere to.

Post draft I will be re-doing the rankings of course.

Before that, I'll be toying with some stuff on Phinally Philly about our prospect pool. I'll keep that updated here.

EDIT: I am just finishing up my European Update for submission. That'll probably be up within a couple days.

If you want quick news, I update my twitter "shafer22" based on information I get, and stuff I get from my buddies at CSN, stuff from "euroflyers", and stuff from "PSPhantoms". I'm not sure about giving out the twitter accounts to my friends at CSN because they might want to keep that stuff private, but "euroflyers" and "PSPhantoms" are great sources of info. "Tpanotch" and "CSNFlyer" are good if you want the basic CSN info. I also recommend "AnthonySan37" for SanFilippo if you want to read blogs/articles. He's my favorite beat writer.

Last edited by CS: 04-03-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old
04-02-2010, 10:48 PM
mm6492

Quote:

Before that, I'll be toying with some stuff on Phinally Philly about our prospect pool. I'll keep that updated here.

EDIT: I am just finishing up my European Update for submission. That'll probably be up within a couple days.
Coolio. Just interested in how these guys will compare to what we have.

Old
04-02-2010, 11:04 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
Coolio. Just interested in how these guys will compare to what we have.
Well I am keeping track of our assets/scouting on a document:

Quote:
NHL
WINGER

Simon Gagne (5.25) - Danny Briere (6.50)
James vanRiemsdyk (1.65) - Ville Leino (0.80)
Scott Hartnell (4.20) - Ian Laperriere (1.16)
Riley Cote (0.55)
CENTER
Mike Richards (5.75) - Jeff Carter (5.00)
Claude Giroux (0.82) - Blair Betts (0.70)
DEFENSE
Kimmo Timonen (6.33) - Chris Pronger (4.92)
Matt Carle (3.44) - Oskars Bartulis (0.60)
GOALIE
Brian Boucher (0.93)

-------------------------------------

AHL
WINGER

Stefan Legein (0.82) - Patrick Maroon (0.53)
Andreas Nodl (0.82) - Michael Testwuide (0.64)
Ben Holmstrom (0.60) - Eric Wellwood (0.60)
Zac Rinaldo (0.55) - Garrett Klotz (0.80)
CENTER
Jon Kalinski (0.88) - Luke Pither (0.60)
DEFENSE
Marc-Andre Bourdon (0.88) - Kevin Marshall (0.85)
Joonas Lehtivuori (0.85) - Tyler Hostetter (0.55)
Erik Gustafsson (0.90)
GOALIE
Brian Stewart (0.60)

FA
WINGER

Dan Carcillo (RFA) - Darroll Powe (RFA)
David Laliberte (RFA) - Matt Clackson (RFA)
Rob Bellamy (RFA) - Josh Beaulieu (RFA)
Krys Kolanos (UFA) - Mika Pyorala (UFA)
Jason Ward (UFA)
CENTER
Jonathan Matsumoto (RFA) - Ryan Dingle (RFA)
Jared Ross (UFA)
DEFENSE
Braydon Coburn (RFA) - Ryan Parent (RFA)
Danny Syvret (RFA) - Lukas Krajicek (UFA)
Mike Rathje (UFA) - Sean Curry (UFA)
GOALIE
Michael Teslak (RFA) - Jeremy Duchesne (RFA)
Ray Emery (UFA) - Michael Leighton (UFA)
Johan Backlund (UFA) - Sebastien Caron (UFA)

ASSETS
WINGER

Andrei Popov (KHL) - Chris Clackson (AHL)
Mario Valery-Trabucco (AHL)
CENTER
Dave Labrecque (QMJHL)
DEFENSE
Denis Bodrov (AHL) - Simon Bertilsson (SEL)
Logan Stephenson (AHL) - Oliver Lauridsen (NCAA)
GOALIE
Joacim Eriksson (SEL) - Jakub Kovar (CZE)
Adam Morrison (WHL) - Jacob de Serres (WHL)
Nicola Riopel (QMJHL) - Brad Phillips (NCAA)

SCOUTING
WINGER
Evgeny Bodrov (KHL) - Mario Kempe (SEL)
CENTER
N/A
DEFENSE
N/A
GOALIE
Jussi Rynnas (FNL) - Sergei Bobrovsky (KHL)
Ben Scrivens (NCAA) - Gustaf Wesslau (SEL)

Last edited by CS: 04-05-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old
04-02-2010, 11:10 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Harper and Gustafsson both joining the Phantoms. Harper #7, Gustafsson #36.

On a side note, I'm starting to wonder how we're going to handle Labrecque.
I think they'll make room for Labrecque. Honestly, I've watched a lot of Shawinigan games on the Internet this year and while he's not quite as strong as he needs to be, he's going to be a very good third line centerman. The guy definitely plays a strong two way game and has decent hands. Once he puts on more weight and learns how to use his weight in the face off circle, he'll be a demon on face offs. That's the one thing that I noticed about Labrecque this year is that he lost a lot of face offs not because of skill, but because he was so easy to push off the puck once the puck was dropped. Once he puts on weight and learns to turn in towards the opposing centerman, he'll win a ton of face offs.

Old
04-02-2010, 11:30 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Chris, gotta take out Carter Hutton =(

Oh and according to PSPhantoms, Gustaffson played ATON of time. I am starting to really like this signing. From what I heard from people who watched the game, he makes top notch passes, and playes sound positionally. Only slight problem with him is his 1 on 1's. He is slightly small, so he cant take the body much. He does the common thing small guys do though, pickpocket etc etc.

Old
04-02-2010, 11:35 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Chris, gotta take out Carter Hutton =(
Done. Took him out and added Brian Stewart. That was a pretty depressing moment for me just now.

Quote:
Oh and according to PSPhantoms, Gustaffson played ATON of time. I am starting to really like this signing. From what I heard from people who watched the game, he makes top notch passes, and playes sound positionally. Only slight problem with him is his 1 on 1's. He is slightly small, so he cant take the body much. He does the common thing small guys do though, pickpocket etc etc.
Yeah, Gustafsson played a great game I heard. I was too locked in on the Flyers possibly scoring a goal so I didn't get a chance to catch the Phantoms game. He's definitely got some offensive potential. Let's see where it takes him. Hope he's not like Ratchuk: dynamic offensively, an invalid defensively.

Old
04-02-2010, 11:44 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Done. Took him out and added Brian Stewart. That was a pretty depressing moment for me just now.

Yeah, Gustafsson played a great game I heard. I was too locked in on the Flyers possibly scoring a goal so I didn't get a chance to catch the Phantoms game. He's definitely got some offensive potential. Let's see where it takes him. Hope he's not like Ratchuk: dynamic offensively, an invalid defensively.
Jonas does a pretty good job defensivly, so hopefully he can play like that. I did hear that the only reason they scored when he was out there was cause Teslak **** up.

Oh and quick video on Scrivins

Old
04-02-2010, 11:55 PM
goalby66

Send a message via ICQ to goalby66
Was at the Phantoms game tonight, another bad loss. Out of the playoffs, but we should have blown out Syracuse. Shots were 46-21. 18-1 after the first period. Syracuse didn't get their first shot until 19:30.

Phantoms gave up another early period goal beginning of the third which hurts. Adirondack had a 5 on 3 PP with 5 minutes left in the game, only to give up the go ahead goal seconds after it expired. The top unit of Matsumoto-Maroon-Laliberte stayed out for basically 1:30 of the two man advantage and were dogging it at the end. Newkirk mentioned on the radio that Gilbert wanted a change. Gee, you think?

Gustaffson looked good offensively, but he got beat one on one which lead to the first Crunch goal. Overall, not bad for his first pro game.

Harper was decent. Threw the body around quite a bit and showed some good speed.

Matsumoto and Maroon with 1G, 1A each. Gustaffson with two assists. Both goals on the power play.

Old
04-02-2010, 11:57 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalby66 View Post
Was at the Phantoms game tonight, another bad loss. Out of the playoffs, but we should have blown out Syracuse. Shots were 46-21. 18-1 after the first period. Syracuse didn't get their first shot until 19:30.

Phantoms gave up another early period goal beginning of the third which hurts. Adirondack had a 5 on 3 PP with 5 minutes left in the game, only to give up the go ahead goal seconds after it expired. The top unit of Matsumoto-Maroon-Laliberte stayed out for basically 1:30 of the two man advantage and were dogging it at the end. Newkirk mentioned on the radio that Gilbert wanted a change. Gee, you think?

Gustaffson looked good offensively, but he got beat one on one which lead to the first Crunch goal. Overall, not bad for his first pro game.

Harper was decent. Threw the body around quite a bit and showed some good speed.

Matsumoto and Maroon with 1G, 1A each. Gustaffson with two assists. Both goals on the power play.
Ahh did he? Announcer said it was not that hard of the shot. Didnt hear who he beat though. Other then that, how was his defense? It might have been hard for me to hear whats going on, when the announcer keeps talking about Gustaffson and how good he is (even if I like the announcer).

What was your taking on his play?

Old
04-03-2010, 08:51 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

From euroflyers:

Metallurg Novokuznetsk still trying to re-sign Sergei Bobrovsky, but he has turned down their proposal. Hasn't signed with anyone yet.

Playing in the NHL is the priority for Bobrovsky. Flyers are his 1st option.

Metallurg Novokuznetsk have already started looking for a new goalie for next season.

Old
04-03-2010, 10:13 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
From euroflyers:

Metallurg Novokuznetsk still trying to re-sign Sergei Bobrovsky, but he has turned down their proposal. Hasn't signed with anyone yet.

Playing in the NHL is the priority for Bobrovsky. Flyers are his 1st option.

Metallurg Novokuznetsk have already started looking for a new goalie for next season.
Yep all kinds of great news.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:01 AM
mm6492

Quote:
Jonas does a pretty good job defensivly, so hopefully he can play like that. I did hear that the only reason they scored when he was out there was cause Teslak **** up.

Oh and quick video on Scrivins

That was pretty damm funny

Old
04-03-2010, 12:48 PM
goalby66

Send a message via ICQ to goalby66
Quote:
Ahh did he? Announcer said it was not that hard of the shot. Didnt hear who he beat though. Other then that, how was his defense? It might have been hard for me to hear whats going on, when the announcer keeps talking about Gustaffson and how good he is (even if I like the announcer).

What was your taking on his play?
Was playing man on man on the forward for the Crunch who scored. Guy was skating with the puck from one circle to the other and fired off a backhander that went in. Granted, Teslak should have stopped the shot, but Gustaffson never made an attemp to either knock the puck away or force the forward off the puck. Basically like guarding someone in basketball without getting your hands up to make it harder.

Think he was on the ice for the goal after the 5 on 3 PP too. If I remember correctly, he was paired with Curry

Still, it was his first game. I can away impressed and think he will be a definite bright spot next year. Phantoms scored 2 power play goals in one game, which is noteable considering how bad the man advantage has been this year. Gives me hope that we can get rid of our "veterans" on defense. If I have to endure another year of Curry playing awful defense and passing the puck in front of his own net 3 times a game, I'm not sure how many games I'll actually attend.

Old
04-03-2010, 12:53 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalby66 View Post
Was playing man on man on the forward for the Crunch who scored. Guy was skating with the puck from one circle to the other and fired off a backhander that went in. Granted, Teslak should have stopped the shot, but Gustaffson never made an attemp to either knock the puck away or force the forward off the puck. Basically like guarding someone in basketball without getting your hands up to make it harder.

Think he was on the ice for the goal after the 5 on 3 PP too. If I remember correctly, he was paired with Curry

Still, it was his first game. I can away impressed and think he will be a definite bright spot next year. Phantoms scored 2 power play goals in one game, which is noteable considering how bad the man advantage has been this year. Gives me hope that we can get rid of our "veterans" on defense. If I have to endure another year of Curry playing awful defense and passing the puck in front of his own net 3 times a game, I'm not sure how many games I'll actually attend.
I was listening during that part. The Lehtivouri-Mormina pairing was out there, cause they went the whole 2:00 mins on the 5 on 3. Gustaffson was only a -1 for when they scored the first goal.

I am interested though. I do hope they get rid of those older guys. I heard actually good things about Stephenson. Even though I dont think he is in our plans, having a guy that can play solid defense is good for puckmoving d-men.

Oh and thanks for the info

Old
04-03-2010, 07:39 PM
A Clerk
Schennergy

What do the lines look like now that Harper and Gustafsson joined?

Old
04-03-2010, 07:55 PM
teddygmr

Quote:

Cool, I'm anxious to hear the latest on Andrei Popov...is it true that he will sign a contract with the Flyers?

Old
04-03-2010, 08:30 PM
freakydallas13

We are reportedly 1st on the list for both Bobrovsky and Skrivens (sp?). Im assuming getting one would mean the other looks else where, so who would you guys rather sign?

Old
04-03-2010, 08:31 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakydallas13 View Post
We are reportedly 1st on the list for both Bobrovsky and Skrivens (sp?). Im assuming getting one would mean the other looks else where, so who would you guys rather sign?
Bobrovsky is more talented, but Scrivens has a better chance of gelling with our team.

It's a tough toss-up. I don't know.

Old
04-03-2010, 09:02 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Gustaffson with a goal and an assist in his second game.

Closed Thread