Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toxostoma Rufum @ Aptenodytes Forsten

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Ashe

vCash: 500
Meh, we have a point to show. Some luck from the Leafs/Panthers tonight helps keep things going for us. Got the lead, they scored, got it back, they scored.

A bunch of missed / borderline calls for us. Which really changed how the game went.

ATL : NJD PITTS WASH
BOSTON : LEAFS CAPS SABRES CANES CAPS
PHILLI : WINGS LEAFS RANGERS RANGERS
NYR : PANTHERS SABRES LEAFS PHILLI PHILLI

Boston : 82
Philli : 82
ATL : 81
NYR : 80

1 point out guys. Still have some hope for the playoffs

Old
04-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Zsswimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgir View Post
Blaming the refs, lmao. The refs helped the Thrashers today more then anything...
Yeah, going on the PK for BS helped the Thrashers!

Old
04-03-2010, 03:53 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
What about the boarding on Feds? The two missed Hedberg calls illegally playing the puck? The slash on Crosby? Yea....

Boarding? LOL

Old
04-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatschoonerrat View Post
Refs or not, we had every opportunity to win this game. Oh, to be a Thrashers fan.
They had this game locked down.

Yeah, the refs were not helping, but a penalty in the offensive zone, with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd, in a 1 goal game. What was Slater trying to do????? Right before that penalty, I was going to say that the Thrashers were doing a great job reading lanes, breaking up passes in the defensive zone to keep things under control........was even impressed with Chelios in the 3rd for trying to hold the pinch on the side to stop a rush going the other way.

The Gonchar goal was soft (yeah a hard shot, but it didn't look like there was a major screen, and there was no deflections so Moose probably should have 'seen' it. Forget about the Leopold one, that's just .

Old
04-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

i am starting to lose count of how many crappy goals we have given up in OT this year

Old
04-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
Meh, we have a point to show. Some luck from the Leafs/Panthers tonight helps keep things going for us. Got the lead, they scored, got it back, they scored.

A bunch of missed / borderline calls for us. Which really changed how the game went.

Falconer figured out that if the team dropped 6 points in the last 5 games then they would be officially mathematically eliminated. They have dropped 3 so far and have 3 games left. He also figured that 6-7 points at minimum would be needed to get in. They still have a chance, but it means closing out the season with 3 straight wins.

Old
04-03-2010, 03:55 PM
FrenchKheldar

Quote:

Boston and the Rangers will make it. Rangers could easily get 87 points... I don't see Philly earning more than 1 point

Old
04-03-2010, 03:56 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
Bull. Moose ended up on his back or outside of the crease trying to make saves how many times? He gave up how many soft goals today?

Yes the refs had a part in the Pens getting the win, but if they gift wrapped the game, Moose tied the bow on it for the Pens. Guess he felt he needed to give his old team some help.
Our defense blows.

Pavelec would have been pulled in the first.

Old
Ashe

Quote:
What about the boarding on Feds? The two missed Hedberg calls illegally playing the puck? The slash on Crosby? Yea....

SLew Foot from crosby on bogo
Hook on AFI in OT
Trip by crosby on AFI in OT
The SCRUM which had guerin repeatedly punching chelios in the back of the head while he was on the ground in a turtle
The PP goal which was scored from a play where 25 seconds before the puck hit the netting
Malkins Breakaway which he was offside for

You guys got a lot of breaks this game. Regardless of what you may say. Yeah we had 1 off the start with hedberg. The "Slash" Hit stick first.

Old
Borgir

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Boarding? LOL
Not the one behind the net, the one on the side boards. I wanted the Thrashers in the playoffs to replace the Flyers. Now that I see the blaming the ref situation when your goalie lets in two softies at the end of the game, I think meh.

Last edited by btn: 04-03-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Trolling
Old
04-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

slater being a tard is the only reason we went to OT...never should have been their in the first place.

thats twice in 3 games he has gotten penalties in the last couple minutes

Old
04-03-2010, 03:58 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

So, how are the Hawks doing?

Old
NCRanger

Thrasher fans,

I come in peace. I'm a NY Ranger fan, so obviously I had to throw up in my mouth and pull for Pittsburgh this afternoon. I think I speak on behalf of most Ranger fans when I say y'all deserved the two points today and the refs stole one. That call on Jim Slater may of been the worst call I've seen all year, but I've been saying that every time I watch a Penguin game.

As a hockey fan, I want to see a playoff race decided by teams playing, not by refs (and the league) playing favorites. I think today Atlanta hockey fans saw what Ranger fans have been seeing for years; the Pittsburgh Penguins are the team the NHL wants to win.

Sorry guys, good luck down the stretch.

Old
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchKheldar View Post
Boston and the Rangers will make it. Rangers could easily get 87 points... I don't see Philly earning more than 1 point
Rangers have the easiest few games
Philli and boston have it semi tough.

We have it tough.

Depending on what happens today and tomorrow it could be troublesome. We really need a philli loss tomorrow, and a rangers loss tonight. Either one of those win and we are definately in tough.

Old
04-03-2010, 03:59 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Not the one behind the net, the one on the side boards.
I know, that is the one I was LOL about. That was not a board, and you see that kind of hit several times in every hockey game.

Old
04-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Our defense blows.

Pavelec would have been pulled in the first.
Why, his glove has been quicker than Moose's as of late. His positioning better as well. Take a look at the saves Pavs made against the Caps and the ones Moose made today. Pavs reflexes are quicker.

If Moose is in goal the offense has to score 3-4 goals at least to win. With Pavs lately that hasn't been the case.

You can say Pavs wouldn't have held up, but I think the Thrashers would have gotten the win today if he had been in there instead of Moose.

Old
04-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
slater being a tard is the only reason we went to OT...never should have been their in the first place.

thats twice in 3 games he has gotten penalties in the last couple minutes
Thats battling for puck position, he got cut off and was trying to get by while the Pitts defensemen had his hands spread eagle and pushing. Its honestly a borderline call at the discretion of the refs

Old
04-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Borgir

Quote:
I know, that is the one I was LOL about. That was not a board, and you see that kind of hit several times in every hockey game.
Every fan is biased towards calls missed/not missed on their own teams. I want the Thrashers in the playoffs...

Old
04-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Ashe

Quote:
LIke the hit on AFI near the end of the third. After he got rid of the puck, wait..wait.. BOOM.

Old
04-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Thats battling for puck position, he got cut off and was trying to get by while the Pitts defensemen had his hands spread eagle and pushing. Its honestly a borderline call at the discretion of the refs

definitely not a call that should be made at the end of the 3rd period...but there was no reason to make it even a close call.

Old
Shameus

Quote:
I have to agree. Slater made a play that may or may not get called and he ended up getting burned. The refs were looking for something and he got caught.

Old
Zsswimmer

Anderson shouldve ripped the refs a new one about the non calls, but I'm not suprised he didn't.

Old
04-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
Why, his glove has been quicker than Moose's as of late. His positioning better as well. Take a look at the saves Pavs made against the Caps and the ones Moose made today. Pavs reflexes are quicker.

If Moose is in goal the offense has to score 3-4 goals at least to win. With Pavs lately that hasn't been the case.

You can say Pavs wouldn't have held up, but I think the Thrashers would have gotten the win today if he had been in there instead of Moose.
Disagree. PP goal is Defense fault.
Second goal : defense fault
PP goal : Gonchar has a rocket, and moose was partially screened.
OT Goal : Meh. I wouldnt expect a shot to be that accurate without looking at the net and travelling that fast.

Moose saved us a ton. Just we arent very good 4-4. Going this late into the stretch against a team like pittsburger. Also you cant really compare caps/Pittsburgh chances, as the Caps game was one of the best defense games we've had all year. This one was a combo of good and bad. Either way, We'll get get the win next week from them, and break crosbys hand in the process

Old
04-03-2010, 04:06 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

At this point I want the Rangers to make the playoffs if we can't.

If it means the Flyers will miss than I now want to see the Rangers make the playoffs. Maybe they can gain ref help if they make the playoffs. The NHL is starting to turn into the NFL with terrible officiating.

I'd like to know how one gains ref help?

Old
04-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:

what about the slash on bogosian's stick? what about crosby's slew foot on bogosian? there were at least four non-calls on bogosian alone today...are you seriously going to try to say that the refs were against the pens?

you should know that the playing the puck in the illegal zone is never called on anybody unless it's pathetically obvious. i'm sure fleury has done it plenty of times with no calls. and because hedberg is one of the better puckhandlers in the game he is usually given the benefit of the doubt.

anyway it was nice of slater and hedberg to sabotage our last chance in the final two minutes there. i have never seen two such horribly soft goals after a goalie playing as well as he did for the previous parts of the game. and slater's back in the doghouse. that was ****ing stupid.

also helps that we pick the final 20 games of the season to start getting a massive slew of injuries to our best players.

Closed Thread