Old
04-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Shameus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
Disagree. PP goal is Defense fault.
Second goal : defense fault
PP goal : Gonchar has a rocket, and moose was partially screened.
OT Goal : Meh. I wouldnt expect a shot to be that accurate without looking at the net and travelling that fast.

Moose saved us a ton. Just we arent very good 4-4. Going this late into the stretch against a team like pittsburger. Also you cant really compare caps/Pittsburgh chances, as the Caps game was one of the best defense games we've had all year. This one was a combo of good and bad. Either way, We'll get get the win next week from them, and break crosbys hand in the process
I won't argue the first 2, but Gonchar's the replay showed Moose saw coming and just didn't get his glove in front of the shot. His reaction time was too slow. He may have thought he was closer to the post. But he got the tip of his glove to it but not all of it. He doesn't have the reflexes anymore. The last one, that was just weak. No, that is a luck goal, kind of reminds me of the Hossa one against the Canes a few years ago where he shot it from the corner and it went in. But that went through Moose's 5 hole, he has to stop that. That is just weak.

My whole main point though is if the offense doesn't score a lot for Moose, the team doesn't win. He has given up 16 goals in 6 games, if you take the shutout against the Canes out of it, he is averaging a GAA of over 3 a game. That just isn't going to cut it right now.

Old
04-03-2010, 03:13 PM
VAThrasher

Blaming refs makes our fanbase look like a bunch of, well, Crosbys. We had our chance to beat a better team in their barn and some things went against - some for us, but in the end, Malkin + Gonchar > Antro + Bogo. Our day will come.

Old
04-03-2010, 03:13 PM
AintLifeGrand

At least the Bravos are gearing up to win the NL east, right as the Thrash are gearing up to spend the spring on the links at Sugarloaf.

Old
04-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAThrasher View Post
Blaming refs makes our fanbase look like a bunch of, well, Crosbys. We had our chance to beat a better team in their barn and some things went against - some for us, but in the end, Malkin + Gonchar > Antro + Bogo. Our day will come.
i'm not blaming the refs, there were some awful calls and non-calls both ways. but i am kinda pissed that anyone would say the refs helped us., because they didn't.

i'm more pissed that slater put himself in a position to allow the refs to make a call, that hedberg picked the absolute worst time possible to let in two soft goals, and that we once again outplayed one of the best teams in the conference through 40 minutes and don't come away with two points.

Old
04-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
I would blame Slater more for the idiotic penalty in the end, even thought the ot-goal was a really bad way to end the game.

Last edited by Shameus: 04-03-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: QDP
Old
04-03-2010, 04:41 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

I'm split between using these two images to describe this game now.

or

Old
04-03-2010, 07:01 PM
ArVeeDee

After watching these recent games all I have to say is we are just a bad team. We need Kovalchuk as much as I hate to say it. We would have won a couple of those critical games if we had him. Philly and Boston have given us every chance to pass them and we fail every time.

Old
04-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArVeeDee View Post
After watching these recent games all I have to say is we are just a bad team. We need Kovalchuk as much as I hate to say it. We would have won a couple of those critical games if we had him. Philly and Boston have given us every chance to pass them and we fail every time.
I think that Oduya and Bergfors have been very good for us. Sure Bergfors is no Kovy, but Oduya has improved our defence quite a bit. We will never know if we could have gotten a couple of more points with Kovy, but IMO the trade was a wise desision. Agree on the second part, but still I seriously doupt Kovy would have led us to the playoffs like he did not do most seasons.

Old
04-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Whaddagoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArVeeDee View Post
That's the incredibly frustrating piece of this final stretch .

However, I don't think this team played bad this afternoon, though. I thought this was one of their better games. They were effective defensively as a team ES against one of the top teams in the league. THey certainly had their scoring chances ihn the 3rd to put this game out of reach...

I really don't like putting a loss on individual players, but Moose and Slater really screwed up bigtime. As good as Moose was before that play and from previous games, the timing was awful for a soft goal like that and the angle was just as bad. How can you be caught "snoozing" in an overtime period, when the game/season is on the line? Likewise before that, Slater had no real reason to reach out and try to hold up the Penguin on that play, in BEHIND the opponents net in the waning minutes of the period when your team already had the lead. It's not as if it was imperitive that the puck get to his posession. The Thrashers HAD the game in lockdown already.

Sure, it would have been nice to see the refs let it go, or call the penguin for interference/hooking when he was holding Afinogenov back....

Ahhh.... theres still a slim slim chance this team can get in, but they've wasted so many open door opportunities to be legitimately in 8th or better.

Closed Thread