HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carter Hutton Released, Phantoms sign NCAA Goalie Brian Stewart

Old
04-02-2010, 07:01 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Carter Hutton Released, Phantoms sign NCAA Goalie Brian Stewart

Hutton released due to searching for other options (some are saying for a ELC).

Phantoms sign Brian Stewart of of Northern Michigan University

Quote:
Phantoms have signed goalie Brian Stewart to an ATO. Carter Hutton has been released from his ATO. He's pursuing other options.
http://twitter.com/PSPhantoms

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Cleary84

Somewhere, Chris Shafer is crying.

Tough one, thought he could make something of himself personally.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 07:08 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1010
This is his bio page on the Northern Michigan site:

http://webb.nmu.edu/SportsAthletics/...eStewart.shtml

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new.../26_wtthis.php
Quote:
"In goal, the Wildcats have been buoyed by the resurrection of senior goaltender Brian Stewart. After a rough start, Stewart finished the year tops in the league with a .927 save percentage. His 2.40 goals against and 18-10-7 record were key reasons for the Northern charge down the stretch.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
Somewhere, Chris Shafer is crying.

Tough one, thought he could make something of himself personally.
Agreed. Sucks, but at least we signed someone else. Anyone know anything about Stewart?

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 09:49 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Best of luck to Hutton. He didn't have much of a great shot at the NHL, but he at least provided some ounce of happiness while the rest of this organization has been so "blah" lately.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 10:08 PM
mm6492

Hopefully Hutton catches on elsewhere. Seemed liek a cool dude. And even if he does not, he has great stories for his grandkids

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:22 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I thought they signed him for next season, I guess not

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Scoopyten

I guess Hutton was pissed he had to give up his NHL debut jersey on fan appreciation night.

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 03:08 PM
teddygmr

I dont get it? Persuing other opportunities? Does he or his agent figure there is another team that is more desperate for a goalie?
From what I had heard, Hutton played extremely well in 4 games in the ahl, with better stats than Backlund, Duchesne, Grahame, Riopel and Teslak!
So, was the agent demanding more money than Homer is willing to pay? Demanding a signed Bernie Parent jersey? Insisted that Mike Richards take him out on the town to meet some honeys?....This is one of the strangest situations I have seen!

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 03:39 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygmr View Post
I dont get it? Persuing other opportunities? Does he or his agent figure there is another team that is more desperate for a goalie?
From what I had heard, Hutton played extremely well in 4 games in the ahl, with better stats than Backlund, Duchesne, Grahame, Riopel and Teslak!
So, was the agent demanding more money than Homer is willing to pay? Demanding a signed Bernie Parent jersey? Insisted that Mike Richards take him out on the town to meet some honeys?....This is one of the strangest situations I have seen!
Considering Homer was paying $0, I'd say he was definitely looking for more money.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 05:55 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygmr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Considering Homer was paying $0, I'd say he was definitely looking for more money.
Oh I didn't know he wasn't being paid anything. Also, the Flyers have a bunch of goalies in the system and are trying to get more, so that doesn't necessarily bode well for him, though I guess our NHL goalie situation does. So maybe CantSeeColors was right and it was about getting paid which is definitely understandable because he has to earn a living.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 06:01 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Yeah wait, is there more of an explanation for releasing Hutton? I thought he played really well in those few Phantoms games. How much money could he have really wanted? And isn't there a very good chance he was a better option going forward than Duchesne and/or Teslak, both of whom are at the end of their contracts? I mean, the guy apparently proved he was a better option in a matter of like 3 days, right? I'm confused.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:51 PM
KaraLupin
카라

He wanted to get paid. Which an entry level contract will do for him. Perhaps in the off-season the Flyers will look at offering him that, to replace one of our current AHL goalies.

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Larry44
Where's Hovercraft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrieresSalary View Post
He wanted to get paid. Which an entry level contract will do for him. Perhaps in the off-season the Flyers will look at offering him that, to replace one of our current AHL goalies.
This is fair and understandable. They don't want to offer him a contract yet, because they only have need for so many goalies and so many contracts. If he wants to sign with someone else now, fine. If no one else signs him, I'm sure they'll talk on June 30 when a lot of our expiring contracts go unrenewed...

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:09 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Oh I didn't know he wasn't being paid anything. Also, the Flyers have a bunch of goalies in the system and are trying to get more, so that doesn't necessarily bode well for him, though I guess our NHL goalie situation does. So maybe CantSeeColors was right and it was about getting paid which is definitely understandable because he has to earn a living.
Yeah, he was just on a tryout contract. A lot of guys are on them, but if he has a chance to sign a real deal I can't blame him for going for it. I don't know that that's actually the case, but it's what I would guess from the few facts we've heard.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:52 PM
pelts35.com

Perhaps his agent got wind that another team was willing to offer him a ELC and Homer made it clear that the Flyers weren't?

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Rick Deckard

According to capgeek.com, Brian Stewart got an one-year entry-level-contract starting july 1st.

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote