HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Solid 60 minutes; Habs win 3-0 over Sabres

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2010, 09:04 PM
  #76
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 20,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I can't look at you seriously cause I picture you looking like Pierre Gauthier....lol.
Come on now this is the image of incredible vertue, credibility and intelligence.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:05 PM
  #77
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shinagawa, Tokyo
Country: Japan
Posts: 7,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I like the 3rd line with Moore sergei and moen. Lattaque a 5 cast must feel like morons now after they said that they would prefer to have darche in the line up instead of sergei.
Darche is junk

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:05 PM
  #78
linp
 
linp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Our 3rd line is one of the best 3rd line in the league. I like the energy of our 4th line. Halak is solid again.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:05 PM
  #79
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 24,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherbrookeW View Post
Easy to be a tough guy on the internet. Lapierre played well, did the sensible thing. Real story was Buffalo trying to pick a fight with Moen with all the stitches still showing on his face.
Sensible? He played a great game, really happy for him, but he still fights like a gaping vagina. The sensible thing to do at that point is not to fight at all, what's the worst that can happen? But turtling like that is pretty much inexcusable.

And whether he had stitches or not, moen wouldn't have fought either. Dunno if they caught it off eachother or w/e, but moen has a bad case of vaginitis too.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:06 PM
  #80
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Nashville and Phoenix have to be the two biggest surprises of not only making the playoffs, but breaking the 100 point plateau too!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:06 PM
  #81
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,618
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherbrookeW View Post
Easy to be a tough guy on the internet. Lapierre played well, did the sensible thing. Real story was Buffalo trying to pick a fight with Moen with all the stitches still showing on his face.
I think it was clear they wanted a fight. I'm impressed Lapierre stepped up for Moen, just a bit disappointed the way he acted after losing the fight, I don't really care that he lost the fight.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:07 PM
  #82
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by linp View Post
Our 3rd line is one of the best 3rd line in the league. I like the energy of our 4th line. Halak is solid again.
Sergei came back into his own as soon as Moore was added to the team. We need to re-sign Moore.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:07 PM
  #83
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I think it was clear they wanted a fight. I'm impressed Lapierre stepped up for Moen, just a bit disappointed the way he acted after losing the fight, I don't really care that he lost the fight.
I wouldn't call what Lapierre did a "fight."

He pretty much just hung on with a stupid smirk on his face.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:08 PM
  #84
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,173
vCash: 500
Moore was such a beast tonight.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:08 PM
  #85
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 8,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Nashville and Phoenix have to be the two biggest surprises of not only making the playoffs, but breaking the 100 point plateau too!
Nashville broke 100 point barrier twice since the lockout and made the playoffs 3 years out of four prior to 2009-10. Don't see them as a surprise. Phoenix, however, is a different story.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:08 PM
  #86
Hank Scorpio
Registered User
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Although he still looks like a dunce with all the Bruins crap on.
I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed the solid gold jacket. If it wasn't for the Bruins innuendo it would've been a good look. Big win, good to see them carry a little momentum and learn from the Philly game. Halak was huge. On CBC they talked about how he stands up strait to maintain vision when the puck is away from the net in the zone then gets down low to cover it... reminds me of a gopher. New goalie style perhaps? Great team effort but I really was hoping our top 6 would light it up tonight. They played well but they need to start scoring too if we hope to continue. Did anyone catch the pp units? I'm just curious who was getting time. Great game by Lappierre, I really wish he didn't skate away smiling ear to ear after he got fed by Montador though, that only made it worst. Moore continues to impress, can we keep him? Hopefully we can keep playing like we did this game between now and next week, it would really end the season on a high note. Could be a good first round match up if things remain the same.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:09 PM
  #87
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoopok View Post
Moore was such a beast tonight.
He definitely was. I like the chemistry of that 3rd line.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:09 PM
  #88
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The 3rd has already shown that they're effective when together. The 4th line showed that they can provide energy and even be an offensive threat without being a liability. I think when Spacek comes back, MAB is out. He's the odd man out now especially since the PP is ineffective regardless of him playing and the 4th line is more effective the way it is.
I agree, I'd take MAB out.

I really don't understand how the ''experts'' on l'antichambre think MAB actually plays well on D. Not just well, but better than Spacek.

These ''expert'' reflect the ordinary habs fan in my eyes, it's so damn sad.

MAB is awful on D. Putting him on the 4th makes our bottom line quite ineffective, something that's very bad especially in the POs.
Our PP hasn't been that great since he's back like you mentioned, I'd take MAB out as well.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:09 PM
  #89
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I wouldn't call what Lapierre did a "fight."

He pretty much just hung on with a stupid smirk on his face.
That was no where near a fight, inside I was hoping he would throw some punches for him to rid himself of the pest description and to show he could agitate and fight if needed. He had the opportunity, but he dropped the ball.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:10 PM
  #90
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Sergei came back into his own as soon as Moore was added to the team. We need to re-sign Moore.
Moore has been playing really well since being acquired,well worth the pick.I would like to see him re up here but if he doesn't I wanna see the Habs go after Eric Belanger as the #3 centerman

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:10 PM
  #91
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,485
vCash: 500
yeah phoenix is crazy consistent too this year. i don't think they were ever lower than 6th.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:10 PM
  #92
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Nashville broke 100 point barrier twice since the lockout and made the playoffs 3 years out of four prior to 2009-10. Don't see them as a surprise. Phoenix, however, is a different story.
Nashville did this with some injury issues and the 3rd year in which they had a new #1 goalie. I would say they are a surprise this year as many had them on the outside looking in. Barry Trotz has to be a genius.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:11 PM
  #93
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shinagawa, Tokyo
Country: Japan
Posts: 7,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Sensible? He played a great game, really happy for him, but he still fights like a gaping vagina. The sensible thing to do at that point is not to fight at all, what's the worst that can happen? But turtling like that is pretty much inexcusable.

And whether he had stitches or not, moen wouldn't have fought either. Dunno if they caught it off eachother or w/e, but moen has a bad case of vaginitis too.
Like him but he needs to throw some punches sometimes, that would make him a better player

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:11 PM
  #94
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Gill came in right away for Moen, but defending Lapierre for turtling for how he plays come on...Montador isn't exactly Gaustad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherbrookeW View Post
Easy to be a tough guy on the internet. Lapierre played well, did the sensible thing. Real story was Buffalo trying to pick a fight with Moen with all the stitches still showing on his face.
Lapierre dropped his gloves for the 3rd times in 2009-10... (I think fighting should be forbidden... just like in ALL other sport... it would so be in sync with post Cro-Magnon era!) but good (4 fights in 08/09, 3 in 09/10... who can do better in Habs land?) for him. Who was the coward who tried to go after scareface Moen on this sequence?

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:12 PM
  #95
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Moore has been playing really well since being acquired,well worth the pick.I would like to see him re up here but if he doesn't I wanna see the Habs go after Eric Belanger as the #3 centerman
Moore is a Hab like player, good two way player with some offensive flare. I think Gauthier will be interested in signing him, and I am sure Moore would be as well.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:12 PM
  #96
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Moore has been playing really well since being acquired,well worth the pick.I would like to see him re up here but if he doesn't I wanna see the Habs go after Eric Belanger as the #3 centerman
I think Pyatt will most likely become that 3rd centerman, but I wouldn't mind signing another center for depth as well.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:12 PM
  #97
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 13,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
Lot of tough guys here that would just let their face be punched and not cover it up after being outmatched in a fight. Interesting.
Yeah lots of

1. internet tough guys
2. Lapierre haters

around these parts.

It's what it is.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:13 PM
  #98
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think Pyatt will most likely become that 3rd centerman, but I wouldn't mind signing another center for depth as well.
I was hoping to see Pyatt with White in the 4th line,guess well see

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:15 PM
  #99
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Lapierre dropped his gloves for the 3rd times in 2009-10... (I think fighting should be forbidden... just like in ALL other sport... it would so be in sync with post Cro-Magnon era!) but good (4 fights in 08/09, 3 in 09/10... who can do better in Habs land?) for him. Who was the coward who tried to go after scareface Moen on this sequence?
I'm sorry, but if Lapierre wants to play that style of game he needs to answer the bell sometimes. To defend him and to say fighting isn't needed, you obviously don't see what he does and that what you are calling 4 fights have been 4 times Lappy has held on for dear life.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
  #100
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Awesome game by Sergei and Pouliot (and the rest)

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.