HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

USHL teams near Manchester?

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Saprykin Fan

vCash: 500
USHL teams near Manchester?

anyone know of any USHL teams around Manchester Monarchs, just wondering and how far they are away!

Old
02-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Jacob

The closest would probably be Indiana.

http://ushl.com/teams/index.cfm

Old
02-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Terrier

The USHL is an Upper Midwest league, with teams from Indiana to Nebraska(map below). New England has primarily AHL and NCAA teams. The closest major junior team is the Maineiacs of the QMJHL in Lewiston, Maine.

http://www.bucshockey.org/2004-05USHLFootprint.pdf

Old
02-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Saprykin Fan

hey

is there any junior A teams up there then maybe not ushl.

Old
02-11-2005, 11:54 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin Fan
is there any junior A teams up there then maybe not ushl.
I'm not sure if the EJHL is Jr. A or B. It's the highest form of juniors in New England.

http://www.easternjunior.com/

The site.

http://www.nhjrmonarchs.com/main.htm

Closest team to Manchester.

Old
02-12-2005, 08:24 AM
canadahockeygirl*

I used to play in the Monarchs organization (Senior Lady A) and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The organization is going under, the rink is going under (the owner had to put his dentist office inside the rink to try and make some money), and it's just a crappy experience dealing with the people who run the organization. Plus the rink itself is like playing on a wind-swept pond.

I'm not sure how the Jr. team is run, but if they're under that blanket organization, I wouldn't touch it with a 40 foot pole.

Old
02-12-2005, 09:39 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadahockeygirl
I used to play in the Monarchs organization (Senior Lady A) and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The organization is going under, the rink is going under (the owner had to put his dentist office inside the rink to try and make some money), and it's just a crappy experience dealing with the people who run the organization. Plus the rink itself is like playing on a wind-swept pond.

I'm not sure how the Jr. team is run, but if they're under that blanket organization, I wouldn't touch it with a 40 foot pole.
Cant speak for how the team is run, but you cant argue with their success. Two EJHL titles in the last 3 years and they have the 2nd most points this year as well.

Old
02-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Looking for somewhere to play eh Dean? I see where you are going with this

02-14-2005, 06:24 AM
canadahockeygirl*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO
Cant speak for how the team is run, but you cant argue with their success. Two EJHL titles in the last 3 years and they have the 2nd most points this year as well.
It's not the team I have a problem with, it's the organization. But that being said, I'm not sure if the Jr. Monarchs are part of that. I know that the little kids, girls, and womens teams are and that they are all run very poorly (like Rick Vega is out to make money instead of provide a good hockey experience), but maybe they give priority to a team they actually care about and only have the other teams there for PR.

Also, the rink at Tri-Town is HORRIBLE. Granted I've been very spoiled with the quality of ice I've played on, but unless they've made some major changes during some of the construction they did to put in Vega's dentist office, it's one of the worst I've ever skated on. I honestly don't know how they'd get players there without the titles they've won.

Closed Thread