HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers interested in Cornell goalie Ben Scrivens

Old
04-03-2010, 09:57 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
did they ever sign phillips and desherres? these guys are long shots at best. Same with morrison and riopel. Cut the cord, sign fresh guys and give them a shot.
Glad to see they are going to have a phantoms housecleaning though.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 10:23 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
you should watch Halak play more. He is the next Vokoun, he is a great goalie, and is very determined to improve his game.

With Caron are we at 50 contracts? Could we sign this guy and play him now?
We're at 58 contracts with 3 sliders (Wellwood, Rinaldo, and Hostetter) and 5 ELCs on ATOs until July 1st (Testwuide, Gustafsson, Pither, Holmstrom, and Harper).

So yes, we're at the 50 contract limit. Can that stop us from signing other players to ATO's and give them contracts that kick in July 1st? No.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 10:26 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
We're at 58 contracts with 3 sliders (Wellwood, Rinaldo, and Hostetter) and 5 ELCs on ATOs until July 1st (Testwuide, Gustafsson, Pither, Holmstrom, and Harper).

So yes, we're at the 50 contract limit. Can that stop us from signing other players to ATO's and give them contracts that kick in July 1st? No.
how many guys on the phantoms do you def think will not be back? ward, kolanos, josh beliau, bellamy, curry,pyorala, duchesne, teslak. Not sure who else is up. The d seems set so they may move a propsect for a future draft pick

Old
04-03-2010, 10:30 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
did they ever sign phillips and desherres? these guys are long shots at best. Same with morrison and riopel. Cut the cord, sign fresh guys and give them a shot.
Glad to see they are going to have a phantoms housecleaning though.
Morrison and Riopel were drafted only last year. A bit early to be cutting the cord when they have only been part of the organization for 9 months.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 10:34 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
how many guys on the phantoms do you def think will not be back? ward, kolanos, josh beliau, bellamy, curry,pyorala, duchesne, teslak. Not sure who else is up. The d seems set so they may move a propsect for a future draft pick
Laliberte and Matsumoto are RFA and could be let go. Ross is a UFA aswell

Rathje and Emery are UFA so that's 2 more contracts

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 10:35 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Morrison and Riopel were drafted only last year. A bit early to be cutting the cord when they have only been part of the organization for 9 months.
riopel will be nothing but an ahl goalie at best. morrison has a better chance and will still be in juniors for another 2 years at least i believe. You can still keep him fine ut if your signing all these other goalies( or attempting) they cant all play so i would think riopel has no real future with the flyers. I would guess depending on if backlund is back they may want a vet on the phanomts as well

Old
04-03-2010, 10:37 AM
jb**

Quote:

ross i let go. The others i would resign but wont lose any sleep if let go. They said matsomoto isnt nhl ready yet so maybe they hold onto him, who knows.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:00 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
riopel will be nothing but an ahl goalie at best. morrison has a better chance and will still be in juniors for another 2 years at least i believe. You can still keep him fine ut if your signing all these other goalies( or attempting) they cant all play so i would think riopel has no real future with the flyers. I would guess depending on if backlund is back they may want a vet on the phanomts as well
See man, I dont understand. The guy is just 20-21, played a few AHL games as the youngest AHL goalie, and you want to cut him off? this is all behind the ********* AHL team we have had in awhile. I know you hate all our prospects, but damn, settle down and wait it out for a few guys, especially the goalies.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 11:06 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Mormina, Kolanos, Ward, Pyorala, Ross, Curry, Backlund, Caron, and Rathje are all gone as UFAs. It's likely that Asham, Emery, Leighton, and Krajicek are gone as UFAs as well.

Teslak, Dingle, Bellamy, Duchesne, Clackson, and Beaulieu are all gone as RFAs.

I assume Syvret, Laliberte, and Matsumoto might be as well, but I'll hold off on counting them. Also, Parent, Powe, Carcillo, and Coburn will stay unless one is traded.

19 contracts right off the bat that are as good as gone. Probably 22 if you count Syvret, Laliberte, and Matsumoto.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:08 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:

I could see Matsumoto getting moved in a Potulny-Syvret type of trade.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 11:10 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
I could see Matsumoto getting moved in a Potulny-Syvret type of trade.
Yea, but the only thing is, we have defense, and Matsumoto is our top AHL scorer. I guess you might see a forward for a forward, but I think that would be just to give Matsumoto a chance at another organization, and we might be hitting a lose in the trade.

All I know, this offseason should be interesting.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:13 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
See man, I dont understand. The guy is just 20-21, played a few AHL games as the youngest AHL goalie, and you want to cut him off? this is all behind the ********* AHL team we have had in awhile. I know you hate all our prospects, but damn, settle down and wait it out for a few guys, especially the goalies.
again your saying things you know nothing about. Not once did i ever say i do not like any flyers prospects. Unlike many i do not over value them, maybe undervalue a little to soem but i dont thin so. So stop with that nonsense. Well let him prove me wrong. There was a reason every nhl team passed him over several times. Doesnt mean he wotn make it but it is very doubtful. You can hope and wish all you want.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:13 AM
mm6492

Quote:
Mormina, Kolanos, Ward, Pyorala, Ross, Curry, Backlund, Caron, and Rathje are all gone as UFAs. It's likely that Asham, Emery, Leighton, and Krajicek are gone as UFAs as well.

I assume Syvret, Laliberte, and Matsumoto might be as well, but I'll hold off on counting them. Also, Parent, Powe, Carcillo, and Coburn will stay unless one is traded.

19 contracts right off the bat that are as good as gone. Probably 22 if you count Syvret, Laliberte, and Matsumoto.
I would like to keep Krajicek around. Has been pretty good. I would like to move Carle, as I do not think his contract is near his production.

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 11:16 AM
mm6492

Quote:
again your saying things you know nothing about. Not once did i ever say i do not like any flyers prospects. Unlike many i do not over value them, maybe undervalue a little to soem but i dont thin so. So stop with that nonsense. Well let him prove me wrong. There was a reason every nhl team passed him over several times. Doesnt mean he wotn make it but it is very doubtful. You can hope and wish all you want.
This can be said about like 65% of the players in the NHL.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:16 AM
jb**

Quote:

i can see clackson def being brought back. Forgot about mormina and the other part of the pronger deal the sad sack media tried to build up lol.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:17 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
This can be said about like 65% of the players in the NHL.
Right, he will be a friggin all star. Dont think it can be said for 65% either.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:18 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
That's the thing. I dont think you know what prospects are. 90% of the time, guys who get draft 4th-7th dont play in the NHL. Thats typical and a "no ****" type of attitude. But for you, if the guy isnt playing in the NHL right away, you discredit them.

There is a difference between overvalueing and being hopeful. Im being hopeful. I dont put age and where they play in the way. If they play well, they play well. I dont care if he is an overager, and personally I dont think he will be an NHL goalie, but Im not writing him off like you are.

"The guy is 21? He isnt starting full time in the AHL? TRADE HIS ASS!". No thanks. Ill wait.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:23 AM
jb**

Quote:
That's the thing. I dont think you know what prospects are. 90% of the time, guys who get draft 4th-7th dont play in the NHL. Thats typical and a "no ****" type of attitude. But for you, if the guy isnt playing in the NHL right away, you discredit them.

There is a difference between overvalueing and being hopeful. Im being hopeful. I dont put age and where they play in the way. If they play well, they play well. I dont care if he is an overager, and personally I dont think he will be an NHL goalie, but Im not writing him off like you are.

"The guy is 21? He isnt starting full time in the AHL? TRADE HIS ASS!". No thanks. Ill wait.
you are so off base with your assessment of what i think it is comical. Where do you draw this conclusion if he isnt playing int he nhl right away i discredit them? Not once did i say they shoudl call up this guy or that. Just becuase i dont think someone will make it doesnt mean i am discrediting them at all. Unless your an unreal talent who clearly shows he belongs in the nhl you should earn your stripes in the minors. I am one who doesnt automatically think because someone is young he has to get better, he doesnt. I have seen so many "prospects" come and go.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:26 AM
billandsebastian

So...back to this stud goalie prospect. Anyone see him play? I like hearing that he's improved his puck handling. I feel like we always get guys who can be a little too adventurous with the puck (see: Biron vs. Pitt.)

billandsebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 11:26 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
you are so off base with your assessment of what i think it is comical. Where do you draw this conclusion if he isnt playing int he nhl right away i discredit them? Not once did i say they shoudl call up this guy or that. Just becuase i dont think someone will make it doesnt mean i am discrediting them at all. Unless your an unreal talent who clearly shows he belongs in the nhl you should earn your stripes in the minors. I am one who doesnt automatically think because someone is young he has to get better, he doesnt. I have seen so many "prospects" come and go.
So you'd rather not wait and see and just let him go? Especially since he hasnt even been here for a year. Your just hard to read. You semi like some, you dislike others. I just dont know how you view prospects. You keep saying Im wrong, then how do you view them?

Old
04-03-2010, 11:34 AM
jb**

Quote:
So you'd rather not wait and see and just let him go? Especially since he hasnt even been here for a year. Your just hard to read. You semi like some, you dislike others. I just dont know how you view prospects. You keep saying Im wrong, then how do you view them?
Some players yes wait and see, others no i dont wait. I like alot of the d prospects but i dont think they are going to be any top pairing guys maybe a #4. Nothing wrong with that. Not saying your wrong at all just wrong on your assessment on my assessment of them. Right now i dont see any forward prospects(excluding the ones we just signed) ever making any real type of contribution above the 4th line. Doesnt matter that he has been here < year. He shoud never have been sent back if if was even decent. Had nothing to prove. duchesne and teslak were not coming back reagrdless, so he should have been playing pro hockey, not juniors. That imo tells me a lot. even if he didnt play much the experience would have been more benficial imo.

Old
04-03-2010, 01:34 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Some players yes wait and see, others no i dont wait. I like alot of the d prospects but i dont think they are going to be any top pairing guys maybe a #4. Nothing wrong with that. Not saying your wrong at all just wrong on your assessment on my assessment of them. Right now i dont see any forward prospects(excluding the ones we just signed) ever making any real type of contribution above the 4th line. Doesnt matter that he has been here < year. He shoud never have been sent back if if was even decent. Had nothing to prove. duchesne and teslak were not coming back reagrdless, so he should have been playing pro hockey, not juniors. That imo tells me a lot. even if he didnt play much the experience would have been more benficial imo.
The problem with Riopel is that Idiot Stick in Adirondack has no patience with developing young goalies. Riopel SHOULD have been with the Phantoms, even if it was in a back up role to Backlund. He would have learned what it takes to be a pro and how he would have to mentally prepare himself for games at the pro level. Instead, Idiot Stick got his way and had Riopel sent back to the QMJHL.

I liken the situation to when Idiot Stick was the head coach of the Toronto Marlies. He was given Justin Pogge to develop and Scott Clemmenson was the veteran. The season before, Pogge had established himself as an up and coming goaltender and the plan was to give Pogge 55 to 60 games and Clemmenson would get 20 to 25 games. Instead, Idiot Stick went against the development plan and gave Clemmenson 40 games, Pogge 41 and Todd Ford 1 game. He began ruining Pogge's confidence from day one and now Pogge is nothing more than AHL fodder. He ruined Pogge, who had shown he could be a very good goalie IF he was given the opportunity to be developed properly.

If you want to see how badly Idiot Stick is at developing prospects, look no further than the Marlies system and look at the job Idiot Stick is currently doing with the Phantoms. Our top four defensemen, all top notch prospects, are enduring the worst seasons of their respective careers. The absolute worst seasons of their careers. He continually puts the guys in a position to fail and does not execute a game plan built on their strengths. Take a look at our forwards and every single one of those guys (with the exception of Legein) have taken a step back in their development. Why? Simple, because Idiot Stick has no idea what he's doing.

I honestly believe Riopel can be a player. He's technically sound with a great glove hand. He doesn't give up a lot of rebounds and is good at controlling the direction of the puck. Unfortunately, as long as Idiot Stick is behind the bench in Adirondack, Riopel will never be given a fair shake because Idiot Stick will always start a veteran over a young player, even if it means going against the team's wishes.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:42 PM
lancer247

Quote:
I want to sign Bobrovksy and Scrivens. Let them play in the AHL. Send Riopel to the ECHL (sorry Riopel). Dump Boucher ANYWHERE. Let de Serres play as an overager. Say bye to Backlund (sorry Backlund), Teslak, and Duchesne. Most importantly: let Eriksson play over in the SEL.

Our NHL goalies have a number of approaches we can take.
so, if they sign one or both of these guys who won't be ready for 2-3 yrs does that lead them to signing someone like Turco who only has a couple of good years left?

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 09:58 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
so, if they sign one or both of these guys who won't be ready for 2-3 yrs does that lead them to signing someone like Turco who only has a couple of good years left?
I think it's 1-2 years for Bobrovsky. 2-3 years for Scrivens. 2-3 years for Eriksson.

Old
04-03-2010, 10:12 PM
mm6492

Quote:
I think it's 1-2 years for Bobrovsky. 2-3 years for Scrivens. 2-3 years for Eriksson.
How do you rank them??