Will Hedberg start against the Pens?

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2010, 10:31 PM
JustinW

vCash: 500
Will Hedberg start against the Pens?

will he start against Pittsburgh?

Last edited by Shameus: 04-03-2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Fixing Title and Spelling
Old
04-03-2010, 12:12 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I'd say 99.9 % chance he's starting.

The .1% is because our coach is an idiot and you can never ever ever be sure with an idiot behind the bench.

Old
04-03-2010, 07:11 AM
JustinW

yeah I thought he would start last game, but I was wrong

Old
04-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post

The .1% is because our coach is an idiot and you can never ever ever be sure with an idiot behind the bench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinW View Post
yeah I thought he would start last game, but I was wrong
Pavs had a great game and made some great saves to keep the Thrashers in that game. He has played better of late and Moose has come back to earth and not come up big in crunch time when the team needs him to.

Old
04-03-2010, 08:57 AM
copernicanrevolution

Quote:

I feel like I'm going to regret asking this, but why would starting Pavs be a sign of idiocy?

Old
04-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

im sure Pavs will start. he has been money for his past 5 starts

Old
04-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
im sure Pavs will start. he has been money for his past 5 starts
i hope so...kids taking another step right before our eyes, he's got a long way to go to master the position, but this is at least promising, surely beats regression.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:14 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Cause Pavs is not good yet and should not play with playoffs on the line. He's never even showed signs. Look at Rask, Howard, Mason and all these other young goalies. They've all showed signs of greatness and consistency.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Shameus

Quote:
Cause Pavs is not good yet and should not play with playoffs on the line. He's never even showed signs. Look at Rask, Howard, Mason and all these other young goalies. They've all showed signs of greatness and consistency.
Both goalies have earned the team 6pts in their last 5 starts. But a closer look at Pavs stats vs. Moose and you'll see that Pavs has stepped his game up.

Hedberg: 2.4 GAA, .922%, 3-2
Pavs: 1.8 GAA, .944%, 2-1-2

Pavs hasn't given up more than 2 goals in his last 5 starts. Whereas Moose has given up 3 goals twice and 4 goals once in his last 5. Only a shutout is keeping his GAA down.

Pavs is playing better and more consistent right now, and the stats back it up.

Old
04-03-2010, 12:09 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Yes but we saw this early in the season too only for him to get lit up like a christmas tree the following 15 games. He's inconsistent. Stats back it up but I'm not going to get them to prove my point.

Old
04-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Yes but we saw this early in the season too only for him to get lit up like a christmas tree the following 15 games. He's inconsistent. Stats back it up but I'm not going to get them to prove my point.
That's a cop out.

Your argument is that Moose is the better keeper. Current play shows that Pavs has held his own in every game he has played in and given the team a better chance to win then Moose has. Moose was the goalie playing in the "Big Game" against the Bruins and didn't get it done. No team has scored more than 2 against Pavs in 5 games. He has given the team a chance to win every time he has suited up during that time. Has he had an up and down season, no question. But right now, when the season has been on the line of late, Pavs has stepped up his game and been the better of the two. Only a shutout is keeping Moose's stats from being poor during that stretch. When Moose is in net, the offense has to score to get the team a win. Pavs, has played in a bunch of lower scoring games and if he had gotten the scoring Moose has gotten, he would have a much better record and the team might have more points. The team has scored 10 goals during Pavs last 5 games, they have scored 15 during Moose's last 5. I am not taking anything away from Moose's overall play this season, but right now, Pavs is the goalie coming up big for this team.

After watching that effort from Moose and his giving up not 1 but 2 soft goals to cost the team 2 points, are you still going to argue that Pavs getting playing time is absurd?

Last edited by Shameus: 04-03-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old
04-03-2010, 02:47 PM
doakacola*

Hedberg shouldn't be allowed to wear an Atlanta jersey again for that goal. What a choker he is.

Old
04-03-2010, 02:48 PM
FrenchKheldar

Looks like Moose ran out of gas at the end

Old
04-03-2010, 03:02 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Hedberg is 1000000x better than Pavelec right now and Hedberg is a career backup.

I just don't see the potential or the hype with Pavelec. He's proved absolutely nothing in this league so far. He has like one of the worst GAA in the league and save %.

I'm forced to support Pavelec because this dumb gm traded away our only good starting goalie material. If we could trade for Halak and rid Pavelec while doing so, I'd be allllll over it. Not even Halak. Anyone who has proved something.

Everytime Pavelec is in net I expect a loss. I've yet to feel comfortable with him.

Old
04-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Georgia Dawg

Quote:
Hedberg is 1000000x better than Pavelec right now and Hedberg is a career backup.

I just don't see the potential or the hype with Pavelec. He's proved absolutely nothing in this league so far. He has like one of the worst GAA in the league and save %.

I'm forced to support Pavelec because this dumb gm traded away our only good starting goalie material. If we could trade for Halak and rid Pavelec while doing so, I'd be allllll over it. Not even Halak. Anyone who has proved something.

Everytime Pavelec is in net I expect a loss. I've yet to feel comfortable with him.
Your argument to everything is the gm is horrible or the coach is horrible....

Pavelec has looked very good lately. He is the guy I would want in net with a big game on the line at this time. He has shown me a lot lately and I expect big things from him in the future.

Old
04-03-2010, 04:13 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

lol. a week ago everyone was riding Hedbergs pipe now it's back to Pavelec. If he gets lit up his next start we will see 100 trade proposals involving Pavelec.

Old
04-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Shameus

Quote:
lol. a week ago everyone was riding Hedbergs pipe now it's back to Pavelec. If he gets lit up his next start we will see 100 trade proposals involving Pavelec.
Honestly I think that you and ALG are the only two who start trade proposals on the FA and trade board with Pavs in them. I have nothing against those proposals either, I just don't know of any other "regulars" from the Thrashers board who have started proposals with Pavs in them though.

Last edited by Shameus: 04-03-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old
04-03-2010, 10:42 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

It happens. One week there is crazy fandom for a player and the next week everyone hates him.

I remember ripping Pavelec when he played "Good" (even though he didn't) in that game against Montreal. Everyone praised him as if he were God then and basically said I'm the dumb one for not buying into him (buying into what exactly?), now the past few months he's been getting ripped by everyone that said I was the idiot. And now he's the "guy" to start again. I just don't get it.

Jim Slater is a prime example. He was disliked by everyone. No one wanted him re-signed. Then he played 1 good month of hockey in 6 years and all of a sudden he is our #1 MUST.

Same thing with Anderson too. I think I was the only consistent fan that wanted Anderson fired since like November. Now like 50% more want him axed.

Old
04-03-2010, 11:03 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Um....Stopping 33 of 35 and standing on your head for most of those IS playing good. Pavelec's confidence basically got killed in the middle of the season, and now he's got it back. The thing with Ondrej is over the course of his pro career, he hasn't consistently let in 1 or 2 soft goals per game like Kari always did. As soon as Kari isn't playing for a job anymore, he'll come back to earth and turn back into the "LOLZORZWFTOMGBBQ! 100 foot softie! LOL!" goalie we all came to expect.

As for Slater, he's changed his game up post benching and is really playing some quality hockey now that he's embraced being a 3rd liner. As has been discussed here before, if Slater had been a 2nd round pick, we'd probably be talking about how well he's doing. It's kinda like the deal with Toby.... He's still a damn good hockey player, but I think we're less critical with him because he was a 7th round pick.

Closed Thread