HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators @ Red Wings "Who wants the Coyotes Edition" April 3rd 2010 1pm CST

Old
04-03-2010, 05:11 PM
thejlb*

vCash: 500
gee if thats not the pot calling the kettle black.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 05:16 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Luck is aided tremendously when all four skaters on a team decide to play the same side of the ice. Suter might agree. Just sayin'

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 05:25 PM
JacklegJack

Haha, gotta love the Red Wings fans. WE were the ones who squeaked the game into OT despite them being the ones to get lucky with 30 second left. Sure feels great to beat them.

I'm hoping they pass us in the standings, I'd much rather face Vancouver than Phoenix. The Coyotes are on a mission to prove something, I could see them being the Cinderella team this post-season. The Canucks are good, but they're not great. Easily beatable.

JacklegJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 05:38 PM
PredChef

I find it hilarious at the comments over there.

Apparently we are a trap playing team? Correct me if I am wrong but a "trap" is bottling up the neutral zone and standing everyone up at the blueline and relying on turnovers to attack here and there?

That sounds nothing like us since we turn the puck over in the neutral zone over and over, let teams skate right into our zone over and over and constantly forecheck our ***** off in the offensive zone.

The Red Wing fans are so spoiled that they no nothing other than offensive rushes on the backs of some of the best players to play the game in the last two decades. I would think they could understand that the majority of the teams in this league cannot go toe to toe with them up and down the ice every shift.

So we, hit them hard, win the battles on the boards and out work them for goals.

Boring, I think not.

PredChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 06:01 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredChef View Post
I find it hilarious at the comments over there.

Apparently we are a trap playing team? Correct me if I am wrong but a "trap" is bottling up the neutral zone and standing everyone up at the blueline and relying on turnovers to attack here and there?

That sounds nothing like us since we turn the puck over in the neutral zone over and over, let teams skate right into our zone over and over and constantly forecheck our ***** off in the offensive zone.

The Red Wing fans are so spoiled that they no nothing other than offensive rushes on the backs of some of the best players to play the game in the last two decades. I would think they could understand that the majority of the teams in this league cannot go toe to toe with them up and down the ice every shift.

So we, hit them hard, win the battles on the boards and out work them for goals.

Boring, I think not.
They have no idea what they are talking about. Anyways, every single team uses some trap strategies in their system. Just an backhanded compliment/excuse.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredChef View Post
Now that should be interference in my opinion. They all clog it up and take down everyone around them.
I agree completely, but they have mastered the art of interfering just enough to get the job done without getting called...

As an opponent I hate them for it, but with my coaching background I admire them for it...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 07:12 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4097
tons of Wings fans chomping on sour grapes over there.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 07:30 PM
WalkmanX

In the last 13 games we have allowed 3 2nd Period goals, that's pretty nice me thinks

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Harpoon Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I agree completely, but they have mastered the art of interfering just enough to get the job done without getting called...

As an opponent I hate them for it, but with my coaching background I admire them for it...
The Dead Wings have always been the team that wrote the book " how to not get called for interference - when you are interfering. Special section, how to not get called for goalie interference. "

That has not changed in a long time. Going back to the Yzerman/Federov years.

Harpoon Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 08:32 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Ha! Lucky? Says the team tied for the most 'loser points' in the league this season. No doubt they are damn good, and will probably finish above us, but no matter what...we have more wins.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 10:21 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Apparently the Detroit media is just as bitter and ill-informed as their fans. Holmstrom the first star of the game? Pekka the third? Not that Pekka played a bad game, but since when does three goals get you a star? Their off-handed way of saying he's the only reason we won? It's not like he was all that tested, today...

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Apparently the Detroit media is just as bitter and ill-informed as their fans. Holmstrom the first star of the game? Pekka the third? Not that Pekka played a bad game, but since when does three goals get you a star? Their off-handed way of saying he's the only reason we won? It's not like he was all that tested, today...
Homers choosing Homer, I guess...

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 10:44 PM
OpenWheel

I saw that also, and laughed a little at the choice. But I don't think it's a backhanded compliment. It just means they were focused on their own players to the exclusion of ours. Yet when they lost they decided to be magnanimous and put two of our guys as stars. Which is ok. Since they hadn't paid much attention to our guys they picked Rinne for the second guy.

I've never had a big win feel as deeply painful to me as this one, initially. Two points in regulation would have been bigger than two in overtime.

I don't know who it was on their last goal, Ward I think, but someone was standing there left and low of the slot, not looking around tracking any of their guys, as if just being in a pretty decent spot was good enough. Then they sneak right behind for an open shot. Should not have happened, we had skaters in position who could have covered that.

So Callahan says that the reason Wilson isn't out on the ice the last three minutes is to let the rookie learn from the veterans. And I'm thinking "yeah, the same veterans who haven't done a very good job this year on the penalty kill, which this is about to become, the way we are playing it." Well, I hope Wilson did learn, what not to do... I know he's not a penalty killer/defensive forward, but he is better than Ward or Smithson at moving the puck up the ice. Instead all we managed was to flip it out a few times. And then they'd be right back with heavy pressure. I think Wilson is already one of our top players and he needs to be on the ice there. I understand the reasoning, especially Smithson for faceoffs, I just was not at all surprised when they scored.

Oh well. I can't believe I didn't feel elated after a win in Detroit, lol. I do feel feel pretty good. Now. It just took a few hours... I think we're the better team. Bodes well for the playoffs.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 04-03-2010 at 10:55 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Seth Lake

Had to leave during the first intermission and just finally got the chance to sit down and read the thread for more than 15 minutes...

A big THANKS to PredsV82 for sending me text updates throughout the final two periods and OT while I ran about a dozen errands to get ready for the holiday!!!

Glad to hear Midnight enjoyed his first Preds game and hope to see you visit Nashville for a game one day soon!!!

Hate to have given up the point to Detroit, but in the end...we got the two points and as long as we keep doing that...I'll take my chances on letting the chips fall where they may...

Disappointed we weren't able to clear the puck late, leading to the game-tying goal...but we did fight back after allowing the first goal to win the game in The Joe...so...

All in all, just another GREAT night to be a Predators fan!!!

Last edited by Seth Lake: 04-04-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old
04-04-2010, 12:00 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Even their vice president of business operations admits these teams match up pretty well and the last two games against each other have been some damn good contests. Yes, I will publicly admit to still being in contact with the Preds former VP of business ops, Violetta.

I hope the Flyers enable me to taunt him tomorrow.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Wine Cups

Red WIngs should stick to boot making...

That was one hell of a game!!! I slept till 4:30pm but thanks to Center Ice and Tivo I got to see it all and FF the commercials.

The Weber goal was fantastic! He shoots once, one guy limps off. He shoots another time, hits a guy in the skates. OUCH! He shoots a third time and EVERYbody with a brain runs and ducks...SCORE!

I really like that Boyd kid, we need to keep him this summer.

BTW, R.Jones is in the lineup tonight playing well against PHX. I wish him the best of luck.

Good Lord Above I Love this TEAM!

Oh, did I forget to mention I have a serious case of the red arse on them clowns in the zebra suits. Something really has to be done about these guys. They Homer up all the time for teams like Detroit and SJ. Its so bad and so obvious I scream and cuss the poor TV. Fer instance, last game when they called everything in the book on Patty HornQ. Cheap half arsed no call calls. It was like, "No Tootoo? OK, Horny gets it tonight." I'm glad Horny hasn't got a hot head and takes it out on the other team instead. He's got more patience than I ever would.

EDM just tied up PHX! Go OIL! EDM going on the PP!

I'll introduce myself in the Southern Hospitality thread in a bit. Long time Lurker...

Wine Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Que Sera Sera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine Cups View Post
That was one hell of a game!!! I slept till 4:30pm but thanks to Center Ice and Tivo I got to see it all and FF the commercials.

The Weber goal was fantastic! He shoots once, one guy limps off. He shoots another time, hits a guy in the skates. OUCH! He shoots a third time and EVERYbody with a brain runs and ducks...SCORE!

I really like that Boyd kid, we need to keep him this summer.

BTW, R.Jones is in the lineup tonight playing well against PHX. I wish him the best of luck.

Good Lord Above I Love this TEAM!

Oh, did I forget to mention I have a serious case of the red arse on them clowns in the zebra suits. Something really has to be done about these guys. They Homer up all the time for teams like Detroit and SJ. Its so bad and so obvious I scream and cuss the poor TV. Fer instance, last game when they called everything in the book on Patty HornQ. Cheap half arsed no call calls. It was like, "No Tootoo? OK, Horny gets it tonight." I'm glad Horny hasn't got a hot head and takes it out on the other team instead. He's got more patience than I ever would.

EDM just tied up PHX! Go OIL! EDM going on the PP!

I'll introduce myself in the Southern Hospitality thread in a bit. Long time Lurker...
Let me be the first to say WELCOME.

Old
04-04-2010, 01:03 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine Cups View Post
Welcome to the community!!! I too was a long-time lurker and didn't actually join the boards until well after a year of reading regularly...looking forward to getting more lurkers as regular posters as the playoffs approach!

Old
04-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Seth Lake

BTW, in sticking with tradition...since the Predators were victorious today...PredChef gets to start the next GDT!!! Unless PredChef declines the honor for whatever reason, any other GDT posted prior to 12 noon on the game day will be deleted...

Old
04-04-2010, 01:08 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Wine Cups: Welcome aboard!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 01:09 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Even if you’re not into hockey, this is a team you can appreciate. Through it all — low payroll, injuries, questions about ownership stability — the Predators stayed the course.

They started the season 2-5-1 and everybody seemed prepared for the worst. Game by game, they righted the ship. And over the last month, they have played as well as any team in the NHL.

Like veteran forward Steve Sullivan said last week: “Nobody around here is making any excuses.” Indeed, they pass the puck, not the buck.
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...the+postseason

I very nice column from David Climer this afternoon celebrating the Predators fifth playoff berth in franchise history!!!

Old
04-04-2010, 01:13 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...the+postseason

I very nice column from David Climer this afternoon celebrating the Predators fifth playoff berth in franchise history!!!
Nice article but he jinxed us, we won't finish 5th for sure now

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 01:16 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Nice article but he jinxed us, we won't finish 5th for sure now
Yeah, and that line about "playing as well as any team in the league..."

Well, we actually do have the best record in the NHL since the Break!!!

Old
04-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Seth Lake

Oh yeah, before I forget...

Congrats to Coach Trotz on his 900th game behind the bench of the Predators!!! Seriously...for a coach of an expansion team...that's one heck of a streak he has going...just ask Crispy!!!

Old
04-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Que Sera Sera

Congrats Barry!