Notices

Game 79: @ St. Louis, 4/03

Old
04-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Alistar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
It was foolish to think this team could ever win three games in succession.
hey, they still have 3 games left

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Kritter471

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Some thoughts from in person at Scottrade -

Neal has come around a ton since the last game I saw in person (first out of the Olympic break), but he is taking over the Eriksson award, formerly Ott award, of most golden opportunities missed. Eriksson just looked tired.

Niskanen is even more hesitant in person and puts his teammates in bad spots by the passes he makes. He's constantly giving it to guys with a forechecker running up their back.

Fistric was very good until he got injured. Grossman was... not. My friend who went with me, who has never been to a hockey game before, said "No. 2 is really big, but he doesn't hit a lot." He was the spinning top on the game-winner, covering no one and not allowing Lehtonen to move across the crease, though that play was a cluster from the time they started scrambling.

Daley, on the other hand, wasn't bad. I really like how he's starting to activate in the offensive zone, even if the finish isn't quite there yet. He's starting to act like he knows what he's doing carrying the puck.

None of the Stars other than Ribeiro and sometimes Modano are willing or possibly able to skate into the offensive zone and set up the attack. It's a frustrating combination of dumb, chip it off a body, try to skate through four guys and turn it over and accidentally sending it into someone's skate.

Lehtinen and Modano are still really good. Benn was also very good.

Chris Lee is a terrible ref. I had no idea what would be called on either team because he let muggings go and called arm-clamp-down hooks.

Piqued - the "two-line pass" was actually intentional offsides.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote