HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

God of War III Thread

Old
03-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Zodiac

vCash: 500
in defense of the button mashing complaint ...all games of this type are essentially button mashers ...Bayonetta included.

the thing is ...its up to you with how complex and interesting you want to make the combat with all games of this type. you can keep it simple ...which dulls down the combat but makes it more accessable for all players (see casuals) ...or you can really mix it up, and this god of war is the best in the series for being able to mix the combat up. i love how you can keep a combo going by pulling an enemy towards you, who would be otherwise way out of range, with your chains. i also liked how quick you could switch between weapons in mid combo to really mix things up.

so really, almost all games of this type 'the button masher' can get more complex and interesting or it can stay simple and dull ...but it's up to the player to do so.

in my opinion the king of combat is still Ninja Gaiden 2.

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Mister Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
This may seem lame, considering how many people out there have already beat the game but I'm stuck on Hades and can't seem to make any progress. I spent a solid hour on him last night to no avail, I continuously make it past the 2nd prompt and then he keeps sending the cerebruses and chain arms at me and ive got no time to attack him. Any suggestions?
Which part of the fight are you at, the first or the second?

Mister Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

Quick question: I missed Zeus' Eagle at the beginning of the game, can I still get the godly artifacts trophy if I just go back and get it after beating it, or do I have to get them all in one play through?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
in my opinion the king of combat is still Ninja Gaiden 2.
Yeah, I think that game has the best combat system ever. I was so proud of myself when I beat Master Ninja, ha ha.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2010, 04:00 AM
Oilbender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
Quick question: I missed Zeus' Eagle at the beginning of the game, can I still get the godly artifacts trophy if I just go back and get it after beating it, or do I have to get them all in one play through?
Nope you can still get it, just pick'er up right when you start a new one.

Spoil:
Right near the end of the game while you are in Gaia's heart chamber there is another chance to get it before fighting Zeus.

Oilbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Just got this game today, or yesterday I should say. I just smashed Helios' head in.

The battle with Hades is amazing.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Just beat this game. Well, before the habs game. I'm "hopefully" going to try and sell it for 40 bucks. It's still practically new...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Just beat this game. Well, before the habs game. I'm "hopefully" going to try and sell it for 40 bucks. It's still practically new...
I hate that, buy a game for 55-60 bucks, beat it, sell it to EB 2 days later for 40....EB sells it for 55 the next day. What a scam.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote