HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Gormley "Locker room discord"

Old
04-04-2010, 11:08 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
^Larry Brooks also mentioned a riff between the young (*Richards*) and old (*Forsberg*) a few years back, IIRC. The Oakland A's won three straight World Series with players supposedly threatening to kill each other. Pronger and Richards fared pretty well at the Olympics. The team's offensive woes are just that offensive, not because of tumult in the dressing room. Funny, those stories seem to have subsided prior to the Olympic break when the team was winning.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:09 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
if you say so. Sorry it bothers me when i see a captain of the team i follow say such a silly comment. If he doesnt want to talk then tell them to piss off. Dont say i am not going first. Thats BS coming from a supposed leader. Sorry not buying any media agenda inthis instance. That is a cope out as well
...Tell them to piss off and then they bash him even more, making the situation even worse. Basically Richards has a huge uphill battle with Philadelphia media. He is on their bad side and they see a huge blow up waiting to happen. They (media) don't care about the team, they care about the stories.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:13 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Laviolette is still 100% behind Richards So I don't give a **** what the media thinks

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:14 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Laviolette is still 100% behind Richards So I don't give a **** what the media thinks
This.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:14 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I wouldn't buy that either. I think the locker room dramatics were there in some form, but nothing extreme or serious. Things like Cote's divorce and Hartnell's problems come to mind. Those kinds of things are going to be there for every team every season in some form or another.

What this is all a sign of, is people not knowing who/what to blame for the team being this way.

It's the same theory from ancient civilizations: "We don't know what that big fiery ball in the sky that brings us light is, so we'll call it god because it's not tangible."

The problems on this team are very tangible. The Flyers need a steady goalie that they are confident in, are comfortable with, and can call their own. The records for Boucher and every other goalie that played here this season are such a stark indication of that fact that it's scary.
Wtf? No more Holly Cote?

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:15 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
^Larry Brooks also mentioned a riff between the young (*Richards*) and old (*Forsberg*) a few years back, IIRC. The Oakland A's won three straight World Series with players supposedly threatening to kill each other. Pronger and Richards fared pretty well at the Olympics. The team's offensive woes are just that offensive, not because of tumult in the dressing room. Funny, those stories seem to have subsided prior to the Olympic break when the team was winning.
Word.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:15 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Wtf? No more Holly Cote?
I'm not entirely sure about that. I don't keep up with the players' love lives. I just heard it on here.

Old
04-04-2010, 11:16 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Wtf? No more Holly Cote?
Supposedly on Cote's facebook his status was "Me and Holly are going through some hard times, please give us the courtesy of privacy" or something like that.

Old
04-04-2010, 11:16 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
I'm not entirely sure about that. I don't keep up with the players' love lives. I just heard it on here.
**** that, we need Holly Cote, especially in times like these, don't do it Riley.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Scoopyten

Quote:
**** that, we need Holly Cote, especially in times like these, don't do it Riley.
They are done. I believe they filed for it following the Carnival

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:18 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Let's try to avoid innuendo about private lives. Some are documented and some are not. Unless there is a credible source for such talk (like the Philly.com December article concerning Hartnell, Carter, etc.) it's best left alone.

Old
04-04-2010, 11:20 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Is Cote's Facebook page legit?

Old
04-04-2010, 11:21 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Let's try to avoid innuendo about private lives. Some are documented and some are not. Unless there is a credible source for such talk (like the Philly.com December article concerning Hartnell, Carter, etc.) it's best left alone.
No disrespect to you, but I never understood why we aren't allowed to discuss things like this. As much as you can argue it's ridiculous to talk about players personal lives and its intrusive or whatever, it seriously does effect the game. If a player is going through trouble in his life, it effects his play. As a fan, I'd like to know why a players play is being effected. Human curiosity? Maybe.

Quote:
As far as I know, yes. I can't find the post where someone quoted it, but I do remember it.

Old
04-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Clown Baby

Gormley backed by Brooks. Throw Garrioch into the mix, and we've got ourselves a party.

Seriously tho. Until Metzler pipes up, these turds have nothing.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
I wouldn't care if Richards whipped his junk out and peed on the media. Talking to those morons-Carchidi and Gormley-is probably more painful than reading them.
I would PREFER it if he did this.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
yes this is legit. Holly and Riley are on the outs . . . as are two other players. It is not documented anywhere so I will just let you guys think who it might be.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Yes, it is.

Old
04-04-2010, 11:24 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
No disrespect to you, but I never understood why we aren't allowed to discuss things like this. As much as you can argue it's ridiculous to talk about players personal lives and its intrusive or whatever, it seriously does effect the game. If a player is going through trouble in his life, it effects his play. As a fan, I'd like to know why a players play is being effected. Human curiosity? Maybe.

As far as I know, yes. I can't find the post where someone quoted it, but I do remember it.
I understand where you're coming from, but I agree with the rules. The players lives are their own lives. Would you like it if someone who knew minor details about your life just started making assumptions based on what little they knew right here for everyone to see?

I know I wouldn't, so I think it's best if we let their lives stay their lives.

It's a reason why I don't consider ESPN credible sports reporting, I consider MTV the downfall of human society, and I hate people that talk about celebrity gossip.

Old
04-04-2010, 11:25 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post

We can discuss it if it is documented. But if it is hearsay, it can become damaging. That's why I mentioned the Philly.com article ( http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...nd_Carter.html ) . If Cote mentioned his personal life on his Facebook page, then that is a different matter -- assuming it is his page.

Old
04-04-2010, 11:26 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Regardless of what the Media is feeding us, I still think Richards is being a *****. Man up *****, your the captain of the Philadelphia Flyers. Play like it.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:27 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

OK, if the Facebook page is legit, unless an admin deems otherwise, discussion is allowed.

Old
04-04-2010, 11:41 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
We can discuss it if it is documented. But if it is hearsay, it can become damaging. That's why I mentioned the Philly.com article ( http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...nd_Carter.html ) . If Cote mentioned his personal life on his Facebook page, then that is a different matter -- assuming it is his page.

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from, but I agree with the rules. The players lives are their own lives. Would you like it if someone who knew minor details about your life just started making assumptions based on what little they knew right here for everyone to see?

I know I wouldn't, so I think it's best if we let their lives stay their lives.

It's a reason why I don't consider ESPN credible sports reporting, I consider MTV the downfall of human society, and I hate people that talk about celebrity gossip.
Understandable.

The thing about us knowing the details of their life, it comes with the job. Athletes and celebrities should know that they make so much money because so many people are interested in what they do. If you don't want people following your life, find a new job.

Old
04-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Regardless of what the Media is feeding us, I still think Richards is being a *****. Man up *****, your the captain of the Philadelphia Flyers. Play like it.
Yeah, like when Peter Forsberg didn't want to participate in the shootout when he was captain.

Old
04-04-2010, 11:50 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
Yeah, like when Peter Forsberg didn't want to participate in the shootout when he was captain.
Sweeet burn?

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Sweeet burn?

No, just a bad joke on my part