HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 78 | Nashville Predators @ Detroit Red Wings | 2:00 PM EST | FS-D (HD) |

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Sadekuuro

vCash: 500
Damn, this turned into quite the catfight Look, the Preds executed their game plan perfectly and deserved the W, but does anyone really think that was Detroit at their best? You could count on one hand the number of times they completed more than two passes in a row. A precision passing game is a potent weapon against a stack-the-blue-line defensive scheme, but we barely saw a trace of it today.

And yes Midnight Oil that is pretty lame-o that someone would act the fool that way... but people suck, what are you gonna do? Not indicative of the fan base as a whole.

Old
04-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Snepsts View Post
I don't mean to be testy, I generally like having good natured fans of other teams in a thread to provide some outside perspective. It's just a little irritating when you guys show up at the end of the thread after a loss, where our posts are generally going to be of the most reactionary nature, and fans of opposing teams are generally showing up just to gloat.

If you read through most GDT's here, you'll see (probably like most fans are) we're generally harder on our players than opposing fans could ever be. But when someone from another team comes in, then the chest thumping begins and any real hockey talk breaks down.
You're quite right; I'll back off. Maybe see you in the playoffs.

Old
04-04-2010, 06:06 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Well, this is nice. The opposing teams' fans come to OUR GDT after a loss to gloat, 'defend' their team's win and criticize about our reactions to a loss. Too bad they aren't like Canucks fans who take it on the chin, say "good game" and move on. They feel they need to pick a fight with us about our thoughts on the game. pathetic.

Midnight Oil. Sorry you were offended by the fan at the Joe, but calling the city that most of the people on this board live in, a **** hole is just a cheapshot. Remember some of these guys responded politely to your thread about finding a jersey before the game. But you have a lot of time to learn etiquette, you're only fourteen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
I'm not even sure what you guys were arguing about
That's a real useful post. All you had to do was scroll up a bit and you would know. lol

Now to this guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
If the Wings win out, they cannot match the number of wins the Preds have this season. The Wings are tied for the league lead in OTLs (aka "loser points") with such stellar teams as Toronto and Dallas. Sadly for the followers of the winged wheel, this isn't the first time the Preds have won more games than the Wings ... it's is a trend you need to get used to.
Once about, what, two or three years ago? What a trend! How about we take your 9 strongest players out of the team for a while and see how many W's you get.

We cannot match the Pred's number of wins? Oh well, at least we can overtake them with our two games in hand, right?

Quote:
The Wings have had a great run for about two decades
Yeah, it's pretty awesome to make the playoffs for 20 years in row. How did we get so lucky?

Quote:
(I wont mention the three decades prior for the fans who have no clue about the Dead Thing era or poor attendance at the Joe and Olympia),
So because or team were absolute **** before the 90's, we should stop supporting them. Fans who weren't even born in the 1980's don't even care. It's history, why bring it up now?

Quote:
but the run of dominance is over.
Is that right? Well, I say we will be invaded by aliens in two years. I know there is no relation, but I thought I would make a idiotic statement too.

Quote:
A team at the bottom of the cap is out scoring the Wings at even strength ... able to go toe to toe with the Wings ... putting up a better record within the division ... all on a shoestring budget.
So? Money means glory? Do you know the soccer team Real Madrid? They were eliminated from the Copa del Rey from bottom feeders two divisions down, does that mean Madrid's run of dominance is over?

How many AHL call-ups have you had to make during the season. We needed to bring up 4, sometimes all at once (Ritola, Kindl, Janik and Newbury). Abdelkader and Miller were playing on the second line, and our main goal-scorers (like Zetterberg and Franzen) were out injured. You'd think we would struggle with goals no? If I'm not wrong we gave up like five or six shutouts this season to the likes of Conklin and Steve Mason. But after all these injuries we are still 2 points behind the Predators with two games in hand. hmmm, maybe the Predators are as good as a Wings team that are missing 9 starters?

Quote:
99 total shot attempts in a slowed down, boring game.
Yup, it was a real boring game. Unfortunately we didn't bring it.

Quote:
Then again, didn't the Wings just blow a four goal lead against the worst team in the conference this week? Maybe I should look back at the excuses for that game.
How about you do read that GDT. I made it and posted throughout the game. The excuse was nothing against Edmonton. We had a horrible third period and they scored goals in quick succession, because we stepped off the gas and played some horrible hockey. Who did we blame? The Wings. So, **** if you don't know what you are talking about.

Quote:
The chinks in the armor are starting to show. Only time will tell how Babcock and Holland move to fix them.
Chinks in the armor? So we have been unbeatable the past 20 years? We have won 20 Stanley Cups? Every team has chinks in the armor. Nashville does, Detroit definitely has them, so do the other 28 ****ing teams. There isn't one team in this league that doesn't have a chink in their armor. Dramatic much?

Babcock and Holland know what they are doing. We trust them. We don't have 1st overall picks like Pittsburgh and Washington, but we have an excellent development program and some strong prospects which we can work with. I'm not worried. There is no reason you should.

Old
04-04-2010, 06:27 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
I don't know...if you find it so boring WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING ON THIS GDT THEN???

How do WE sound desperate. You fans are coming on OUR GDT and criticizing OUR comments about our team. If you want to make some constructive comments or something, you are more than welcome, but don't embarrass yourself with these useless comments.
Take a chill pill, do you always get this angry over criticism in a GDT?

Funny thing too is the ones chirping off after the game (101 aside) are not only fairly new to HFboards but Midnight himself has only recently started supporting the Preds. I give him kudos for having the balls to go into the Joe and support the Preds vocally. I cringe when I see some of the things he types in your GDT but then again he is 14. Not sure how old Inglorius is.

I thought it was a good game. Big hits back and forth, good scoring chances both ways. Wasn't too happy with Pekka's play, that first goal he was way out of position for the shot. As for Howard, he looked damn good, will be interesting to see if he can step it up for the playoffs, although wanting to know how Rinne will do for us in that same regard as well.

Understood about your guys missing so many scorers, but it's not as if we are juggernauts of scoring ourselves.

Still a lot of games to be played and positions to change, but in fact I'd be happy if you guys take over 5th. I'd love nothing more than for the Preds to face the Canucks, that would be an awesome series as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers, hopefully we meet up again soon

Old
04-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post

Funny thing too is the ones chirping off after the game (101 aside) are not only fairly new to HFboards but Midnight himself has only recently started supporting the Preds. I give him kudos for having the balls to go into the Joe and support the Preds vocally. I cringe when I see some of the things he types in your GDT but then again he is 14. Not sure how old Inglorius is.

I thought it was a good game. Big hits back and forth, good scoring chances both ways. Wasn't too happy with Pekka's play, that first goal he was way out of position for the shot. As for Howard, he looked damn good, will be interesting to see if he can step it up for the playoffs, although wanting to know how Rinne will do for us in that same regard as well.

Understood about your guys missing so many scorers, but it's not as if we are juggernauts of scoring ourselves.

Still a lot of games to be played and positions to change, but in fact I'd be happy if you guys take over 5th. I'd love nothing more than for the Preds to face the Canucks, that would be an awesome series as far as I'm concerned.

where were you guys last time Wings beat you, we missed you.

Old
04-04-2010, 07:56 AM
ESunlin

Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
I don't know...if you find it so boring WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING ON THIS GDT THEN???

How do WE sound desperate. You fans are coming on OUR GDT and criticizing OUR comments about our team. If you want to make some constructive comments or something, you are more than welcome, but don't embarrass yourself with these useless comments.
Ditto, ditto, ditto.

It really is pretty pathetic.... If they played so well during the game (not squeaked it out), why didn't y'all show up sooner if you were so confident in them??

Please, it really is time to evaluate what you are doing. How would you feel if our fans showed up on your GDT after a loss and bombarded you while you were still pissed? Grow up, show some maturity and class, and be respectful.

Old
04-04-2010, 07:57 AM
ESunlin

Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemack View Post
where were you guys last time Wings beat you, we missed you.
Doing what they always do after a loss- staying on their own board. They aren't so brilliant then.

Old
04-04-2010, 08:31 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post

Look, I only get angry when people like IngloriusBuzzards post useless posts like that. Your post is exactly what I'm looking for. Some interesting points and some views from a fan from another team. I have nothing against that. But your fellow fans are just crossing the line. I don't know anyone else who goes to the other team's GDT after a win and start gloating or criticizing about the team's city, fans or history. It's pathetic. You can comment about the game (keeping it civil). That's the point of a GDT, discuss the game, nothing else.

Old
04-04-2010, 10:01 AM
14ari13

The Win would be better here than the point, but we have to move on and try to get 2 points vs the Flyers. It is not too bad, they are one of the hottest teams in the league and we are also one of the hottest. We've won many games lately, so we were overdue to one bad game, Howard too.

Go Wings!!!

Old
04-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
I think its time to move on and start talking about tonights game.. This kinda went downhill in a hurry

Old
04-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Fugu

vCash:
The Jamison 56
PocketGnome 42
SoupGuru 42
Harold Snepsts 34
ESunlin 34
wings1421 27
jaster 22
iRep TheWingedWheel 17