HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gormley "Locker room discord"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-04-2010, 01:16 PM
  #51
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Regardless of what the Media is feeding us, I still think Richards is being a *****. Man up *****, your the captain of the Philadelphia Flyers. Play like it.
Did you even watch the Habs game? Richards played awesome, along with JVR. They just cpouldn't finish. They each had like 6 shots

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 01:22 PM
  #52
JCameron418
Registered User
 
JCameron418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,448
vCash: 500
Give Carcillo the "C"

Team unites around him.
Team Scores 6 goals a game.
Boucher is inspired and shuts out every team in the playoffs.
Flyers win the cup.
Wachovia Center is renamed the "Carcillo House of Pain"

It's simple...

JCameron418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 01:22 PM
  #53
whatthef
Failure is an Option
 
whatthef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Upper Darby
Country: United States
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
Why is this even a thread?

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 01:25 PM
  #54
MsConduct11
 
MsConduct11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Did you even watch the Habs game? Richards played awesome, along with JVR. They just cpouldn't finish. They each had like 6 shots
I do not get what more that man can do?! If he was laying down ya whatever blast him, but hes the one guy out there playing his ass off every freakin game, injured or not injured. some ****ing fans need to watch the games instead of just jumping on whatever ship the media has built.

MsConduct11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 01:48 PM
  #55
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,149
vCash: 500
Isn't the captain supposed to be the face of the franchise? If so, shouldn't he always be the first guy to face the press? As well, when they were asking questions about the whole Old Town Crew, I don't think they asked anything out of the norm.

Sometimes, as captain and as face of the franchise, it's going to involve swallowing some crap every now and again. However, if Richards truly wants to be a leader for this team, he's got to suck it up and answer when the bell calls, even if he's not up to task.

And when you consider that during his time as a Flyer that Richards has thrown Hitch and Holmgren under a bus, maybe he does deserve a little heat thrown his way. I think he's getting it easier from the press than what Lindros got.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:25 PM
  #56
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Did you even watch the Habs game? Richards played awesome, along with JVR. They just cpouldn't finish. They each had like 6 shots
What does this have to do with what he said? I dont see the correlation. His lay is not what is being discussed.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:26 PM
  #57
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
What does this have to do with what he said? I dont see the correlation. His lay is not what is being discussed.
Richards is a lead by example kind of guy, his playing style is a major part of his leadership.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:27 PM
  #58
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
What does this have to do with what he said? I dont see the correlation. His lay is not what is being discussed.
Here is the last words in his post:

Quote:
Play like it

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:32 PM
  #59
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Here is the last words in his post:
Got it, what i meant was what richards said. It wasnt about his play. I hope Pronger again leaves early and leaves the captain to answer, as he should. Assuming they win it probably wont be a big deal though

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:33 PM
  #60
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Richards is a lead by example kind of guy, his playing style is a major part of his leadership.
lol. Wonder if he says that when their out and about?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:39 PM
  #61
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
if you say so. Sorry it bothers me when i see a captain of the team i follow say such a silly comment. If he doesnt want to talk then tell them to piss off. Dont say i am not going first. Thats BS coming from a supposed leader. Sorry not buying any media agenda inthis instance. That is a cope out as well
That is a retarded comment.

Saying "I'm not going first" is telling the media to piss off.

But he realizes as Captain he has to say SOMETHING. It's strategic on his part, his way of sticking it to these guys without ignoring his responsibilities. Too much is made of the Captaincy anyway. Richards is not the reason the Flyers suck. They let in soft goals and fail to score in the clutch.

Keep blaming Richards like an idiot. See where that gets you.

On the ice, Richards is one of the most vocal players we have. PERIOD.

He acts like a Captain on the ice, whether or not he talks to those idiot reporters means nothing to me.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:46 PM
  #62
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
That is a retarded comment.

Saying "I'm not going first" is telling the media to piss off.

But he realizes as Captain he has to say SOMETHING. It's strategic on his part, his way of sticking it to these guys without ignoring his responsibilities. Too much is made of the Captaincy anyway. Richards is not the reason the Flyers suck. They let in soft goals and fail to score in the clutch.

Keep blaming Richards like an idiot. See where that gets you.

On the ice, Richards is one of the most vocal players we have. PERIOD.

He acts like a Captain on the ice, whether or not he talks to those idiot reporters means nothing to me.
In your opinion it is telling them to piss off. Not mine. It was pathetic repsonse. Period. Richards should be blameless as always. He bears no responsibility at all.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:49 PM
  #63
MsConduct11
 
MsConduct11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
That is a retarded comment.

Saying "I'm not going first" is telling the media to piss off.

But he realizes as Captain he has to say SOMETHING. It's strategic on his part, his way of sticking it to these guys without ignoring his responsibilities. Too much is made of the Captaincy anyway. Richards is not the reason the Flyers suck. They let in soft goals and fail to score in the clutch.

Keep blaming Richards like an idiot. See where that gets you.

On the ice, Richards is one of the most vocal players we have. PERIOD.

He acts like a Captain on the ice, whether or not he talks to those idiot reporters means nothing to me.

THIS....nothing else needs to be said.

MsConduct11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:50 PM
  #64
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
In your opinion it is telling them to piss off. Not mine. It was pathetic repsonse. Period. Richards should be blameless as always. He bears no responsibility at all.
Are you kidding? He is constantly under fire by retards like you and the media.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:53 PM
  #65
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Are you kidding? He is constantly under fire by retards like you and the media.
Under fire, are you kidding. The media are *****cats when it comes to hockey. He has had an easy ride really. So they asked him a few tough questions he didnt like, big deal. Goes with the territory. Suck it up and stop acting like a littlel whiny girl. Reatrds like me, ok fanboy. You wearing your richards jersey this afternoon?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:55 PM
  #66
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Under fire, are you kidding. The media are *****cats when it comes to hockey. He has had an easy ride really. So they asked him a few tough questions he didnt like, big deal. Goes with the territory. Suck it up and stop acting like a littlel whiny girl. Reatrds like me, ok fanboy. You wearing your richards jersey this afternoon?
I'm not going to argue with you. It's clear that 99% of the members here are opposed to your opinion. Have fun being uneducated. The Flyers aren't playing well and you need someone to blame, just like the media you blame the captain. You are taking a small quote and blowing it so ridiculously out of proportion.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:55 PM
  #67
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsConduct11 View Post
THIS....nothing else needs to be said.
Thats why this team has been so inconsistent since he has been cpatain. Then again that isnt any of his responsibility right. I mean he thinks it is only 1 game when they fold like a house of cards and the urgency is always there right?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:56 PM
  #68
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
I'm not going to argue with you. It's clear that 99% of the members here are opposed to your opinion. Have fun being uneducated. The Flyers aren't playing well and you need someone to blame, just like the media you blame the captain. You are taking a small quote and blowing it so ridiculously out of proportion.
oh my 99% are opposed to my opinion, how terrible. Uneducated, got it. There is plenty to blame and richards is part of the blame fanboy. So accpet that.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 02:59 PM
  #69
MsConduct11
 
MsConduct11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Thats why this team has been so inconsistent since he has been cpatain. Then again that isnt any of his responsibility right. I mean he thinks it is only 1 game when they fold like a house of cards and the urgency is always there right?
are you kidding me? do you NEVER watch the games? do you really think he honestly thinks its "only 1 game" do you not see the look on this guys face when they lose? it looks like he just watched a family member die. this post is completely ludacris. when YOUR in the locker room seeing what goes on then you can open your yap about how good or bad of a captain he is. until then i'm going to take the coach, GM's, managements and the players (past and present) word for it that he is a damn good captain and not only leads on the ice but in the locker room as well.

people like you make the rest of us look bad, watch the games instead of reading ******** newstories by a bunch of bush league reporters who have about as much of a clue about this team as you do, which is NOT MUCH.

that is all.


Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-04-2010 at 06:20 PM.
MsConduct11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 03:02 PM
  #70
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsConduct11 View Post
are you kidding me? do you NEVER watch the games? do you really think he honestly thinks its "only 1 game" do you not see the look on this guys face when they lose? it looks like he just watched a family member die. this post is completely ludacris. when YOUR in the locker room seeing what goes on then you can open your yap about how good or bad of a captain he is. until then i'm going to take the coach, GM's, managements and the players (past and present) word for it that he is a damn good captain and not only leads on the ice but in the locker room as well.
people like you make the rest of us look bad, watch the games instead of reading ******** newstories by a bunch of bush league reporters who have about as much of a clue about this team as you do, which is NOT MUCH.

that is all.
no fanboy you make yourself look bad all on your own. You need no help. Raise a toast to richie the fearless leader who did a great job today getting the troops ready. I have forgotten more about hockey than you will ever know fanboy. Now go eat your easter ham then go back to your room to enjoy the rest of the day.


Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-04-2010 at 06:21 PM.
jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 06:18 PM
  #71
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 41,914
vCash: 1553
http://www.csnphilly.com/04/04/10/Fl...765&feedID=695

Quote:
That’s why he was unaware of Larry Brooks’ Sunday NHL notebook in the New York Post that quoted two general managers anonymously saying Pronger is a “problem” in the Flyers’ dressing room.

When asked what he thought of the story, Pronger replied, “I can imagine what it is, because he [Brooks] said the same thing about me in St. Louis.

“He likes to stir the pot. He’s good at it. I don’t take credence to anything that comes from people like that’s mouth.”

The issue in the Flyers’ dressing room is the same now as it was at the start of the season. Many of the younger Flyers don’t appreciate Pronger’s abrasive criticisms about what it takes to win and prefer the more honey-coated approach by team captain Mike Richards.

Pronger has won a Stanley Cup, and you need to recall what general manager Paul Holmgren said about his coming here last summer: that he expected Pronger wouldn’t tolerate mediocrity, and that his defenseman would be quick to rattle his Sabre when things went awry and wouldn’t be afraid to do it vocally behind closed doors.

You don’t win a Cup without hard-***** in the dressing room.

Ask Penguins GM Ray Shero why he brought Bill Guerin in for Sidney Crosby. It’s because Guerin had won a Cup and offered a no-nonsense approach to winning that would counter-balance a young captain (like Richards) that hadn’t won a Cup – and maybe had a softer way of getting his point across in the dressing room.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 06:25 PM
  #72
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Man some players are ****ing ******* now a days. Man up, and do your job.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 06:38 PM
  #73
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,647
vCash: 500
It's amazing how some of these guys keep their jobs spewing this horrible "coverage". Its clear as day that these guys hold vendettas against guys who aren't good with the media, and push their agenda way too far. Just look at that quote about Brooks by Pronger:

Quote:
When asked what he thought of the story, Pronger replied, “I can imagine what it is, because he [Brooks] said the same thing about me in St. Louis.
I do not put it against these guys at all to just make up stuff. Its very convenient that all of the juicy information they get is always printed without a name attached to it. There is zero reason you should believe something these people print if there aren't direct quotes with names attached to them.

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 06:39 PM
  #74
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
This is exactly what I assumed was happening.

Mainly this: "Many of the younger Flyers don’t appreciate Pronger’s abrasive criticisms about what it takes to win and prefer the more honey-coated approach by team captain Mike Richards."

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 07:12 PM
  #75
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 113,851
vCash: 50
Whoever doesn't like it can leave. They are not long to win a Stanley Cup with this team.

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.