HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Game 79 l Detroit Red Wings @ Philadelphia Flyers l 12:30 p.m. on NBC

Old
04-04-2010, 04:58 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings1421 View Post
just to confirm, darren helm did break his nose on a high hit by Laperriere in the first shift of the game

http://freep.com/article/20100404/BL...th-broken-nose
Oh, you mean the hit where Lappy jumped up and led with his elbow? Just before the play where Richards jumped into Datsyuk?

I cannot believe nothing was called on either of those plays. Absolutely ridiculous.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 05:06 PM
GuloGulo

Game result = bad. But we clinched today, so it's pretty irrelevant in the big scheme of things. Amazing that this team pulled it through, given the rubbish start of the season. I was totally unsure myself if they had the heroics to pull the season off.. and they did.

Welcoming Phoenix and the Kings back in the playoff circus too!

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPGUN View Post
What the ****! I thought the game started at 3:00!

Blame Fugu, E-bunny...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=688058

It's been a rough week for sure, GDT wise
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPGUN View Post
@ Shoalzie

CRAP!! I'm really sorry mate. All that work gone to waste (luckily you posted the pictures)

I was really under the impression that the game started at 3:00. I checked Fugu thread, won’t do that again!

Oh, so the thread is good for the entire year until friggin' NBC and the NHL mess things up--- and then it's my fault? Talk about ungrateful.

Tis not my fault. That was the official TV schedule.

Old
04-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Fugu

vCash:
I say Soup Guru wins this thread because E-bunny was just posting personal stuff with Shoalz and TG for the first half of the thread (and did not remind TG that those were official TV schedules and therefore NOT my fault).

ESunlin 50
SoupGuru 38
14ari13 34
YzermanWings19 24
zetterberg40 22
Harold Snepsts 22
wings1421 10
NYRfan89 7
ZDH 7
Panopticon 6
Shoalzie 6
f1seb 6

Old
04-04-2010, 09:10 PM
ESunlin

Send a message via MSN to ESunlin Send a message via Yahoo to ESunlin
Hmph. That's the love I get for this great GDT??

Sheesh. Even if you took those out, I'd still win.

Plus, the family is home now, and damn it, I want to win. I'm pretty depressed they are home now too... Already my clean house is messy, it's loud, and it's making the dogs crazy. *sigh* I burst into tears when I got home from work because I like living on my own.

edit: Don't blame because you didn't get the time right!! I was here on time!

ESunlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Reality Check

I'm just glad Howard finally got a breather.

Making the playoffs this year is a success in itself.

Anything after that = gravy

Reality Check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 10:54 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Last 2 games looked really bad to me, like playoff games from 06 or 03. Other team clogs up the ice and punches the Wings in the mouth repeatedly, and the Wings can't get anything going. The fact that they almost won anyway speaks to how lousy Philly is, especially Boucher.

That's gonna be the blueprint, no question about it. The Wings are going to be at the mercy of the refs for a lot of this in the playoffs, because if you're getting interfered with, punched and elbowed in the face, and slashed hard on the wrists every shift, and the refs are swallowing the whistles, well, just about any team in that spot is going to lose and that includes this one.

Posted my thoughts on Ozzie in the Ozzie Sucks thread, so there's no need to cross-post here.

Team looked like a bunch of Florence Nightengales out there for way too much of this one. Might want to think about covering the slot - even Arron Asham can score if you give him a tap-in from 5 feet out with nobody within 20 feet of him.

Datsyuk, Helm, and Cleary were the only guys that should feel even remotely good about their performances after this one. It's going to take a lot more than that to get out of the 1st round. Better get it in gear.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2010, 11:05 PM
SoupGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Last 2 games looked really bad to me, like playoff games from 06 or 03. Other team clogs up the ice and punches the Wings in the mouth repeatedly, and the Wings can't get anything going. The fact that they almost won anyway speaks to how lousy Philly is, especially Boucher.

That's gonna be the blueprint, no question about it. The Wings are going to be at the mercy of the refs for a lot of this in the playoffs, because if you're getting interfered with, punched and elbowed in the face, and slashed hard on the wrists every shift, and the refs are swallowing the whistles, well, just about any team in that spot is going to lose and that includes this one.

Posted my thoughts on Ozzie in the Ozzie Sucks thread, so there's no need to cross-post here.

Team looked like a bunch of Florence Nightengales out there for way too much of this one. Might want to think about covering the slot - even Arron Asham can score if you give him a tap-in from 5 feet out with nobody within 20 feet of him.

Datsyuk, Helm, and Cleary were the only guys that should feel even remotely good about their performances after this one. It's going to take a lot more than that to get out of the 1st round. Better get it in gear.
If Ozzie makes that first save, the game looks different.

That's the problem with the Wings, they'll play tight hockey for 19 minutes a period and then blow coverage or let a guy sneak in back door or not clear the puck and they give goals away. I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed mistakes or that the goalie shouldn't be asked to bail out his teammates, but we need to tighten up in our own zone.

I don't think this was a horrible loss for the Wings. I liked their effort considering the physical play and the lack of whistles. I didn't like a few moments when our D lapsed, though.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 06:28 AM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

Well, we still made the playoffs. It sucked watching that game yesterday. NBC broadcast, Pierre and Mike and then the goon style of the Flyers. I just felt sick of the whole thing, lethargic is more like it.

We can still get 5th place. Nashville just have to lose one game in regulation or OT/SO and we have to win the rest of our games. Otherwise, LA could tie points with us and we drop down to 7th and play the Hawks. I prefer Phoenix tbh.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 06:58 AM
14ari13

I did not see the game, but I just saw the highlights.
Man, there's no way they call Holmstrom for roughing there, it was all Carcillo, they had to give him 2 for roughing. Holmstrom did nothing.
I understand many of you got upset about that call. And Helm got his nose broken by elbow and there was no call. Fortunately this game did not mean much, though some EC teams fighting for the playoff spot would like us to win. The refs did not win this one for the Flyers, but they certainly helped a lot.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Yemack

I wouldnt worry too much right now. They need to keep honing their sword for upcoming battles but they know what's coming.

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 08:23 AM
TheOtherOne

I'm sure it was mentioned before, but I have to say congrats to Holmstrom for getting the first ever penalty for "trying to ignore Carcillo while being shoved around for 5 minutes".

TheOtherOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:15 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
I say Soup Guru wins this thread because E-bunny was just posting personal stuff with Shoalz and TG for the first half of the thread (and did not remind TG that those were official TV schedules and therefore NOT my fault).

ESunlin 50
SoupGuru 38
14ari13 34
YzermanWings19 24
zetterberg40 22
Harold Snepsts 22
wings1421 10
NYRfan89 7
ZDH 7
Panopticon 6
Shoalzie 6
f1seb 6
Top 3, not bad.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:27 PM
crashman

vCash: 1376
The Flyers play awful hockey. I can't believe the **** they got away with in this game. Got to give them credit for winning but Carcillo, Hartnell and Laperriere can all go to hell, I'm glad the Wings don't have players like them. But to be fair, Hartnell would be decent if his contract wasn't so bad...and wasn't a biter.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote