HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sean Avery

Old
04-05-2010, 08:43 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Since I know you're referring to me, I'll say this: I typically stay out of Avery related discussions, since my opinions on him are well established. I chime in when people make false statements, such as him being a 20-point player who doesn't fight. Otherwise, restating my opinion is just overkill, and tends to take things OT. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the player, and there's no sense in me contributing anything else, so long as the discussion stays withing the realm of reality.

This discussion WAS about Avery's injury, through the first 21 posts. What took it off topic? Post number 22. Who posted it? You. If you have zero interest in discussing his injury, and prefer to take pot shots at a player that you know will generate heated emotions (as you acknowledged earlier), maybe you ought to avoid posting in the thread.

You can talk all you want about how he's overrated and generates disproportionate attention, but as Tortorella said after Avery's injury, he's been arguably our best forward of late, and his loss hurts.

This thread IS about his injury, and I'd advise everyone to try to keep the comments on topic from here on out.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 09:09 AM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Since I know you're referring to me, I'll say this: I typically stay out of Avery related discussions, since my opinions on him are well established. I chime in when people make false statements, such as him being a 20-point player who doesn't fight. Otherwise, restating my opinion is just overkill, and tends to take things OT. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the player, and there's no sense in me contributing anything else, so long as the discussion stays withing the realm of reality.

This discussion WAS about Avery's injury, through the first 21 posts. What took it off topic? Post number 22. Who posted it? You. If you have zero interest in discussing his injury, and prefer to take pot shots at a player that you know will generate heated emotions (as you acknowledged earlier), maybe you ought to avoid posting in the thread.

You can talk all you want about how he's overrated and generates disproportionate attention, but as Tortorella said after Avery's injury, he's been arguably our best forward of late, and his loss hurts.

This thread IS about his injury, and I'd advise everyone to try to keep the comments on topic from here on out.
All of what you wrote is correct. I will try not to divert Avery lovefests or Redden bashfests any more.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Scooter17

So putting the nonsense about how important Avery is to this team aside, what is his latest status? What about Callahan?

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord
Quote:
John Tortorella sounds doubtful on Sean Avery returning in regular season.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Garfinkel1

****. Would have played an important role in Phili. What's Cally's status? Good to go?

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
What's Cally's status? Good to go?
Cally played yesterday, bud.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:45 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Zipay pretty much echoed this - and included Boyle as unlikely to play this weekend either.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Cally played yesterday, bud.
I missed most of that game. . . . And happy about it the way it turned out. Haha Thanks for the response.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:50 PM
OverTheCap

Dammit.

Avery was instrumental in our win the last time we played Philly. I'd feel a lot more confident if he was playing.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Chazoulay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Dammit.

Avery was instrumental in our win the last time we played Philly. I'd feel a lot more confident if he was playing.

^
what he said!

Chazoulay is offline   Reply With Quote