HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gormley "Locker room discord"

Old
04-05-2010, 09:46 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmFlyersfan View Post
The Pronger trade is a win already in many ways, without his presence the OCC Gang would have continued to run amock in the locker-room and Stevens would be employed.

Pronger and the new vets have cleared up a lot of the BS, or at least brought it to the surface to be addressed.

Under Stevens, things were already falling apart because of his favortism to the "OCC Gang", a classy like Knuble left since he could not tolerate the BS anymore.
Really, that is why Knuble left? You dont thin it was because maybe he wanted to be paid and the flyers couldnt or choose not to pay him. Nah that couldnt be it.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 09:47 AM
KaraLupin
카라

1) Richards was showing he realizes the heat the team was about to get in the post-game interviews because it was such a big game and they failed to score even 1 goal. He eventually did give an interview, in which he addressed the game and problems to a T... If you don't like the manner or tone in which he says it *aka not the pissed off Pronger voice* thats' your fault? He is keeping his cool and always thinking forward, and how to improve.

2) The leaders have been established. If you noticed on the team picture. C Richards ~ A Pronger ~ A Carter ~ A Gagne

3) They all work together and believe in the same mindset: Play hard, and win. Why would they fight about that?

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 09:51 AM
EdmFlyersfan

If you followed the situation, you would know that Knuble never gave Holmgren a chance to counter-offer, he wanted out of Philly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Really, that is why Knuble left? You dont thin it was because maybe he wanted to be paid and the flyers couldnt or choose not to pay him. Nah that couldnt be it.

EdmFlyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:00 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
If you followed the situation, you would know that Knuble never gave Holmgren a chance to counter-offer, he wanted out of Philly.
Just wondering how you absolutely know that Homer and Knuble never had a conversation about his contract....

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:02 AM
EdmFlyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Just wondering how you absolutely know that Homer and Knuble never had a conversation about his contract....
Just like I knew why Upshall and Lupul were traded, it's not rocket science. Wait until this summer, you will see much more in the papers once Flyers are eliminated/after playoffs. Homer and Co, already have an idea of the players that need to be cut from the org.

Old
04-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Just like I knew why Upshall and Lupul were traded, it's not rocket science. Wait until this summer, you will see much more in the papers once Flyers are eliminated/after playoffs. Homer and Co, already have an idea of the players that need to be cut from the org.
The only reason he didn't give Holmgren a chance to counter offer is because he spent two weeks iirc trying to hammer a deal out with Homer and realized there was just no way that the Flyers were going to be able to match.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:13 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
So what you're saying is that you don't know ****, but you can guess really well, and are confused on the definitions of fact and conjecture.

Old
04-05-2010, 11:06 AM
EdmFlyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
So what you're saying is that you don't know ****, but you can guess really well, and are confused on the definitions of fact and conjecture.

Stay classy.

Old
04-05-2010, 11:21 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

From Andy Strickland:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Andy-...-Issue/5/27444

Quote:
Interesting comments by Larry Brooks in the NY Post in regards to a few GM’s indicating Chris Pronger is an issue in the Flyers dressing room. Now this is interesting, nothing like a NHL GM popping off about another team’s player and unwilling to put their name behind it. I can think of about 28 other NHL GM’s who would raise their hand and volunteer to have Pronger come divide their locker room. He’s only one the best D-men in the history of the game. Let’s look at the history of the former Norris and Hart Trophy winner. Let’s see, the Blues fell apart after he left, as did an average Edmonton team who he led to game seven of the Stanley Cup Finals, before helping Anaheim win a Stanley cup. Now in his first year in Philly he has nearly 55 points and is a +20. I believe Brooks wrote a similar story about Pronger back in the day when he was in St. Louis. There are issues in the Philly dressing room that go beyond Chris Pronger and those closer to the situation would be able to shed more light. Can Pronger be hard on his teammates? Absolutely, but he backs it up with his play on the ice and has never cheated an organization. Maybe if they had a goaltender we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Stay classy.
I'd rather her stay objective. She's right -- your posts are often laced with ********.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:27 AM
EdmFlyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
I'd rather her stay objective. She's right -- your posts are often laced with ********.
The "White Knight" comes for the rescue, relax there internet hero.

Stay Classy.

Old
04-05-2010, 11:52 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:

Stay Classy.
I don't think it's that ridiculous for someone to ask how you happen to know these things.

A great woman once said "Look, Mr. Zen Master, you may be in tune with the ice universe, but when it comes to the Flyers roster and inner-locker room fighting, "I just know" doesn't cut it!"

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:56 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:

Stay Classy.
Actually Knuble left because he couldn't stand you being a Flyers fan.

Don't ask me how I know. I just know these things.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Actually Knuble left because he couldn't stand you being a Flyers fan.

Don't ask me how I know. I just know these things.
He'll hear more about it this Summer.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Lex444

the young flyers are soft inside and out- pronger should help to expunge them from the team

Lex444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 01:18 PM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:

Stay Classy.
Even though this is a good forum and most posters here are great, the whole 'White Knight' actions of people here does get annoying. The ol' internet hero routine got old here fast. Say one thing to a person and get ready for the whole armada coming after you... And if that person happens to be a chick? Well you better ****ing run for the hills buddy cause they are gonna want your balls on a silver plate... One of the reasons i stay out of debates here and such. Say the wrong thing to the wrong poster and you have the whole forum coming after you like a bounty just appeared on your head...

So yeah I disagree with everything you've said so far, but this statement makes me want to give you a high five...

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 01:38 PM
The Pucks

Outsider looking in here,

I listened to allot of talk about this recently as well as a few months ago on NHL Radio on XM as well as HNIC radio on Sirius.

The main thing they talked about was the players who lived downtown being in conflict with the olders players living in the suburbs. The jist of the conversation was the older players felt the younger guys wern't prepared enough, spend to much time enjoying their fame and fortune, getting a bit out of shape during the season.

Any accuracy to this, what can be added to the story? How much smoke and how much fire?

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 01:39 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
Even though this is a good forum and most posters here are great, the whole 'White Knight' actions of people here does get annoying. The ol' internet hero routine got old here fast. Say one thing to a person and get ready for the whole armada coming after you... And if that person happens to be a chick? Well you better ****ing run for the hills buddy cause they are gonna want your balls on a silver plate... One of the reasons i stay out of debates here and such. Say the wrong thing to the wrong poster and you have the whole forum coming after you like a bounty just appeared on your head...

So yeah I disagree with everything you've said so far, but this statement makes me want to give you a high five...
quoted for truth.

Old
04-05-2010, 01:39 PM
EdmFlyersfan

I have no issues with people disagreeing with me or not believing me, it's posters who get angry and then start personal attacks and swearing that have some serious issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post

Old
04-05-2010, 01:41 PM
EdmFlyersfan

This is true, Mike Richards was the 1st captain in Flyers history to do this and a few others followed him. And when you show up to practices not ready or "tired" (+ lose game) obviously the vets are going to get pissed, especially an outspoken one like Pronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongold View Post

I listened to allot of talk about this recently as well as a few months ago on NHL Radio on XM as well as HNIC radio on Sirius.

The main thing they talked about was the players who lived downtown being in conflict with the olders players living in the suburbs. The jist of the conversation was the older players felt the younger guys wern't prepared enough, spend to much time enjoying their fame and fortune, getting a bit out of shape during the season.

Any accuracy to this, what can be added to the story? How much smoke and how much fire?

Old
04-05-2010, 01:43 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongold View Post

Well the first thing is that Richards is one of the guys who lives in the suburbs, so it still doesnt make sense

Hartnell, Carter, Lupul, Upshall, and Eager were the city boys, and now 3 of them are gone, so there may have been fire in the smoke, but I think it is no longer a problem

Quote:
This is true, Mike Richards was the 1st captain in Flyers history to do this and a few others followed him. And when you show up to practices not ready or "tired" (+ lose game) obviously the vets are going to get pissed, especially an outspoken one like Pronger.
Fail, Richards lives in new jersey, close to the skate zone.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 01:45 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Awesome. I didn't know anyone on this forum was personal friends with every Flyers captain in history. And then to attend every practice and know exactly what each captain in history was dealing with every day.

No really, I'm impressed.

Look, I have no interest in "attacking" you. The vast majority of us here are fans of the team, but don't have a personal relationship with any of the players. So when things are posted as fact, when they're nothing more than conjecture and opinion, it does annoy people.

Everything you've posted is an opinion - you're certainly entitled to it the same as everyone else. But it's not gospel truth, and perhaps you need to learn the difference.

Last edited by CharlieGirl: 04-05-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old
04-05-2010, 01:48 PM
EdmFlyersfan

Fail.

Richards had a pad in downtown also and the practice rink was changed when Stevens was hired to the game arena...catering Richards.

When Lavs was hired he changed it back to the original practice arena, Vorhees(?).

I guess you know more than Lupul does here's a quote after he was traded.

“I talked to some guys on Friday, Richie and Carter about this,” Lupul said to CSNPhilly.com this week. “They said that people have been talking about that. I know all those guys are young guys and live downtown and stuff. But they are all professionals. Never once would they put themselves ahead of the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Well the first thing is that Richards is one of the guys who lives in the suburbs, so it still doesnt make sense

Hartnell, Carter, Lupul, Upshall, and Eager were the city boys, and now 3 of them are gone, so there may have been fire in the smoke, but I think it is no longer a problem

Fail, Richards lives in new jersey, close to the skate zone.

Last edited by EdmFlyersfan: 04-05-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old
04-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Z-Diddy

Change the title of the thread for the rest of us

"Chuck Gormley" not "Brandon Gormley"

No one cares about courier post writers

Thanks

Z-Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 01:57 PM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post

It does sort of fit, the names I had heard were Carter, Hartnell, Upshall and then later Lupul.

I wouldnt be suprised to see Hartnell moved this summer, part of the cleansing. Carter is far to valuable for that.