O'C needs to...

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 05:30 AM
Taz#24

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
O'C needs to...

Sign Ken KLEE and attempt to land Mathieu SCHNEIDER once Detroit puts him on the market. I realize he has a hefty salary but this team needs some help on D (some changes). He STILL has to address the goaltending situation and he SHOULD add an experienced 2nd line center to the club, somebody with faceoff ability. A third line center type would be a bonus and might be had on the waiver wire or for a mid round (3/4) draft pick.

SAMSONOV-THORNTON-MURRAY
ROLSTON-???????-LAPOINTE
AXELSSON-???????-KNUBLE
ZAMUNER-STOCK-MCCARTHY/GROSEK

It appears to me that none of HILBERT, HUML or SAMUELSSON are ready to have an impact. The jury is still out on ZINOJEV but he hasn't proven anything yet.

On D...
Nick BOYNTON isn't signed and IMHO he is our best all around defenseman.
Hal GILL, Sean O'DONNELL and Dan MCGILLIS are all cut from the same mold, reliable but not very mobile or for that matter physical (O'DONNELL used to be)...one or two guys like that in your 5/6th defensive slots isn't a big issue but when it's three of your top four, you might have some problems. JILLSON and MORRISONN look to be future NHLers but are still unproven. Ian MORAN is a depth player at this point in his career. One of Hal GILL, Sean O'DONNELL or Dan MCGILLIS should go and a more mobile guy should be added. Ken KLEE would also be a nice addition, he plays a solid defensive game, has some decent mobility and will throw his weight around. There are other D-men that I would prefer but the UFA market is limited.

GILL-SCHNEIDER
BOYNTON-MCGILLIS
KLEE-JILLSON
MORAN

In Goal, we are in rough shape. RAYCROFT needs to ride shotgun with a competent #1 for a year or two but he has good potential. POTVIN has seen better days and SHIELDS is a career back up. O'C made a mistake on the POTVIN signing IMHO. He should have been patient and waited to land either Sean BURKE or Curtis JOSEPH, preferably BURKE because JOSEPH's salary is way too high for what he brings.

Old
09-27-2003, 06:24 AM
ThorntoNeely198

Send a message via AIM to ThorntoNeely198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz#24
Sign Ken KLEE and attempt to land Mathieu SCHNEIDER once Detroit puts him on the market. I realize he has a hefty salary but this team needs some help on D (some changes).
I'm not sure Schneider's our kind of guy, but I do agree. I also know it's not likely, but you know who I think would make a perfect Bruin? Sheldon SOURAY.

Old
09-27-2003, 11:30 AM
Slim

vCash:
Klee

Sorry Taz,

But Klee has signed with the Leafs........A team that is trying to win.

slim

Old
09-27-2003, 11:45 AM
Jeff from Maine

Come On Now

Look at all the positives slim.

They jump rihght out at you! They show how the B`s are TOTALLY dedicated tio winning!

* Signed Zinovjev
* Signed Potvin
* Signed Sammy
* Ditched losers like Ally, Carter, Guerin, McLAren, Dafoe and many others
* Change coaches just as fast as they can after each losing year!

These are the hallmarks of a winning franchise!

Hey, if you dont win today...get rid of everything that is holding you back!

Thats why they got rid of the above guys! None of them are any good and held back the development of young guys who ARE great!

Think positive man! There is NOTHING to be down about here!

Later

Old
09-27-2003, 04:45 PM
neelynugs

jeff, i think you forgot the in your post, as it seemed to be dripping with sarcasm

Old
09-27-2003, 05:43 PM
gvkmedia
Preaching B's hockey

Sarcasim? What sarcasim.

Jeff is RIGHT!!! Alley is an injury prone overpaid floater, Carter is way overrated.... slightly better than Marty (keep the hisses down there Ace), Mclaren is not much better than Alley... always looking for the big hit that leaves the team an odd man out and Guerin... come on, how do you spell overpaid... I spell it GUERIN!! Dallas would LOVE to take that deal back. Man, if they could dump him and pay a chunk of his change....

Nice comments Jeff.....

Neely Nugs, put a cork in it.... okay?!!! When Jeff FINALLY has something good to say, don't go jumping in there and try to mess it up.

Now, where were we????

Old
09-27-2003, 06:38 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkmedia
Sarcasim? What sarcasim.

Jeff is RIGHT!!! Alley is an injury prone overpaid floater, Carter is way overrated.... slightly better than Marty (keep the hisses down there Ace), Mclaren is not much better than Alley... always looking for the big hit that leaves the team an odd man out and Guerin... come on, how do you spell overpaid... I spell it GUERIN!! Dallas would LOVE to take that deal back. Man, if they could dump him and pay a chunk of his change....

Nice comments Jeff.....

Neely Nugs, put a cork in it.... okay?!!! When Jeff FINALLY has something good to say, don't go jumping in there and try to mess it up.

Now, where were we????
ouch gk...not sure what i did to deserve this
ask jeff- he'll tell you himself. he's being more sarcastic than a david spade movie in that post

Old
09-28-2003, 03:31 AM
Jeff from Maine

neely, neely, neely...

You just cant stand the new me can you

BTW....thanks for pointing that out to me...so here it is :

Ha ha!

Yeah, for a few days now, I was actually refering to myself as Jeff from Maine....Former Poster.

Later

Closed Thread