HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers 19th best d-corps

Old
04-05-2010, 08:08 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
i think this years D corps absolutely played beyond they're talent and ability level

everyone knew coming into this season, with 2 rookies and redden on the blueline, that our D was in trouble

but anyone who really watched this season should notice that they outperformed expectations and were not the biggest problem on this team...not even top 3

that being said... move girardi, trade rosi, do everything possible to trade rosi, and sign/trade for some cheap 2nd-3rd pairing crease-clearing dmen
What cheap, crease clearing defensemen would you propose?

I'm being serious, everyone seems to think there's an abundance of cheap defenseman out there that will be better than what we have.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

I'm being serious, everyone seems to think there's an abundance of cheap defenseman out there that will be better than what we have.
I'd take Derek Morris over Redden at this point. Or Sauer for that matter.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 08:12 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:

no idea...honestly haven't looked

im saying that because an upgrade over redden isn't hard and, in my personal opinion, nieither is an upgrade over girardi, who i dont don't like and fear is about to be overpaid

perhaps ill do some searching today and see what I can come up with

im guessing that you are in disagreement about finding and upgrade over girardi for a cheap price?

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 08:33 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
no idea...honestly haven't looked

im saying that because an upgrade over redden isn't hard and, in my personal opinion, nieither is an upgrade over girardi, who i dont don't like and fear is about to be overpaid

perhaps ill do some searching today and see what I can come up with

im guessing that you are in disagreement about finding and upgrade over girardi for a cheap price?
No, I'm not in disagreement about it. I just want to know who we can bring in for a reasonable price before I get behind shipping Girardi out. While I really like Girardi, I've always been realistic about what he is--a third pair guy who can fill in on the second pair if need be. He's been asked to play over his head a lot here and it shows.

I'm also not a fan of shipping Rozsival out just for cap space. If we can move him and bring back a replacement that's as good or better, I'm all for it.

Redden...ugh...just ugh...

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 08:42 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
No, I'm not in disagreement about it. I just want to know who we can bring in for a reasonable price before I get behind shipping Girardi out. While I really like Girardi, I've always been realistic about what he is--a third pair guy who can fill in on the second pair if need be. He's been asked to play over his head a lot here and it shows.
I'm also not a fan of shipping Rozsival out just for cap space. If we can move him and bring back a replacement that's as good or better, I'm all for it.

Redden...ugh...just ugh...
we're in complete agreement on the bolded, im just not so sure how his agent and the arbritrator are going to look at the situation this offseason

on rozsival, im also not a fan of shipping him out for cap space...however, i see the chances of moving redden as minimal at best, and I see rosi as the only movable big contract

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 01:47 PM
HockeyGuy1985*

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
Why don't we just scrap stupid stats like sv% and goals allowed and judge goalies on +/-

This was supposed to be insulting?

HockeyGuy1985* is offline   Reply With Quote