HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daniel "Car Bomb" Carcillo

Old
04-05-2010, 11:05 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Personally, I don't think he actually "changed" as a player in the few months Lavy has been the coach here. I think he has become more accepted by his teammates and is now indulging the city he is playing for. He is not taking the stupid penalties because he loves the city and his teammates now and does not want to hurt the team. In the beginning, he was playing for himself. Now, he is playing for his friends(read: family) and the city.
No, there is a pretty obvious difference, and it started when he took the 9-minute penalty and Ed Snider politely trashed him on DNL the following Monday. Now he doesn't get offended every time someone hits him cleanly (still some, but not all the time). He's not yelling at referees. Overall, he's been forced to be much smarter and is learning to toe the line between agitator and troublemaker.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:12 AM
JSTAFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
No, there is a pretty obvious difference, and it started when he took the 9-minute penalty and Ed Snider politely trashed him on DNL the following Monday. Now he doesn't get offended every time someone hits him cleanly (still some, but not all the time). He's not yelling at referees. Overall, he's been forced to be much smarter and is learning to toe the line between agitator and troublemaker.
Assuming you missed the Detroit game yesterday? Or perhaps you were stuffing your face with too much ham. He followed the ref around the whole rink during play *****ing about a no call. Fans just ignore it now because they are in love with him.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Assuming you missed the Detroit game yesterday? Or perhaps you were stuffing your face with too much ham. He followed the ref around the whole rink during play *****ing about a no call. Fans just ignore it now because they are in love with him.
He doesn't do it consistently, I don't like doing it at all, but for the most part, it is a changed player. I speak as a whole, not yesterday. Yesterday he got away with it. I thought he would have gotten 4 when he took Holmstrom off. He gets to the line and doesn't cross it anymore.

And I was at the game.

Old
04-05-2010, 11:55 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
And now you love him. Simple point of my post really. I'm not too worried about the in between stuff. It was inevitable that Philly would love this guy.
I still don't love him. And I still won't support the stupid **** he does, but as long as he doesnt do it as often I like him, and he is an effective player.

I still think it was stupid to bring a player with a horrible reputation with referees to a team with horrible reputation with referees. Ensures Carcillo never get the benefit of the doubt really

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 04-05-2010 at 01:26 PM.
HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 01:24 PM
UseYourAllusion

I love him.
Posted via Mobile Device

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:18 PM
CptCannon

Someone had a video clip of yday's game with Danny wearing mic?

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Centauris*

No matter what the guy does.. people still criticize him. it pisses me off

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:31 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauris View Post
No matter what the guy does.. people still criticize him. it pisses me off
Why shouldn't he get criticized for crosschecking someone to the face and getting suspended? for fighting when we are winning 3-0(No I am not saying this is why we lost but it was a stupid fight, he even seemed to regret it when talking about it on VS yesterday)? Or when he dives like a penguin?

He is a very good role player for this team, and I am glad he has started to score a few goals, but how can he be exempt of criticism?

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 04-05-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old
04-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Kaktus*

How many penalties did Carcillo draw this season?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:04 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
How many penalties did Carcillo draw this season?
A good few probably the most on the team per 60 minutes, but there also a lot he doesnt get because certain refs hate him. He does dive a lot too.

edit:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/2009/5_on...&team=PHI&pos=

He leads the team with 3 penalties drawn per 60 minutes, followed by Powe and Richards

Old
04-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
A good few probably the most on the team per 60 minutes, but there also a lot he doesnt get because certain refs hate him. He does dive a lot too.

edit:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/2009/5_on...&team=PHI&pos=

He leads the team with 3 penalties drawn per 60 minutes, followed by Powe and Richards
Where does it put him in the league? Top 20? top 30?

Old
04-05-2010, 03:12 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Where does it put him in the league? Top 20? top 30?
First place (Subban averages 4 per 60, but he only played a couple of games)

In total drawn in 2nd to Dustin Brown

Old
04-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
First place (Subban averages 4 per 60, but he only played a couple of games)

In total drawn in 2nd to Dustin Brown
Subbon played 2 games and I think both against Flyers.. Do not even count him in.

Carcillo is 2nd in teh NHL behind only Brown. He took only 16 penalties and some of them were calls based on reputation. If thats not good I do not know what is?

and some fans have the balls to say that they do not like him because he plays like an idiot sometimes? Seriously? WTF? Not to mention Carcillo fights and protects his teammates, thows heavy hits and sometimes scores goals and provides energy.

Old
04-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Totally Radivojevic

It appears he's tied for 4th in the league with a +24 ratio in powerplays drawn / times put shorthanded. FOURTH.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Kaktus*

Lets consider something else. For almost half of the season Carcillo played and averaged 6-7min or fine maybe 8min under our genius John Stevens. Kid still came out on top. So what the hell do you want from him?

He did a hell of a job this season. A hell of a job!

Old
04-05-2010, 03:27 PM
JSTAFF

Man it hurts so good to be right. It's a tough task, but someone has to do it.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:29 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Lets consider something else. For almost half of the season Carcillo played and averaged 6-7min or fine maybe 8min under our genius John Stevens. Kid still came out on top. So what the hell do you want from him?

He did a hell of a job this season. A hell of a job!
No one has said that he hasn't done a good job, I like him in this role (and I think Lappy and Laviolette have done a good job getting him in his role). Carcillo looks to be a great 3rd liner going forward for us, who might even hit 20 goals someday, but he does need to keep his emotions in check and focus on playing hockey(which he has done well this season)
Similar to Downie who is now a 20 goal guy in tampa, under the guidance of Tocchet

But if he (or anyone on the team) does something stupid, he should still get criticized.

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 04-05-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old
04-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
No one has said that he hasn't done a good job, I like him in this role (and I think Lappy and Laviolette have done a good job getting him in his role). Carcillo looks to be a great 3rd liner going forward for us, who might even hit 20 goals someday, but he does need to keep his emotions in check and focus on playing hockey(which he has done well this season)
Similar to Downie who is now a 20 goal guy in tampa, under the guidance of Tocchet
No one said now but in October everyone hated him. I do not think he will score 20 tough. He will come close but I do not think he will do it.

1st Downie has more talent, no question about it. He also will get his game in check soon enough. It takes time to develop patience like that to take an elbow in the face and not to retaliate.

Carcillo = most improved player on our team, hands down.

Old
04-05-2010, 03:41 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
No one said now but in October everyone hated him. I do not think he will score 20 tough. He will come close but I do not think he will do it.

1st Downie has more talent, no question about it. He also will get his game in check soon enough. It takes time to develop patience like that to take an elbow in the face and not to retaliate.

Carcillo = most improved player on our team, hands down.
Yeah Downie is a great playmaker, and is awesome along the boards. I wish Stevens hadn't hated him so much, but what can you do.

Carcillo is pretty much our only improved player. Everyone got worse this year (or was a new acquisition)

Old
04-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRiles View Post
Someone had a video clip of yday's game with Danny wearing mic?
It was hilarious when Carcillo was making fun of Lappy trying to block out The Beast (Pronger) from the goal celebration.

He said something like 'you (Lappy) tried to block The Beast out of the celebration.'

Lappy laughed and shook his head. Carle replied, 'Can't be done.'

Love to see the lads having fun and taking the p*ss out of Pronger for being a glory hog and making sure he's front and centre in all the goal celebrations....

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Totally Radivojevic

2008-2009, Carcillo: Penalties taken - 23, drawn - 24

2008-2009, Carter: Penalties taken - 22, drawn - 12

Even last year, Carcillo was +. While he's improved this year, this shows he's always had a bad rap.

Old
04-05-2010, 03:59 PM
HoverCarle*

For some reason Carter really doesnt draw many penalties

Old
04-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Totally Radivojevic

It's funny, I don't think anyone on here would call Carter undisciplined, but most think that way about Carcillo. He drew twice as many powerplays as Carter last year while only putting his team shorthanded one more time. This year, he's put his team shorthanded three times less than Carter, and put his team on the pp 30 more times. Unwarranted labels are amazing.

Old
04-05-2010, 04:09 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
It's funny, I don't think anyone on here would call Carter undisciplined, but most think that way about Carcillo. He drew twice as many powerplays as Carter last year while only putting his team shorthanded one more time. This year, he's put his team shorthanded three times less than Carter, and put his team on the pp 30 more times. Unwarranted labels are amazing.
Carcillo will make it look like a penalty.

I haven't seen the full list of that stat recently, but the last time I did, it was filled with players who most people on HF would accuse of diving.

Old
04-05-2010, 04:09 PM
haleks

Quote:
For some reason Carter really doesnt draw many penalties
I guess it's because he prefer to take the puck wide and shot from there. He seem to never force a play (driving the net with the puck, trying to go through a defender) which often leads to a penalty drawn.

haleks is offline   Reply With Quote