HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks sign SEL goalie Eddie Läck

Old
04-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Ched Brosky

vCash: 500
Canucks sign SEL goalie Eddie Läck

The bomb: Eddie Läck ready for Vancouver

Here is a sensational move to Swedish hockey: Brynas other goalie Eddie Läck, 22, is ready for the NHL club Vancouver Canucks.

Brynäs lose in all likelihood, Jacob Markstrom to the Panthers, Markstrom, which connects to tomorrow Three crowns World Cup camp.
Now also eliminates the second goalie Eddie Leak, who is not even Draft(ed), and this is one to say the least surprising klubbyte.
Läck has in fact indicated on the NHL club Vancouver Canucks and will therefore be with teammate Edler, Sammy, and the Sedin twins.
Leak came to Brynäs before this season, after three seasons with Leksand in the Swedish Allsvenskan.

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserie...-for-vancouver

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:11 PM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Läck, Schneider, Louongo... who's staying, who's going?

Last edited by L-train*: 04-05-2010 at 02:21 PM.
L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Shellz

Luongo to Flyers E4

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Sens Mile

So the Schnider watch begins

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:16 PM
El Duderino

Perhaps Lack will play for the Moose next year, and Schneider will back up Luongo (if he isn't traded that is). Still though, no way of telling until training camp when we will actually see how good Lack is.

El Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
Läck, Schnieder, Louongo... who's staying, who's going?

Schnieder = Bye bye

Rare Jewel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Scouter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Nobody, Lack will be on the farm and Schneider will backup Lu.

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:17 PM
illogic

Quote:
Luongo will likely be moved. Nucks need cap room.

illogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:18 PM
TMLeafer

Great name.

Makes the goalie situation in VAN interesting. But the poster suggesting Schneider backing up Luongo ... that makes sense to me.

TMLeafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:27 PM
joe89

He should definitely not be put as backup imo and won't be I'm sure. Either another full season in SEL or play regularly in the AHL would be best for him. Kinda unexpected signing but makes sense since he's still young, promising and undrafted which is kind of a low risk high-reward move.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:28 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

keep in mind that the Canucks don't have a #4 goalie as it is, and maybe Lack is a better option to be a backup or split time with a more #1A starter in Manitoba next year... maybe Schneider is back, but my guess is that he's going to come up to replace Raycroft as Luongo's backup, and I think the Canucks will sign another minor league goalie to split time with Lack (or sign a veteran minor leaguer to start in Manitoba next year).

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:31 PM
vcx*

He put up better numbers in the playoffs than Markstrom did and he's 6'4'', plays a hybrid style but is quick. Pretty good pick-up by Vancouver, just crappy that he's likely never going to be a #1 there. Not even sure why any goaltender would bother signing with Vancouver, do they even know how long Roberto is signed for? lol

Don't get me wrong, great signing, but if he thinks he's going to be a starter in Vancouver in a year or two, he'd have to out play Luongo and those be some lofty expectations.

"Hey, I want to go to the NHL and be a starter, I'm going to go to the team that has a #1 locked up for 10+ years...score!"

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:33 PM
leftcoaster

Anyone have some information on this guy? Sounds like a good AHL signing gives the Nucks much needed depth in goaltending prospects, even if we do have Luongo.

leftcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
Great name.
He has indeed a great name for a goalie, considering "Läck" is Swedish for "leak".

Riddarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:36 PM
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Zapp Brannigan View Post
He put up better numbers in the playoffs than Markstrom did and he's 6'4'', plays a hybrid style but is quick. Pretty good pick-up by Vancouver, just crappy that he's likely never going to be a #1 there. Not even sure why any goaltender would bother signing with Vancouver, do they even know how long Roberto is signed for? lol

Don't get me wrong, great signing, but if he thinks he's going to be a starter in Vancouver in a year or two, he'd have to out play Luongo and those be some lofty expectations.

"Hey, I want to go to the NHL and be a starter, I'm going to go to the team that has a #1 locked up for 10+ years...score!"
Yeah, but how many clubs had interest in signing Läck? might be that way he just wanted to take the chance to fulfill his dream of playing in the NHL.. and if Nucks were the only ones for now, why not? good luck Läck, you've been awesome in SEL.

XO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:37 PM
joe89

Quote:

Well if you are undrafted and are 22yo you have to take your chances, might impress some other clubs and continue the NA path that way. It's a pretty big chance for a goaltender that has never been a SEL starter.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:

if Lack is planning on signing somewhere now to compete for a starters job, he should stay in the SEL... he has absolutely no chance of challenging for a starters position in Vancouver or anywhere else in the NHL, anytime soon...

keep in mind that he's a season removed from the junior leagues in Sweden, and was a backup goalie this year in a league not much different than the AHL.

More likely he's looking for an organization where he can be comfortable developing in and learning the NHL game... Vancouver's got a reputation of working hard with their prospects and helping them develop every step of the way, with loads of money invested in skills coaches, and other resources solely for prospects development now. For a young goalie trying to develop into a NHLer, Vancouver is a very good team to do that in... he can work his way up to being a backup to Luongo in a couple years and then move on to another team from there... it seems to have worked well for Luongo's previous backups, who all got higher contracts after leaving Vancouver after just 1 season as his backup... and Raycroft is likely to continue that trend.

For a top level prospect who's looking to secure a starting job in the NHL right away (ie. Gustavsson) Vancouver isn't the right place... for but for a young guy who needs help developing to become a NHL starter someday, Vancouver is an ideal destination.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gudbranson44

awfull translation, but interesting "klubbyte" haha, i mean interesting transaction..
lack has been solid as a backup for markie, and i really thought he would be their nmbr 1 goalie next season. oh well, good luck in the vancouver organisation, hope u come to backup markie in florida soon

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:38 PM
YogiCanucks

ZOMG TEH MONsTTER!!!!111!!1

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:38 PM
JohnHodgson

Quote:

What if Lack had no other NHL teams interested in him? If he really dreamed of being in the NHL he would have signed with the Nucks in two seconds. It's not like this guy is a hot commodity.

JohnHodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:43 PM
caley

Is this a reliable source/done deal?

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
if Lack is planning on signing somewhere now to compete for a starters job, he should stay in the SEL... he has absolutely no chance of challenging for a starters position in Vancouver or anywhere else in the NHL, anytime soon...

keep in mind that he's a season removed from the junior leagues in Sweden, and was a backup goalie this year in a league not much different than the AHL.

More likely he's looking for an organization where he can be comfortable developing in and learning the NHL game... Vancouver's got a reputation of working hard with their prospects and helping them develop every step of the way, with loads of money invested in skills coaches, and other resources solely for prospects development now. For a young goalie trying to develop into a NHLer, Vancouver is a very good team to do that in... he can work his way up to being a backup to Luongo in a couple years and then move on to another team from there... it seems to have worked well for Luongo's previous backups, who all got higher contracts after leaving Vancouver after just 1 season as his backup... and Raycroft is likely to continue that trend.

For a top level prospect who's looking to secure a starting job in the NHL right away (ie. Gustavsson) Vancouver isn't the right place... for but for a young guy who needs help developing to become a NHL starter someday, Vancouver is an ideal destination.
I said in a year or two. So it wasn't like I expected him to be a starter right away, he'd have a couple of years in the AHL to prove himself with call-ups but even then, he has to out play a guy like Luongo to even be considered.

Old
04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Is this a reliable source/done deal?
Oh elite prospects, it says it's a rumor still.

Old
04-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Wildcarder

Sounds like a piece of Ikea furniture.

Wildcarder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
Quote:
Oh elite prospects, it says it's a rumor still.
It usually is a reliable source when it has swedish players moving abroad before the clubs has confirmed it over there,

However, there is no source in the article, no agent telling stuff, no comment from Läck just yet, but it's quite fresh and there's probably more news to come..

It might be in the works but I'd say this is still a rumour

Chevy Cheveldae is offline   Reply With Quote