HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Daniel "Car Bomb" Carcillo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2010, 03:10 PM
  #76
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
It's funny, I don't think anyone on here would call Carter undisciplined, but most think that way about Carcillo. He drew twice as many powerplays as Carter last year while only putting his team shorthanded one more time. This year, he's put his team shorthanded three times less than Carter, and put his team on the pp 30 more times. Unwarranted labels are amazing.
Has Carter ever gotten a 5 minute major(other than fighting) or a match penalty or a suspension?

Discipline is more than just minor penalties. And the same way Carcillo's low minutes can be used as a positive when drawing penalties, they are a negative when taking penalties. Meaning if he played more minutes he would take more penalties (and draw more)

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:11 PM
  #77
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
It's funny, I don't think anyone on here would call Carter undisciplined, but most think that way about Carcillo. He drew twice as many powerplays as Carter last year while only putting his team shorthanded one more time. This year, he's put his team shorthanded three times less than Carter, and put his team on the pp 30 more times. Unwarranted labels are amazing.
I dont think you understand what some of us are saying. His REPUTATION hurts us more then it helps us. Yes great, throw out facts showing how many times he got us a powerplay. Being honest, it isnt that hard when you make people hate you. It is his job to do it. Saying Carter doesnt do it is funny... considering Carter is our top goalscorer and all.

Oh and to say (not you partically) that Carcillo doesnt dive is pretty hilarious. I agree that he has changed for the better this season, but I do love the"Broad Street Bully" love he gets.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:24 PM
  #78
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I dont think you understand what some of us are saying. His REPUTATION hurts us more then it helps us. Yes great, throw out facts showing how many times he got us a powerplay. Being honest, it isnt that hard when you make people hate you. It is his job to do it. Saying Carter doesnt do it is funny... considering Carter is our top goalscorer and all.

Oh and to say (not you partically) that Carcillo doesnt dive is pretty hilarious. I agree that he has changed for the better this season, but I do love the"Broad Street Bully" love he gets.
Yeah Carcillo is easily the biggest diver on this team (well him and Briere).

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:24 PM
  #79
Totally Radivojevic
Registered User
 
Totally Radivojevic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I dont think you understand what some of us are saying. His REPUTATION hurts us more then it helps us. Yes great, throw out facts showing how many times he got us a powerplay. Being honest, it isnt that hard when you make people hate you. It is his job to do it. Saying Carter doesnt do it is funny... considering Carter is our top goalscorer and all.

Oh and to say (not you partically) that Carcillo doesnt dive is pretty hilarious. I agree that he has changed for the better this season, but I do love the"Broad Street Bully" love he gets.
???

What I'm saying is, despite Carcillo's big bad reputation, he's still put the team shorthanded less times than Carter. I'm not using this to knock Carter, but to prove Carcillo gets a bad rap. Say what you want about his reputation, he's tied for 96th in times he's put his team shorthanded, and 2nd in times he's put his team on the powerplay. I don't think that's killing us too bad.

Facts, people.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:31 PM
  #80
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
???

What I'm saying is, despite Carcillo's big bad reputation, he's still put the team shorthanded less times than Carter. I'm not using this to knock Carter, but to prove Carcillo gets a bad rap. Say what you want about his reputation, he's tied for 96th in times he's put his team shorthanded, and 2nd in times he's put his team on the powerplay. I don't think that's killing us too bad.

Facts, people.
Carcillo and Carter both average the same penalties taken per 60 minutes at 1.2, neither of them are killing us. and yes Carcillo does draw more, but Carter scores more

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:32 PM
  #81
Totally Radivojevic
Registered User
 
Totally Radivojevic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Yeah Carcillo is easily the biggest diver on this team (well him and Briere).
I'll take a slight exaggeration and a powerplay. But, if you don't want to give him credit on that end, he's still tied for 96th in times he's put his team shorthanded.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:36 PM
  #82
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
I'll take a slight exaggeration and a powerplay. But, if you don't want to give him credit on that end, he's still tied for 96th in times he's put his team shorthanded.
Ill accept the powerplay, but i really wish he would drop the diving. Like Burrows last night, it just gets embarrassing.

And i am giving him credit, I am the one who posted the friggen website that yuo are using, and posted that he was 2nd in the league at drawing penalties

(And when you average out his penalties taken per 60 minutes, it comes out as the same as Carter's)

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:45 PM
  #83
Totally Radivojevic
Registered User
 
Totally Radivojevic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Ill accept the powerplay, but i really wish he would drop the diving. Like Burrows last night, it just gets embarrassing.

And i am giving him credit, I am the one who posted the friggen website that yuo are using, and posted that he was 2nd in the league at drawing penalties

(And when you average out his penalties taken per 60 minutes, it comes out as the same as Carter's)
Alright, but his penalties drawn would be even higher, too.

Point is, he really doesn't take that many minors, but draws a ton. He's drawn one or two majors this season (that have put the team shorthanded), but I'll take that.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:51 PM
  #84
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
Alright, but his penalties drawn would be even higher, too.

Point is, he really doesn't take that many minors, but draws a ton. He's drawn one or two majors this season (that have put the team shorthanded), but I'll take that.
yeah I said that here in post 76
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...5&postcount=76

He doesn't take many non off setting minors, which is very true. He can still be stupid at times, though he is getting better, due to influence of Laviolette and Lapperierre

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 04:14 PM
  #85
Flyers93
Registered User
 
Flyers93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Gotta love Carcillo.

Remember when he scored his first goal as a Flyer in Game 4 vs the Pens to get us within one? He was so f'in happy, like a kid at Disney World.

Flyers93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 04:21 PM
  #86
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Has Carter ever gotten a 5 minute major(other than fighting) or a match penalty or a suspension?

Discipline is more than just minor penalties. And the same way Carcillo's low minutes can be used as a positive when drawing penalties, they are a negative when taking penalties. Meaning if he played more minutes he would take more penalties (and draw more)
He did fight Ryan Whitney that one time.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 04:24 PM
  #87
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
He did fight Ryan Whitney that one time.
Yeah he wooped him too. I did say besides fighting though

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 04:27 PM
  #88
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Yeah he wooped him too. I did say besides fighting though
I can't be bothered to read what you put in parentheses.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 05:26 PM
  #89
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I can't be bothered to read what you put in parentheses.
You read cases that way too? Such a time saver.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 05:58 PM
  #90
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
You read cases that way too? Such a time saver.
basically.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.