HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Discussion of off-season goalie talk

Old
04-05-2010, 04:24 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
We would have 30 ****ing cups if we were willing to pay for a goalie.

Bernie god damn Parent says whats up *******.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 05:08 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Habs fans: Flyers need a goalie. How about Price for JVR? It helps both teams.

Flyers fans: No thanks.

Habs fans: Well we don't want Giroux, even though Halak is available. Halak+ for JVR?

Flyers fans: No thanks.

Habs fans: Ha! Keep ruining your franchise. You'd have 30 cups now if you could get a goalie, but you're unwilling to pay for one.

Flyers fans: No thanks. We won't give up Giroux or JVR. Coburn is our best piece available.

Habs fans: Quit lowballing us. Coburn is terrible and has no potential.

Flyers fans: Whatever, we'll go elsewhere.

Habs fans: That's why you guys will never win a Stanley Cup.

Try that for the past month.
Little dramatic are we Chris?

Funny enough i think a good portion of Flyers fans would trade Giroux for Price. A good portion of Habs fans demand more (per threads in the habs forum). More reasonable Habs fans thinks its close. Few Flyer fans actually believe they can turn a trade of Price for a package including Coburn or Hartnell (players the Habs can't use as it does not address team needs and impacts the Habs negatively). Only one Flyer fan thinks Coburn has more value than Price.

At the end of the day none of this should annoy you as it is a hockey forum where everyone has a right to an opinion and freedom to voice said opinion. Heck, some are even paid to voice erroneous opinions!

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Little dramatic are we Chris?

Funny enough i think a good portion of Flyers fans would trade Giroux for Price. A good portion of Habs fans demand more (per threads in the habs forum). More reasonable Habs fans thinks its close. Few Flyer fans actually believe they can turn a trade of Price for a package including Coburn or Hartnell (players the Habs can't use as it does not address team needs and impacts the Habs negatively). Only one Flyer fan thinks Coburn has more value than Price.

At the end of the day none of this should annoy you as it is a hockey forum where everyone has a right to an opinion and freedom to voice said opinion. Heck, some are even paid to voice erroneous opinions!
I'd consider Giroux for Price. Not sure if I would do it. If I did then I would probably like a prospect swap to go along with it. Like Matsumoto for a decent prospect.

I think Gauthier would consider Coburn+Hartnell for Price assuming the salary could be evened out somehow.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 05:13 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Nobody thinks Coburn is worth more than Price, but that doesnt mean a package around Coburn and more would be far off

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 05:19 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Nobody thinks Coburn is worth more than Price, but that doesnt mean a package around Coburn and more would be far off
How would that work Hovercraft? Habs need to get rid of a d-man (hopefully Spacek) to free up cap space and to make room for Subban. With additional d-men Weber and Mathieu Carle knocking on the door the Habs can't take on Coburn or any d-men this summer.

Again its a problem with team needs which is why the Habs can't take Coburn in a package. We need either high draft picks, high level prospects or a young (cheap) top-6 forward/potential top-6 forward or a combination thereof.

The Flyers most obvious trade asset is Coburn. Unfortunately this asset does not meet any of the habs needs this summer. It only compounds the problem.

This is why the majority of habs fans ask for JVR/Giroux when looking at the Flyers tradeable assets.

Old
04-05-2010, 05:56 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
How would that work Hovercraft? Habs need to get rid of a d-man (hopefully Spacek) to free up cap space and to make room for Subban. With additional d-men Weber and Mathieu Carle knocking on the door the Habs can't take on Coburn or any d-men this summer.

Again its a problem with team needs which is why the Habs can't take Coburn in a package. We need either high draft picks, high level prospects or a young (cheap) top-6 forward/potential top-6 forward or a combination thereof.

The Flyers most obvious trade asset is Coburn. Unfortunately this asset does not meet any of the habs needs this summer. It only compounds the problem.

This is why the majority of habs fans ask for JVR/Giroux when looking at the Flyers tradeable assets.
those arent really tradable assets for us which is why the back and forth has gotten so annoying.

the habs are looking to move a goalie the flyers are looking to move d. if they cant do it around that then were both better looking for value elswhere.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 06:09 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
those arent really tradable assets for us which is why the back and forth has gotten so annoying.

the habs are looking to move a goalie the flyers are looking to move d. if they cant do it around that then were both better looking for value elswhere.
That's exactly my point. I've said all along that Flyers/Habs are not good trading partners as the Flyers tradeable assets do not meet the Habs team needs.

The Habs / Blues meanwhile are perfect trade partners. The Blues have 1st/2nd round picks, a plethora of high-end prospects and young cheap NHL forwards with top-6 potential. In the Habs/Blues threads both fan bases have agreed to a combination of trades that work for both teams.

Habs/Flyers can't agree on 1 trade that would work for either team.

Old
04-05-2010, 06:11 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
That's exactly my point. I've said all along that Flyers/Habs are not good trading partners as the Flyers tradeable assets do not meet the Habs team needs.

The Habs / Blues meanwhile are perfect trade partners. The Blues have 1st/2nd round picks, a plethora of high-end prospects and young cheap NHL forwards with top-6 potential. In the Habs/Blues threads both fan bases have agreed to a combination of trades that work for both teams.

Habs/Flyers can't agree on 1 trade that would work for either team.
Being honest, its yet again another Hab fan who brought up the Price thing. We were discussing other options that are more friendly lol

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 06:24 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Being honest, its yet again another Hab fan who brought up the Price thing. We were discussing other options that are more friendly lol
The reason for the angst between the fan bases is obvious. Its simply a matter of Team needs vs tradeable assets are not a match for the Habs/Flyers. People keep arguing over it without stepping back analyzing where there is such a big rift.

Not saying its impossible but given the Flyers history i don't think they will go the route of Price/Halak due to the cost. I think the Habs are more inclined to go after a young cheap forward with top-6 potential and size. Secondary would be 1st/2nd round picks or high-level prospect or a combination. Third potential would be packaging an expensive d-man with a goaltender for some cap-relief and a lesser package of prospect/pick in return.

Old
04-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Shadeslayer813

I highly doubt the habs trade price/halak to the easter conference unless they have no other choice, Id rather go for Bernier anyways

Shadeslayer813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeslayer813 View Post
I highly doubt the habs trade price/halak to the easter conference unless they have no other choice, Id rather go for Bernier anyways
No way LA trades Bernier. They'd probably trade Quick before Bernier.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 07:58 PM
jb**

Quote:
The reason for the angst between the fan bases is obvious. Its simply a matter of Team needs vs tradeable assets are not a match for the Habs/Flyers. People keep arguing over it without stepping back analyzing where there is such a big rift.

Not saying its impossible but given the Flyers history i don't think they will go the route of Price/Halak due to the cost. I think the Habs are more inclined to go after a young cheap forward with top-6 potential and size. Secondary would be 1st/2nd round picks or high-level prospect or a combination. Third potential would be packaging an expensive d-man with a goaltender for some cap-relief and a lesser package of prospect/pick in return.
they will trade for Justin Pogge instead with the flyers saying he is a former 1st rd pick who they have liked for a while and what not lol.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 07:59 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
they will trade for Justin Pogge instead with the flyers saying he is a former 1st rd pick who they have liked for a while and what not lol.
With Toronto's luck he'd turn into a star here.

With our luck he'd go on a tear for half a season before his career ending injury.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 08:03 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
With Toronto's luck he'd turn into a star here.

With our luck he'd go on a tear for half a season before his career ending injury.
Thought he was traded to san jose or the ducks? Wonder how he did this year anyway? I would have given a laet rd pick fo rhim prior to the season as he still wuld have been their best goalie prospect at the time. Not an immediate answer obvisouly though.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 08:31 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

I think we need a thread that only consider trades sans Montreal.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 02:13 PM
El Emperor

Why don't we try and trade back for our 1st rounder from Anaheim and draft Jack Campbell? The guy could be the next Ryan Miller.

Additionally, we can go out and get an established and decent "older" goalie to hold the reigns for a few years (Turco comes to mind).

Question would then be, who could we trade to Anaheim? Gagne (if he's willing to go?)

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 02:42 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan333 View Post
Why don't we try and trade back for our 1st rounder from Anaheim and draft Jack Campbell? The guy could be the next Ryan Miller.

Additionally, we can go out and get an established and decent "older" goalie to hold the reigns for a few years (Turco comes to mind).

Question would then be, who could we trade to Anaheim? Gagne (if he's willing to go?)
Coburn

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
I think we need a thread that only consider trades sans Montreal.
I think if it bothers people that much, they should just ignore that particular thread.

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Shadeslayer813

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Coburn
Yea, it all depends if neidermayer retires or not. They also have to resign bobby ryan so who knows how much cap space they will have left.

Shadeslayer813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 10:59 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I have a feeling we may get this. Both could sign for cheap. Perhaps go for a 1-A 1-B. The problem is can Ellis be a starter again? And, can Schneider make it as a starter?

Ellis
Schneider

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote