HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks sign SEL goalie Eddie Läck

Old
04-05-2010, 03:01 PM
edler von real gud

vCash: 380
Send a message via MSN to edler von real gud
He will probably join Rodin on the flight over to Vancouver. Another swedish canuck prospect Peter Andersson is already in town.

edler von real gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:01 PM
eklunds source

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Zapp Brannigan View Post
Not even sure why any goaltender would bother signing with Vancouver, do they even know how long Roberto is signed for? lol

Don't get me wrong, great signing, but if he thinks he's going to be a starter in Vancouver in a year or two, he'd have to out play Luongo and those be some lofty expectations.

"Hey, I want to go to the NHL and be a starter, I'm going to go to the team that has a #1 locked up for 10+ years...score!"
Maybe he, like everyone else except you, realizes that for a goaltender who is 22 and undrafted, before you become an NHL starter, you have to prove yourself in the AHL, then as a backup first?

...how many goaltenders go undrafted, get signed by an NHL team, and just automatically become the starter? Even the highly touted Gustavsson split time with Toskala.

This gets him into the professional ranks in North America, into a good system, and if he proves himself well, he can sign elsewhere when his contract is up. It's not like there were a dozen other teams out there who a) need a starting goaltender and b) wanted to sign a backup out of the SEL for that position.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:05 PM
the edler
Inimitable

läck played with ed belfour with leksand in the swedish allsvenskan [the second league] in 2007-08 ...

the edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
He will probably join Rodin on the flight over to Vancouver. Another swedish canuck prospect Peter Andersson is already in town.
maybe Lee Sweatt can join them

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
Or maybe he can ask Coyotes prospect Joel Gistedt what it's like to go from being a young and decent backupgoalie in SEL (he was used as backup mostly to Henrik Lundqvist)

Today Gistedt is stuck in the yotes system down in the ECHL, with a truckload of goalies ahead of him, both in Las Vegas where he's spent this season, but also in San Antonio

I guess Läck will have to challenge Schneider and Machesney for a spot on the moose team next season, or he'll get a ticket to Victoria and play for the Salmon Kings

Chevy Cheveldae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 03:51 PM
TMLeafer
Bring him home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn View Post
He has indeed a great name for a goalie, considering "Läck" is Swedish for "leak".
That fact makes it even better .

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
ZOMG TEH MONsTTER!!!!111!!1
Are you okay?

TMLeafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Ched Brosky

Its pretty much official now:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=316776

I wonder whats taking soo long for the Lee Sweatt announcement

Old
04-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Its pretty much official now:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=316776

I wonder whats taking soo long for the Lee Sweatt announcement
probably, but it's still the same article from Expressen that's already been quoted.
We'll get more on this tomorrow when it's back to regular days after the easter holidays.

Chevy Cheveldae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 04:41 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcarder View Post
Sounds like a piece of Ikea furniture.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 05:02 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
next:

billy sweatt and versteeg to vancouver
schneider and bernier to chicago

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 05:57 PM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
Maybe he, like everyone else except you, realizes that for a goaltender who is 22 and undrafted, before you become an NHL starter, you have to prove yourself in the AHL, then as a backup first?

...how many goaltenders go undrafted, get signed by an NHL team, and just automatically become the starter? Even the highly touted Gustavsson split time with Toskala.

This gets him into the professional ranks in North America, into a good system, and if he proves himself well, he can sign elsewhere when his contract is up. It's not like there were a dozen other teams out there who a) need a starting goaltender and b) wanted to sign a backup out of the SEL for that position.
Glad you saw the 1-2yrs part, bravo champ, bravo.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
ZOMG TEH MONsTTER!!!!111!!1
did you not read the article he isnt the monster he's the BOMB!!!!

Old
04-05-2010, 07:40 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Zapp Brannigan View Post
Glad you saw the 1-2yrs part, bravo champ, bravo.
and in 2 yrs his contract will run out... that's perfect timing to join an organization who's known for investing a lot into their development system, and then when his contract runs out, he can try and find a place where he can earn a starter's role.

For a guy in his position, Vancouver is a solid option. They need more depth in their goaltending position, each year they look for a new backup because they are trying to save costs in that role, the organization itself has done a solid job developing prospects recently, and it's also public knowledge that they have substantially increased their budget for player development.

Add it all up, and for a guy like Lack, Vancouver is a very solid option to try and work his way up into a fulltime NHL job eventually, even though that job will likely be with another organization by that time.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 07:45 PM
massivegoonery

Paging hawksfan50, didn't you have a crush on this guy?

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Cheveldae View Post
Or maybe he can ask Coyotes prospect Joel Gistedt what it's like to go from being a young and decent backupgoalie in SEL (he was used as backup mostly to Henrik Lundqvist)

Today Gistedt is stuck in the yotes system down in the ECHL, with a truckload of goalies ahead of him, both in Las Vegas where he's spent this season, but also in San Antonio

I guess Läck will have to challenge Schneider and Machesney for a spot on the moose team next season, or he'll get a ticket to Victoria and play for the Salmon Kings
I highly doubt we'll see him in the ECHL next year.. With the new transfer agreement, doesn't he have the option of going back to Sweden if he doesn't make the Nucks? My guess is that he will either be a starting goalie for the Moose or Brynäs next season..

Anyway.. Solid signing by the Nucks. I've liked this guy for a few years and really thought he would get drafted in 08 or 09..

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 09:34 PM
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

Nobody's going to be traded. I think next season will be the year Gillis showcases Schneider at the NHL level with around 20-25 games, setting him up for a trade either at the trade deadline or draft. Lack will play in Manitoba getting used to NA and possibly earning the backup position in 2011-2012.

chopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Reign Nateo

I'm sure they'd move Schneider if they get a value offer over the coming months. Otherwise he'll come into camp and battle for the back-up job and hopefully prove he can succeed at this level. Lack will be pencilled in as the Moose starter I would think. Not much in the Canucks system goaltending-wise after Lu and Schneider so this is a decent move.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:00 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Man, Brynas can't catch a break between the pipes these days. I wonder who they'll pick up this summer.

Good pickup for Vancouver, he was pretty solid in relief for Markstrom this year. Seeing a lot of work in the AHL should do him good.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:30 PM
teddygmr

I see Lack did very well in the playoffs playing in 2 games with a gaa of just 1.53 and a .946 save %! Those are significant improvements over his regular season numbers!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player...r=4347&lang=en

Otoh, Markstrom was amazing in the regular season but struggled in the playoffs to some degree with a gaa of 3.03 and a .893 save % in 4 games.
I suspect Lack entered at least one of the games late, after it was out of reach but it would be significant to learn how many minutes Lack played in the two playoff games in which he participated...
Does anyone know? Thanks in advance!

teddygmr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:46 PM
nitz

i have never heard of this guy .. i need to get out more

nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Illmatic Stoic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitz View Post
i have never heard of this guy .. i need to get out more
Me neither, he was a backup for Brynas, but seemed to take over the starter role in the playoffs with his steller performance compared to Markov. I don't know if he took over, but he certainly did better. I saw a clip of one of the games and he did very well.

Illmatic Stoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 12:05 AM
trickster

This move really lacks any real risk. Goaltending depth isn't something you want your club to lack, though with Luongo, it is likely that this guy is going to lack opportunities to make a name for himself... But anyone who believes that this dude is going to result in Luongo being moved lacks common sense...

Anyways, good job Canucks in signing this guy (whatever his name is... I gotta go take a läck so bad I can't concentrate)...

trickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 12:07 AM
trickster

ummm... is this guy friends with Jiri Tlusty?
http://www.soderbergagentur.com/imag...x557/16558.jpg

trickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 12:23 AM
vcx*

Mensator is still a Canucks prospect? It'd be hilarious to see him in net, 5'8"...just shoot high, as is that Lee Sweatt guy (5'8"). A lot of smaller guys are getting a serious look from teams as of late, from the NCAA etc.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 03:12 AM
Chelle
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygmr View Post
I see Lack did very well in the playoffs playing in 2 games with a gaa of just 1.53 and a .946 save %! Those are significant improvements over his regular season numbers!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player...r=4347&lang=en

Otoh, Markstrom was amazing in the regular season but struggled in the playoffs to some degree with a gaa of 3.03 and a .893 save % in 4 games.
I suspect Lack entered at least one of the games late, after it was out of reach but it would be significant to learn how many minutes Lack played in the two playoff games in which he participated...
Does anyone know? Thanks in advance!
4 periods.

Chelle is online now   Reply With Quote