HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Cinepuck is here to save the day!

Old
04-05-2010, 11:40 PM
cinepuck

vCash: 500
Cinepuck is here to save the day!

Well you said to come out of the woodwork so here I am. I used to post on NP.com, but that board is horrid now as many of you know. I've had this account, I guess...and now it's time to USE it! I've been lurking for a little bit and it seems as if this is where the posting resurgence is going on. So here I come to impart my infinte wisdom...oh wait...my ignorance...uh...that's not right either....my $.02 on our favorite team. (I almost spelled that favourite...our Canadian friends would be so proud.) Looking forward to the playoffs so LET'S DO IT!

PS, obviously, the site said someone else already has cinepuck...I don't know if it's me or not....maybe it is under another email...so for now, I'm humbly, cinemagolfer!

cinepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:45 PM
cinepuck

And CINEPUCK is here to save the day! It was as I though. So I'll delete cinemagolfer and post a cinepuck. I always forget passwords and usernames that I've created.... silly me.

Old
04-05-2010, 11:55 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinepuck View Post
I always forget passwords and usernames that I've created.... silly me.
Who doesn't?

Welcome to the forums.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 12:00 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I have a feeling it's about to get busy around here and that is a good thing. Much better conversation here, still have many differing opinions but the moderation and interaction from fans of other teams adds to the "depth" of the conversation!

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Liquidfire3240

So glad I'm not the only one who ditched the old official boards to come here.
That place is so ugly now.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:13 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

That place is dead too. I don't even lurk over there, and that is what I do best.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 07:11 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Welcome to the forums. I'm Canadian just looks natural to me. But out of curiosity, what's the main board like? As in the official Preds board. I've heard very mixed things.
Posted via Mobile Device

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 07:56 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

MidnightOil, it's a lot like the main boards for the Oilers, Canucks, Flames...that is, a lot of younger fans, many of which are ready to hop on or off the bandwagon depending on how that particular game went. I got my start over there back in 2000, and was part of the original crew--it was a decent place to post for a long time, but it seems like around the time of our first playoff trip, it went downhill. I haven't even lurked over there in about 4 years. I've been here now for nearly 8 years, have been involved with promoting the board, moderating the board, you name it--this is hands down the best place to talk hockey on the web, and I think our rapidly-growing group of Preds fans really represent well. I'm pleased to see traffic is up higher than it's been in a long time-- I just wish some of our great old posters would come back. Handtrick, Pred303, guys like that...but as I understand it, Pred303's work blocks the site, and HT kind of goes where he does .

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 08:21 AM
hatedandproud

I too used to post on the NP boards on occasion, but I haven't even looked over there for months now. Way too much jackassery for my taste.
These boards are getting to be like the older NP boards were.

I think for me, after the last playoff trip, things started going downhill. The trolls who posed as Preds fans, just got out of control. Constant postings when the team was down....but when things turned around, you never heard a peep. That combined with the "my favorite player is the best, so (a) don't you dare criticize him or (b) it was the stupidist move in Hockey ever to trade/waive/not re-sign him...wah..." Just got to be too much for me...wah.

Last edited by hatedandproud: 04-06-2010 at 08:30 AM.
hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Que Sera Sera

I might try the NP boards out later, see what they're like. But they don't sound great.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
04-06-2010, 08:50 AM
cinepuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
I might try the NP boards out later, see what they're like. But they don't sound great.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well let's put it this way. The last time I posted on there, the GDTs would barely get over one page in length...

Anyway. It definitely seems this place is rockin', and I'm sure more will keep joining as the
playoffs approach. I'm so stoked. I'll post a little more about me later, but I jus want to say the MM video made my day!
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
04-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Que Sera Sera

It doesn't have a mobile version anyway. Not for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
04-06-2010, 09:07 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The format change killed the np.com boards.

Of course, there are those who blame me for every person who stopped posting there and every unsold ticket. Those same people were filled with glee when the Preds started the season 2-5-1.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 09:25 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
I have a feeling it's about to get busy around here and that is a good thing. Much better conversation here, still have many differing opinions but the moderation and interaction from fans of other teams adds to the "depth" of the conversation!
thats what I liked about the old espn boards before they went to crap during the lockout... you had fans from other teams not just trolls...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 09:27 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The format change killed the np.com boards.

Of course, there are those who blame me for every person who stopped posting there and every unsold ticket. Those same people were filled with glee when the Preds started the season 2-5-1.
hey dont hog all the credit... it was you, me , 303 and BC that destroyed the preds fanbase and are the reason the preds are moving to... oh, wait..um..yeah.

and 101 and I still post over there just to make sure no one joins up and tries to revive the franchise

Old
04-06-2010, 09:56 AM
cinepuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
hey dont hog all the credit... it was you, me , 303 and BC that destroyed the preds fanbase and are the reason the preds are moving to... oh, wait..um..yeah.

and 101 and I still post over there just to make sure no one joins up and tries to revive the franchise
Is that you Voldy? Most people seem to be on here. That's great. I've seen Adzy and Patty on here too.

101st. Thanks for your service to the country once again. I always feel like we can't thank you enough.

Old
04-06-2010, 10:17 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i was better known by my old nmk user name over there.

just wait until oldhickory makes his way over here...

I was always reticent when it came to promoting this site over there, since I didn't want some mass migration of all the idiots from that forum to just set up shop here. It was more of a "we like what we see from you, why don't you come check out this forum, instead?" I think triggrman recruited me to this site by just such means

Old
04-06-2010, 10:43 AM
cinepuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

I was always reticent when it came to promoting this site over there, since I didn't want some mass migration of all the idiots from that forum to just set up shop here. It was more of a "we like what we see from you, why don't you come check out this forum, instead?" I think triggrman recruited me to this site by just such means

Dude, you KNOW this team would be in better shape with Yonkman on the blueline. Don't deny it!

Old
04-06-2010, 11:02 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinepuck View Post
Dude, you KNOW this team would be in better shape with Yonkman on the blueline. Don't deny it!
:smurf:

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Adz

Quote:

I still post over there occasionally just because it's habit, but the format just killed the place. I guess I'm trying to destroy the fanbase, too.

Last edited by Adz: 04-06-2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Dumb stuff.
Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:31 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

ahhh... werent you NMK over here as well?

As you can see by my registration date, Ive had an acct here a while (invited by pred303 just as you were3 by trigg) but Ive become more active, like many, since the np board tanked.

a couple years ago this board really didnt seem to be for more than the true "hockey savvy" posters, but now it is a lot like the np boards were in their good days.... where a less experienced fan can learn a lot more of the in depth workings of a hockey game...

Old
04-06-2010, 11:50 AM
nine_inch_fang

yeah V82 the "social" aspect is what was missing from this forum before. Other teams had that vibe here on HF just not the Preds.

It would be cool to get a little of the "social community" feel to these boards while keeping the higher standard of hockey talk. The moderation at HF is a major deterrent to some of the sillyness that happened over at np.com

Old
04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
yeah V82 the "social" aspect is what was missing from this forum before. Other teams had that vibe here on HF just not the Preds.

It would be cool to get a little of the "social community" feel to these boards while keeping the higher standard of hockey talk. The moderation at HF is a major deterrent to some of the sillyness that happened over at np.com
and the shame of it is we finally have good moderation on the np boards but theres precious little left to moderate.

hopefully more of the crossover posters who were both social and hockey talkers will find there way here.

Old
04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
and the shame of it is we finally have good moderation on the np boards but theres precious little left to moderate.

hopefully more of the crossover posters who were both social and hockey talkers will find there way here.
to be honest, some of the "social" element over there was one of the things that kind of drove me off to begin with. It's one thing for everyone to be friends, and maybe even have "OT" threads, but it had gotten to the point where otherwise good posters were using topical threads..GDTs, prospect updates, whatever, as a social platform. Like, you'd have:

good post
reply to good post
friend of original good poster coming in and making inside joke
other friends laughing
thread travels far off topic
someone quotes original good post, thread returns to hockey talk.

It required a lot of wading, if you weren't "in" on the joke.

Old
04-06-2010, 02:27 PM
nine_inch_fang

isn't that what moderation is for?