HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Carle of The Philadelphia Flyers

Old
04-05-2010, 07:08 PM
captainpaxil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
heh. no thanks. that's about as polite as I can be.

Tyutin straight up for Carle is something I'd be up for. Philly saves about a million in cap at the cost of slightly downgrading at D.
philly takes on salary in the deal i proposed. shedding space isnt a factor.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:

Tyutin straight up for Carle is something I'd be up for. Philly saves about a million in cap at the cost of slightly downgrading at D.
I'd do Tyutin for Carle straight-up. I'd see if I could get a late pick or something in addition though.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 08:53 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:

What about without Filatov?

And I wouldn't mind Tyutin, since he is more of a 2 way D, Carle's offense is pretty wasted here behind Pronger and Timonen on the PP.

Tyutin + 4th for Carle?

How is Tyutin on the PK?

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 04-05-2010 at 09:02 PM.
HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
I'd sell my mother to get rid of Mike Commodore, so of course I'd take that.
*headdesk*

So, basically, you're willing to take yet another top-6 tweener center who's massively overpaid, another minor-league center's RFA rights, and yet another top-4 tweener defenseman's RFA rights in return for our best prospect, our best character forward/clutch scorer/playoff performer and locker room leader, and the chance to fulfill a vindictive personal agenda?

G-d forbid you ever run this team.

Don't get me wrong; I like Coburn. But that trade... *shudder*

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:49 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
*headdesk*

So, basically, you're willing to take yet another top-6 tweener center who's massively overpaid, another minor-league center's RFA rights, and yet another top-4 tweener defenseman's RFA rights in return for our best prospect, our best character forward/clutch scorer/playoff performer and locker room leader, and the chance to fulfill a vindictive personal agenda?

G-d forbid you ever run this team.

Don't get me wrong; I like Coburn. But that trade... *shudder*
honestly dont see it. colombus gets the best player in briere and this the rare circumstance where he isnt the most overpaid player in the deal with commodore coming the other way.

Old
04-06-2010, 12:40 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Tyutin for Carle does nothing to help solidify the CBJ blueline. Tyutin is bigger, tougher, faster, and to top it off, he's cheaper. If CBJ can't afford to acquire a true 25 min d-man, Tyutin does a better job than Carle, temporarily filling that role, until one is developed internally.

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Tyutin for Carle does nothing to help solidify the CBJ blueline. Tyutin is bigger, tougher, faster, and to top it off, he's cheaper. If CBJ can't afford to acquire a true 25 min d-man, Tyutin does a better job than Carle, temporarily filling that role, until one is developed internally.
This. Seriously I can't believe people would consider Tyutin for Carle a good deal.

Plus, the point of adding Carle would be to strengthen the existing blueline, yes? You'd end up having to replace Tyutin then.

Old
04-06-2010, 05:22 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
This. Seriously I can't believe people would consider Tyutin for Carle a good deal.

Plus, the point of adding Carle would be to strengthen the existing blueline, yes? You'd end up having to replace Tyutin then.
i could see the rationale from our end as its the same reason i offered coburn in the other proposal. i see tyutin and coburn complimenting each other very well. i wouldnt do it for much the same reasons (cant really replace carles offense)

Old
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
What about without Filatov?

And I wouldn't mind Tyutin, since he is more of a 2 way D, Carle's offense is pretty wasted here behind Pronger and Timonen on the PP.

Tyutin + 4th for Carle?

How is Tyutin on the PK?
Late to the party but I'll add my $0.02 anyway....

Tyutin has had an inconsistent (at this point considered below par) year but he is a top 4 d-man on most teams. Moving him for Carle doesn't make sense for Columbus. Carle is A) not an upgrade, B) more expensive and C) not well rounded.

Tyutin plays on the top PP unit, the top PK unit (or at least the 2nd PK unit) and logs heavy minutes 5 v 5. He's a very solid all around d-man but, as mentioned, had a rough year in Columbus.

If Tyutin goes anywhere it's part of a package for an upgrade.

Not bashing just trying to say that Tyutin for Carle doesn't work and to have the CBJ add a 4th is crazy.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote