HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks sign SEL goalie Eddie Läck

Old
04-06-2010, 04:22 AM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Schneider and 2nd for Carle. Done.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 04:26 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Schneider and 2nd for Carle. Done.
Don't need Carle. Need shutdown guys.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 04:27 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
Don't need Carle. Need shutdown guys.
Parent or Coburn?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Man, Brynas can't catch a break between the pipes these days. I wonder who they'll pick up this summer.

Good pickup for Vancouver, he was pretty solid in relief for Markstrom this year. Seeing a lot of work in the AHL should do him good.
Looks like Brynäs already signed Mattias Modig from Luleå...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=2356

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 02:40 PM
distin

He's a decent prospect. I would put him in the same category as the signing of Johan Backlund by Philly last year but Läck, given to his age, should have more potential. However, I don't see a huge impact player on NHL-level in Läck. Maybe a Erik Ersberg/Johan Hedberg type of career if he reaches his potential? That's not all bad after all..

distin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 03:16 PM
caley

Confirmed by Canucks

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|VAN|home

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 03:40 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Don't know why people are assuming Schneider is gone because of this signing. If anything, it indicates that Schneider will be backing up Luongo. Raycroft should get some nice FA offers after his good year in Vancouver and they will need someone to take over on the Moose from Cory.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Soth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Don't know why people are assuming Schneider is gone because of this signing. If anything, it indicates that Schneider will be backing up Luongo. Raycroft should get some nice FA offers after his good year in Vancouver and they will need someone to take over on the Moose from Cory.
This. Raycroft has done amazing as a backup for Vancouver, and Vancouver fans will miss him, but he is likely gone next season. We need to get Schneider in as backup for Luongo to up his value so we can trade him later. Läck will likely take over for the Moose.

Soth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Laterade

Quote:
Originally Posted by distin View Post
He's a decent prospect. I would put him in the same category as the signing of Johan Backlund by Philly last year but Läck, given to his age, should have more potential. However, I don't see a huge impact player on NHL-level in Läck. Maybe a Erik Ersberg/Johan Hedberg type of career if he reaches his potential? That's not all bad after all..
He probably has better potential than that, but I agree that his career will be lackluster.

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Lz68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterade View Post
He probably has better potential than that, but I agree that his career will be lackluster.
I don't see a problem if he pegs out as a career backup with lu signed till the end of time.

Lz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Ace of Canucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Parent or Coburn?
Schneider and 2nd(11) for Coburn.

Or Schneider for Parent + prospect.

Ace of Canucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 05:13 AM
Chelle
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by distin View Post
A can not se him become better then Hedberg, similar level at best. We need to remember that he doesn’t have been a starter in SEL, so he is still unproven at higher levels. But who knows, he has a great size and good mobility, maybe he will pan out well. He has the tools to be good.

Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 06:44 PM
magumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by illogic View Post
Luongo will likely be moved. Nucks need cap room.

i dont think any nhl franchise has change for a billion dollars

magumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Hockfan*

Means nothing. Lack to the farm team for the next 5 years

Hockfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman3 View Post
Nobody, Lack will be on the farm and Schneider will backup Lu.
I can't speak for Schneider, but if I was in his free-agent shoes, the last thing I'd be doing would be re-signing with a team where I'm going to be opening the bench door for somebody else every night for the next ten years.

And, knowing that I was a free agent and knowing that my team knows that I'm a pending free agent, I'd take my team's signing of another goaltender as a slap in my face. To me, that's Vancouver telling Schneider, "we're not going to offer you any kind of a significant raise, and if you don't want to take the role as Luongo's understudy, we'll give it to Lack."

If the Blues don't offer-sheet Schneider at 12:01 AM on July 1, they're either nuts, or completely asleep at the wheel...

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2010, 08:31 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I can't speak for Schneider, but if I was in his free-agent shoes, the last thing I'd be doing would be re-signing with a team where I'm going to be opening the bench door for somebody else every night for the next ten years.

And, knowing that I was a free agent and knowing that my team knows that I'm a pending free agent, I'd take my team's signing of another goaltender as a slap in my face. To me, that's Vancouver telling Schneider, "we're not going to offer you any kind of a significant raise, and if you don't want to take the role as Luongo's understudy, we'll give it to Lack."

If the Blues don't offer-sheet Schneider at 12:01 AM on July 1, they're either nuts, or completely asleep at the wheel...
Schneider already had the option to exercise his right to become a free agent and not sign with the Canucks, but he showed loyalty and did so despite knowing he was behind Luongo on the depth chart. Clearly he values this environment as an opportunity to develop behind a great goaltender and backing up next season is simply the next step.

I don't know how Lack being signed would offend Schneider in any way. He's trying to transition into the NHL, why would he be concerned about someone being brought in to fill a role he is vacating?

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote