HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cinepuck is here to save the day!

Old
04-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Eh, haven't been over there in 6-7 years probably, now that I think about it. At the time, it seemed that most of the quality info was on here, and you don't have to wade through as much "fanboy/girl" type stuff here either. Moderation here is very good as well, and that's what makes this place great.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 04:28 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
I have to admit I liked coming over here knowing no one knew who I was and was able to just talk hockey. now that glen, lisa, andy, and 101 are here, I may have to find another new forum

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Bad Karma

You can't hide forever.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:00 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I have to admit I liked coming over here knowing no one knew who I was and was able to just talk hockey. now that glen, lisa, andy, and 101 are here, I may have to find another new forum
LoL.

I haven't posted on the Preds boards since July/August 2008. I did every-now-and-then, but never lurked over there like i did/do here.

Now that I have someone in the know close to me, I have to watch what I post here too. So I usually just keep to myself and lurk on HF.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:07 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
LoL.

I haven't posted on the Preds boards since July/August 2008. I did every-now-and-then, but never lurked over there like i did/do here.

Now that I have someone in the know close to me, I have to watch what I post here too. So I usually just keep to myself and lurk on HF.
ah, the double edged sword of insider info... great to have a source, but you either have to be so vague as to be not believable, of risk getting your source in trouble...

I do admit, however, its always fun to try to find out who really does have inside info and who is full of crap

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
i know for a fact utmfish is full of crap.

i get most of my real-world news from the lounge though, so im no better.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:37 PM
cjerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post

i get most of my real-world news from the lounge though, so im no better.
So I'm not the only one doing that... though sometimes I wonder how skewed my opinion of things is because of that.

Then again, without the lounge, who knew milk existed in bags?

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:19 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerina View Post
So I'm not the only one doing that... though sometimes I wonder how skewed my opinion of things is because of that.

Then again, without the lounge, who knew milk existed in bags?
I did

Oh... you didn't mean those

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
I know...I'm still waiting for my congrats on winning the Preds L2 League Championship on Sunday night...

Music City HC rocks!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:32 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

By the way, I'm also a convert from the np.com boards. I'm known, or not, by hockeydogma over there. Don't post very often, but I do go lurk the Obv Box 2 thread. I still really enjoy getting insight from pred303 after games.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:48 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
So glad I'm not the only one who ditched the old official boards to come here.
That place is so ugly now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
That place is dead too. I don't even lurk over there, and that is what I do best.
Seriously. I have been a hockey fan for years but this is the first season that I've been into it enough to discuss it online. I joined the official site when the season started but it was soooo dead and boring. We'd score a goal and no one would post about it. I googled "hockey forum" and came across this place and instantly fell in love. I like that there is so much more than just the Preds forum. Plus people actually post in the Preds forum. Wayyy better than the official board. I haven't even checked it since I joined here in January.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Pred303

well, so this is where everyone has gone! lol.. glad there's still some pred hockey talk going on at least somewhere

wish i could post more on here, but it's difficult as i cann't access this place from work

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 07:32 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
well, so this is where everyone has gone! lol.. glad there's still some pred hockey talk going on at least somewhere

wish i could post more on here, but it's difficult as i cann't access this place from work
With a title like yours, get the firewall opened to allow HF.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 07:46 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
that's kinda what i was thinking.....

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 10:29 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Many of us used to read and/or post both places, but I actually posted here before posting there if my memory serves me. Anyway, welcome to all of the newcomers! It is good to have a vibrant community here. I always felt Nashville was underrepresented on HFBoards. Don't be afraid to ask the regulars if you have questions about how things work around here.

If there is one no-no I would caution you against as a newbie, just to keep it cool, it would be not to go to ANOTHER team's game day thread and talk trash. It is ok to post over there as long as you are respectful. Other than that, things are pretty relaxed around here and the mods keep threads on topic. We are glad to have you around!!!

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
Many of us used to read and/or post both places, but I actually posted here before posting there if my memory serves me. Anyway, welcome to all of the newcomers! It is good to have a vibrant community here. I always felt Nashville was underrepresented on HFBoards. Don't be afraid to ask the regulars if you have questions about how things work around here.

If there is one no-no I would caution you against as a newbie, just to keep it cool, it would be not to go to ANOTHER team's game day thread and talk trash. It is ok to post over there as long as you are respectful. Other than that, things are pretty relaxed around here and the mods keep threads on topic. We are glad to have you around!!!
Seconded. This board prides itself on being civil...we have a lighthearted banter with some of the longtime Jackets fans on this board, but you really don't see that much trolling...definitely not like we used to get on gamedays over on np.com from Wings\Blues fans. Also, to the newcomers...don't make the mistake of limiting yourself to only the Preds subforum. There's a ton of value to be found on the main boards...the National Hockey League talk forum, trade rumors\proposals, and if you ever want first-hand info on how our prospects are doing, there's some extremely knowledgeable folks who follow the CHL\NCAA and even some of the European leagues that will offer objective opinions. It's also a great place to research prospects for the upcoming drafts.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Actually, we get no trolling here that I've seen.
Although I got into trouble for telling some Wings fans that, in fact, the correct way to refer to our team is "the Predators" not the "the sexual Predators"...

Last edited by Seth Lake: 04-06-2010 at 11:47 PM. Reason: borderline mod abuse
Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:42 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I don't even remember if I signed up for an account on the other site, but almost never checked over there.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:49 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Actually, we get no trolling here that I've seen.
Although I got into trouble for telling some Wings fans that, in fact, the correct way to refer to our team is "the Predators" not the "the sexual Predators"...
They can be sexual predators too.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:45 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Welcome to all the new people. And also to those not so new, but just quiet.

I used to post a bit on the old boards. Someone over there put up a link to a poll on here and to vote I had to sign up, so I did. I used to read both boards, but then I just started getting tired of some people over there and stopped reading. I went back a couple of years ago, posted some. But it just wasn't the same as here. And I really didn't like the last change of the boards.

I didn't mind reading the official boards, but I just got tired of some of the people and their same spiel every day. But I like that here has boards for every team and league. Plus with so many people from all the different teams here, you find out so much more info on the teams and more hockey news in general.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Hopefully this means we get a bigger community. I spent a lot of time on the Oilers boards and it's great having a big community.
Posted via Mobile Device

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:43 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
if hes using the computer that has my account in it, he can keep the firewall up, thanks!

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 10:41 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
LoL. I'll tell her that and see what she says. Actually, I might tell Lucy to give you h**l for saying that about her friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
ah, the double edged sword of insider info... great to have a source, but you either have to be so vague as to be not believable, of risk getting your source in trouble...

I do admit, however, its always fun to try to find out who really does have inside info and who is full of crap
I agree. I have been good to keep my mouth shut. Right Patty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I know...I'm still waiting for my congrats on winning the Preds L2 League Championship on Sunday night...

Music City HC rocks!!!
Haha, your "congrats" is getting your tail kicked in the PL But no seriously. Congrats dude. The PL is going to be REALLY tough next year. Especially with the 3 teams that are being moved up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post

Haha. I actually haven't seen very many people down at the glass before games anymore either! So not only did they leave np.com boards, but they stopped attending the pre-game glass meeting.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 10:53 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Nice to see the good ones over here. You know, I didn't even register for np.com after the format change.

I've actually been on this site since the old format here back in like 97 I think.

I stopped posting here for awhile then Smokey got me back on here. I post on the main boards more than the Nashville boards though but I do read the post here.

It's a good group here, we even have a lighter version on old hickory in duls... Wouldn't actually mind OH coming over here. He was hard headed but he did know hockey..

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Bad Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
They can be sexual predators too.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote