HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#79 - 04.06.2010 | New York Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres | 7:00 PM - MSG PLUS (HD)

Old
04-06-2010, 10:37 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Youd take Richards but not Thornton or Chara?

We are on different wavelengths completely.

St Louis is one I would def stay away from for a long deal.
Fitzy, I guess we can agree to disagree LOL. But in all seriousness, I don't want any here if they have to overpay, even by a million.

I like Thornton just not someone I'd build a franchise around. I like the Sharks a lot too, and will start rooting for them as soon as the Rangers are out, but I just don't see him as the right fit for NY especially with the media and fans.

Richards is pretty consistent but as I said, I'd only give him a 3 year deal, nothing more.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I just dont like Richards. Hes inconsistant and unreliable.

People want a #1 center? Thornton is a legit #1 center, one of the better out there.

Mikko Koivu is more your perfect #2 center.

Chara? hell Im against any more big name UFA signings but if there had to be one guy it would be him.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 10:41 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Joe Thornton-Pass, playoff no show and if he had a bad ending in Boston, in NY when things get rough......

Zdeno Chara-He's already starting to decline, pass

Thornton - since lockout he has 35 points in 41 playoff games. Not great but also not bad either. At some point you need to blame his teammates as well.

Chara - Agree - Definitely declining but still good for 40+ points. Unfortunately I dont think we'll be contending in next couple years so bringing in Chara makes no sense. Max I would give him is a 2 year deal.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

ilya kovalchuk needs to be priority 1, 2, and 3....im going to make a nice long rant on it in a bit, but first i get to do squats...yay!

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 10:50 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Honestly, I'm down for only some minor free agent signings. In the history of the Rangers, I think they've had like two big name free agents who work; LaRouche and Gretzky. So far Gabby but this story is far from over.

It's always the subtle ones whether Nylander, Prospal, heck, even freaking Cory Cross who turn out ok because there's not as much pressure or expectations.

Instead of Volchenkov or Hamnius, why not go for a cheaper reliable short term option like a Lilja from Detroit, Seidenberg, Boullion, etc.

For a forward, don't go for Plekanec he's not gonna live up to his contract. Kovy will be very expensive See if Frolov who's having a meh year can be had on the cheap, Stempniak as a PP guy, maybe Burish to play with Artem and Prust, Svatos, etc.

Think cheaper and only 2-3 year deals.

Also, Chicago is in cap misery, I'm sure the Rangers can work something out with them for a Sharp, Versteeg, or MAYBE in a million years....Bfyglien who would be sick here.

Old
04-06-2010, 11:13 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Honestly, I'm down for only some minor free agent signings. In the history of the Rangers, I think they've had like two big name free agents who work; LaRouche and Gretzky. So far Gabby but this story is far from over.

It's always the subtle ones whether Nylander, Prospal, heck, even freaking Cory Cross who turn out ok because there's not as much pressure or expectations.

Instead of Volchenkov or Hamnius, why not go for a cheaper reliable short term option like a Lilja from Detroit, Seidenberg, Boullion, etc.

For a forward, don't go for Plekanec he's not gonna live up to his contract. Kovy will be very expensive See if Frolov who's having a meh year can be had on the cheap, Stempniak as a PP guy, maybe Burish to play with Artem and Prust, Svatos, etc.

Also, Chicago is in cap misery, I'm sure the Rangers can work something out with them for a Sharp, Versteeg, or MAYBE in a million years....Bfyglien who would be sick here.
Agree with pretty much everything.

And I too have been saying it, we need Buff on this team.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:25 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Agree with pretty much everything.

And I too have been saying it, we need Buff on this team.
Buff is gonna cost a pretty penny or three but maybe it's doable if Chi can't trade anyone else. They are already $1million over the Cap have like 14 players under contract, and Niemi isn't even one of them.

If everyone likes the alleged 4th line now; can you imagine a 3rd line of Anisimov with Buff and some combo of Prust/Weise/Grachev?

I'd love to see any of Buff/Verseteeg/Bolland/Sharp on this team next year.

Old
04-06-2010, 11:56 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Another half-@**ed effort by this team to make/do something in the playoffs only to fail and have yet another late lottry pick. Any moron with half a brain could have told you either way they'd get a terrible pick. Get into the playoffs and get swept they get a bad pick... or better yet I knew they'd end up in 9th and have a crap pick to go with a crap team. I AM SO HAPPY HOCKEY SEASON IS DONE, this time disgusts me beyond belief, there is nothing to cheer about, or even put it on to get mad at them, they are just not worth it anymore. An indifferent attitude for a mediocre team, it seems fitting...

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:56 AM
ThisYearsModel

Didn't see the post game. What did Torts say about the goalie that he threw under the bus? Did Hank get the license plate of the bus?

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Hank threw the rangers under the bus in this one.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 01:48 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Jagr didn't work out? That's news to me.

My off-season targets are Aasen, Jagr, Plekanec, and Volchenkov.

Quote:

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Off-season should go like this:

1) Find a way to clear cap space
1A) re-sign key players
2) Get in the game for Kovalchuk, plan b at forward position should be Marleau, Plekanec
3) Get in game for Volchenkov, plan b at defense should be Seidenberg

Look I know you don't build teams through free agency but guess what, if the team needs improvement and it's not coming via prospects because they aren't ready, you either A) look to trade or B) sign a free agent. It's ok to sign free agents, just make sure you're smart about it aka Redden.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post

1A) re-sign key players
2) Get in the game for Kovalchuk, plan b at forward position should be Marleau, Plekanec

Look I know you don't build teams through free agency but guess what, if the team needs improvement and it's not coming via prospects because they aren't ready, you either A) look to trade or B) sign a free agent. It's ok to sign free agents, just make sure you're smart about it aka Redden.
With Sather as GM I go with option A.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 05:24 AM
McDonaghisGod
Ranger fan=masochist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post

1A) re-sign key players

Sather has proven time and time again that he is incredibly stupid when it comes to signing free agents. What's going to change this time around?

McDonaghisGod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:03 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

hpNYR-Jagr was a trade for Anson Carter, plus half his salary was paid by the Caps and it was prorated after the lockout so he doesn't count.

Old
04-07-2010, 09:00 AM
mm11

[QUOTE=White Plains Batman;24972750]There's still one more year of Drury and Rozi but for argument's sake.

Brad Richards-I'd do a 3 year deal for him but nothing too long or too crazy. He wants anything longer, no.

Joe Thornton-Pass, playoff no show and if he had a bad ending in Boston, in NY when things get rough......

Patrice Bergeron-pass, a little too banged up, and his potential isn't better than anything in the system

Martin St. Louis-a Naslund type deal (2 years) if there's a need for a speedy winger but not if they already sign another UFA.

Mikko Koivu-not good enough, pass.

Zdeno Chara-He's already starting to decline, pass

Kevin Bieksa-Good but I think the Rangers system will be fine by that point. Let's see what a Kundratek or one of the KHL tag team if they come over (Tank and Pashnian) can do.

[/QUOTE can you explain this statemen below?

Patrice Bergeron-pass, a little too banged up, and his potential isn't better than anything in the system.

Are you suggesting the blue shirts have prospects in the system that have Patrice Bergeron potential? May I ask whom? Grachev? The guy who scored all of 12 goals and 16 assists in the AHL playing over 70 games plus? Stepan, ? Kreider? Both kids Stepan and Kreider are looking good and progressing but are a long way off before they are at Patrice Bergeron NHL level. Take a peak at Bergeron's Junior WJC numbers as well ? safe to say they were even better than Stepan's epic WJC championship as Bergeron nailed it (2) years in a row. Bergeron made the nhl at age 19 and at age 21 I believe scored over 70 points .

I hope Stepan is Bergeronesque for blue shirt fans but he has alot of accomplishments to achieve before he gets there.

As far as Krieder, I personally love the way he plays. He does not put up huge numbers but he is always a threat on the Ice. Atleast at the NCAA level and at the WJC level. He reminds me of Eric Cole in that he plays the off wing and just blazes to the net. I would not be shocked to see a 30 goal speedy sniper like a Tony Amonte possibly.

Not the two way Center Bergeron is at this moment though so I assume the only prospect the blue shirts that has Bergeron potential must be Stepan? That's alot of pressure on a 2nd rounder eh?

The rangers seem to be getting some good luck in the 2nd round picks lately, I think Duby is a 2nd rounder no? I guess Grachev can be considered a good pick but playing alongside Duchene and Hodgson in the OHL whom quite possibly are one of the (2) best hockey players under 20 in the world at the moment might of helped this russian get decent OHL numbers at a point a game. In reality, big deal, a point a game at the OHL level? Then the next year has to be dissapointing to blue shirt fans with this underwhelming AHL rookie year of 12 measly goals and 16 assists with a whopping 14PIMS for a guy over 6'3?

Just to put this in perspective, The NYI have a kid named Matt Martin in their system whom is over 6'2 and drafted in the 2008 draft like Grachev but drafted I think in the 6th round or so. he played one year of OHL after his draft year and put over a point a game like grachev, was named team captain and then proceeded to play in the AHL for Brideport. Martin scored 12 goals like grachev in his first year and totaled 19 assists with well over 100 PIMS getting very little PP time and first line possibilities like Grachev.

Grachev is the blueshirts top prospect or top 3 prospect, Matt Martin is lucky to be in the NYI top 10 and the Isles are not promoting Martin as their number one prospect as he is building behind the barn so to speak. Is it a case of ranger fans overhyping their guys? time will tell but all (3) ranger supposedly top prospects have alot of work to be at the Patrice Bergeron level IMO. I wish them luck

anyone else?

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:09 AM
mm11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick00 View Post
If he continues to play like he did in the first we won't win, unless Miller has an equally bad or worse night, which is unlikely.
This team isn't the Capitals or the Blackhawks, we can't get **** goaltending and still come away with a positive goal diff.
I mean when was the last time we really bailed Lundqvist out?
againts the NYI last game if I recall ...only a few games ago to be honest

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Last nights game encompassed just about all the bad things regarding Torts' team.

Specifically, the team being absolutely lost defensively, especially on the rush.

And, of course, Torts' decision to pull Lundqvist and make himself bigger than the game once again.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 01:46 PM
ZacUSNYR

Is a hockey game suppose to make you angry? I'm usually ok with a loss, usually get disappointed but able to say 'eh well'.

But the game last night made me angry.

I think it has to do with the fact it was the Buffalo feed and the commentary is absolutely the worst sports commentary i've ever heard. The unbelievable whiney excitement of who ever that double doucher is for Buffalo was beyond irritating - he sounds like he's going to have an aneurysm when someone in a Sabres jersey gets the puck.

Also the Lundqvist bashing was unreal - little cheap shots at him throughout the game, esp when he was replaced by Auld.

Ugh now i'm angry again Part of me just wants this season to end. Also, why is the capital district considered a Buffalo market/territory?????

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 01:50 PM
ZacUSNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Last nights game encompassed just about all the bad things regarding Torts' team.

Specifically, the team being absolutely lost defensively, especially on the rush.

And, of course, Torts' decision to pull Lundqvist and make himself bigger than the game once again.
Oh please. Lundqvist had a high level of irritation last night after the 2nd goal and Tortorella did not pull him to punish him.

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:35 PM
FOXHOUND*

let's hope they can do this against the better teams...oh wait...

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote