HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else think Anderson is injured?

Old
04-07-2010, 05:16 AM
TheStranger

vCash: 500
Anyone else think Anderson is injured?

Not sure if this has been mentioned in any other threads, haven't seen any dedicated solely to the subject, so I'm just wondering.

I've been watching him very closely over the last 5 games or so, which decidedly haven't been very good for him, in fact his last 10 or more haven't been very good at ALL. What I've noticed is he really can't move to his right very well, nothing at all like before the Olympics when he was very fast laterally. It seems as though he can't extend his right leg, and has to slide further to compensate which usually causes him to over slide which has resulted in several goals because he's basically out of his net to the right side.

Maybe I'm just crazy but it really seems that way. He also hasn't been able to get up as fast as he was in the past, and has(even more than usual) resorted to rolling around in the crease. Even on plays that seem to give him a lot of time to get back up and set himself again, he can be found on his knees/butt in the crease after several seconds.

Has anyone else notice some of his movements being hindered? I think teams have picked up on something which has resulted in them focusing on a weakness that I don't think was there earlier in the season.

This doesn't explain his poor glove hand lately though

TheStranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Hermit Wizard Eater

Nope.

Imo he looks about the same in regards to rolling around his crease, sliding out position, etc.

He's just letting in more average goals and not making those incredible 1 inch saves.

Hermit Wizard Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 10:40 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1500
I wouldnt be surprised if he was. His lateral movement just doesnt look the same as it did earlier in the year. He is also taking a long time to get up after making saves.

Sacco better start Budaj atleast a couple games before the playoffs.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:18 AM
quesosauce

he looks slower than before, which is easily explaned via fatigue, i also think he kinda lost his mental edge during the olympic break, hes not as fiesty and challenging shooters like he used to

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:30 AM
scullion44

I have a feeling he'll be real strong during the playoffs and will return to his october-november self.

scullion44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:11 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

No. Though I believe Stewart has to have a lower body injury.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote