HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#80: Flyers @ Maple Leafs - April 6, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
04-07-2010, 08:24 AM
JSTAFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
I'd MUCH rather play Buffalo or the Debbies, but I really can't see a professional team tanking to get a matchup in the playoffs. Maybe I'm simply oblivious to it, but I just can't imagine that a team would go out with the intention of losing.
Didn't the Devils do it last year to avoid us first round? I can't remember.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Cleary84

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Didn't the Devils do it last year to avoid us first round? I can't remember.
I believe the Penguins did it to us in 07-08.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:27 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Watching that game last night looked like 2 evenly matched teams. That is sad. Knowing how this team fold under pressure more times than not, they better hope the rangers lose tonight.
Your confidence always overwhelms me

04-07-2010, 08:29 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Watching that game last night looked like 2 evenly matched teams. That is sad. Knowing how this team fold under pressure more times than not, they better hope the rangers lose tonight.
I know the Leafs are in last place, and it isnt a good thing, but they actually have been beating alot of teams with their current squad. Or atleast giving these teams some trouble. I dont think its a HUGE bad thing, but I do agree that they need to come out in the 3rd alittle stronger. They sat on their ***** the whole time and almost got it tied up.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Talbetts

Am I the only one that wants no parts of Buffalo/Ryan Miller? As weird as it may sound, I would rather play Washington in the first round....get them over with. We win, we're riding a high the rest of the playoffs. We lose, we lost to a damn talented (offensive) team.

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Talbetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I know the Leafs are in last place, and it isnt a good thing, but they actually have been beating alot of teams with their current squad. Or atleast giving these teams some trouble. I dont think its a HUGE bad thing, but I do agree that they need to come out in the 3rd alittle stronger. They sat on their ***** the whole time and almost got it tied up.

Agreed. I have to say, Stalberg looked pretty good out there last night and TO did bring it in the 3rd.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieHexBergEry View Post
Am I the only one that wants no parts of Buffalo/Ryan Miller? As weird as it may sound, I would rather play Washington in the first round....get them over with. We win, we're riding a high the rest of the playoffs. We lose, we lost to a damn talented (offensive) team.
Around the Olympic break I would have preferred Buffalo because I thought Miller would have slowed down by now. He hasn't, so I'd prefer Washington over them.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Talbetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Around the Olympic break I would have preferred Buffalo because I thought Miller would have slowed down by now. He hasn't, so I'd prefer Washington over them.
I think they could be a sleeper out of the East. With Miller in net, they could easily make an Anaheim/Giguere esque run....

Old
04-07-2010, 08:43 AM
jb**

Quote:
Lavy did a stevens or the players did a bad job executing. They did sit back way to much as you said. Just a very frustratring thing to watch. Never seen so many players miss the net as much as the flyers do. I mean point blank shots.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:43 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Your confidence always overwhelms me
nothing to do with confidence, it is reality.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Lavy did a stevens or the players did a bad job executing. They did sit back way to much as you said. Just a very frustratring thing to watch. Never seen so many players miss the net as much as the flyers do. I mean point blank shots.

You're not wrong here. So many chances we've blown this year by simply failing to finish. This along with our constant wide shots aiding opposing teams with quick odd man rushes. They seem to have gotten gap-control in the defensive zone shored up though....IMO, this was one of our biggest problems when trying to play responsible defensive hockey.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Kaktus*

Props to Lappy and Betts. Both had a hell of a game especially "old horse" Laperriere.

Props Boucher for that one rare save of the game. Good job there. Props to Biron for a rare SO win.

It would be nice to actually finish some chances we had in that game. We made Giggy look real good out there.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Until We Clinch A Spot, No More Talk About Who You Want To Face In The First Round. There's Also A Code For Fans To Live By.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:10 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Until We Clinch A Spot, No More Talk About Who You Want To Face In The First Round. There's Also A Code For Fans To Live By.
ya because you know how much fans talking about their team on a message board actually effects real life events.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Talbetts

Quote:
Would you rather talk about golf? Sorry, Mom.

Old
04-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Miss Mess

I am STILL pissed at Hartnell this morning. what an idiot

Boucher, Timonen, Pronger, Betts, Laperriere....all outstanding games. Our vets were taking care of business
Posted via Mobile Device

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Jester

Quote:
If we had a better goaltending situation I might agree with you, but I fear Boucher would get absolute lit up by the finishers on the Caps.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Jester

Quote:
Yeah, Toronto is a young team that has been coming together and has guys playing for spots next year...it was their final home game of the year... and the margin for error in the NHL is rather slim even with the worst teams in the NHL.

They went 9-5-2 in March, and recently recorded wins over Ottawa, NJ, MON, ATL, Rangers.... and had a SO loss to the Pens, and OT loss to BOS. They're playing teams tough.

Old
04-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Talbetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
If we had a better goaltending situation I might agree with you, but I fear Boucher would get absolute lit up by the finishers on the Caps.
Very true, and they do scare me too....the only hope that I would have is that Boucher gets on one of those ridiculous hot streaks that he's been known to do in the past. That would be our only hope....or Pronger just lays some people OUT all series.

Old
04-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Jester

Quote:
Very true, and they do scare me too....the only hope that I would have is that Boucher gets on one of those ridiculous hot streaks that he's been known to do in the past. That would be our only hope....or Pronger just lays some people OUT all series.
Even if he did, I'm not sure it would be enough for him to contain the Caps. Buffalo is good, but beatable. We have the offense when the light is on to overcome Miller, and they don't have the danger at the forward position that puts the fear of God in you...given Boucher, I'll take that team.

Old
04-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
i wouldnt mind getting the caps. IF boucher doesnt **** the bed, and our defense steps up, the caps are ****ed. their defense is abysmal, and their goaltending average. i could see the richards/JVR/ROOOO line wrecking face. doesnt matter if we dont shut their offense down though.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Talbetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Even if he did, I'm not sure it would be enough for him to contain the Caps. Buffalo is good, but beatable. We have the offense when the light is on to overcome Miller, and they don't have the danger at the forward position that puts the fear of God in you...given Boucher, I'll take that team.
Coburn would definitely have to be on his A game. Timonen and Pronger I trust, but he would need to hold his ground (Semin comes to mind). He's been playing much better recently and I think/hope he will continue throughout the playoffs. I think with the Caps it would be all about our defense...

Old
04-07-2010, 10:41 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Coburn would definitely have to be on his A game. Timonen and Pronger I trust, but he would need to hold his ground (Semin comes to mind). He's been playing much better recently and I think/hope he will continue throughout the playoffs. I think with the Caps it would be all about our defense...
Id rather put Coburn vs Ovy than vs Semin. Semin dangles Coburn so easily

Anyone else miss Sami Kapanen? I would love to have him at LW with Betts and Lappy. (Carcillo on the 3rd line)

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 04-07-2010 at 10:57 AM.
HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Boosh made #6 on sportscenter's top 10. ryan miller was number 2, with that insane save on a one timer

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:03 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
what is the deal with caps in front of each word in that sentance?
no harm in talking about it IMO

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote