HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hemsky to Columbus

Old
04-06-2010, 11:18 PM
The Moose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fury View Post
Edmonton gives up their best player and two decent prospects for a pick outside the top 5 in a weak draft and a headcase who will probably never play an NHL game? Seems fair...
This!

The Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:53 PM
oil country 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
"Pulling a Wheeler" is something Nash can't do - it's a different thing altogether.

If Nash becomes a free agent, it's just a plain old case of graduating.
maybe someone can clarify? I read the other day that nash can be unrestricted next year if he does not sign this summer?

If this happens and it sounds like a 50/50 bet at best that he signs we would lose him for nothig ala wheeler.

oil country 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil country 83 View Post
maybe someone can clarify? I read the other day that nash can be unrestricted next year if he does not sign this summer?

If this happens and it sounds like a 50/50 bet at best that he signs we would lose him for nothig ala wheeler.
He has until August 15 next year to sign. If not, then he becomes a free agent.

Wheeler used a loophole that only applied to certain 2004 draftees which let him become a free agent a year early.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:24 AM
John Hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil country 83 View Post
Just wondering if hemsky to columbus might help both teams.

Hemmer,chorney + nash for filatov + # 7 pick this year.

Columbus gets someone who can skate and pass to nash, Edm can get a d man or el nino.

Thoughts
I thought this was Hemsky and Chorney for RICK Nash, Filatov, and a 7th rounder when I first read it.

Both trades are lopsided, IMO.

-JH.

John Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:32 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
No way Edmonton pays that much for so little.

No definite word on whether or not Filatov wants to even come back to the NHL. 7th could get a great guy like Kabanov, but he's nothing compared to Hemsky.

Counter:

Hemsky For Commadore, Filatov, Columbus 1st

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Live Breathe Hockey

do we just throw up some sexy names and hope that it sticks? was any thought put into this?

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:42 AM
ponokanocker

No thank you. I want no part of Filatov. His attitude, and chance that he won't even come to the NHL are way too big of issues. In my opinion, he's got negative value at this point.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:13 PM
bigdinc78

Send a message via MSN to bigdinc78
Filatov loves the NHL. He wants to play in NA he has said that and repeated that ever since being drafted. What transpired between him and Hitch is obviously worrisome. However a lot of players don't get along with Hitch, it's not uncommon. The Bluejackets obviously respect Filatov enough to loan him to a place where he can perform and be comfortable.

Whats the difference (realistically) between assigning him to the AHL or on loan to the KHL? Not much. Other than ice size and playing with potential team-mates.

He did have a slow start to the season.. 2 pts in his 10 games or whatever it was. But what player on that roster didn't end up having a bad season. :

It's like now that Zherdevs gone people still need a russian to **** on.

bigdinc78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 01:05 PM
oil country 83

You can say what you want about the proposal, If the stories from the media have legs about hemmer being tired of losing we need to find out now what his intentions are. This will become a huge distraction to a young team as his contract runs out.

I still believe nash is not a certainty to sign and if he doesn't we would lose him for nothing, because of this I think he is in play.

As far as overpayment Hemmer's best season was in the 70 point range, just to clarify hemmer is the oilers best player by far, but chorney is an ahl d man and if nash won't sign as i said he will be a ufa next summer.

Columbus may be the only team in the top ten willing to move there pick as they need to win now and we need in the top ten for el nino.

I find it amusing that 4 months ago we were building thread after thread with filatov proposals but now he is a headcase, anyway we will have to see what happens but there will be a significant price to pay for a second pick in the top ten and I don't think cogs,pos,nillson or omark will get it done.

oil country 83 is offline   Reply With Quote