HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#80: Flyers @ Maple Leafs - April 6, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
04-07-2010, 12:04 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Boosh made #6 on sportscenter's top 10. ryan miller was number 2, with that insane save on a one timer
I said it before, under the circumstances that save by Miller might have been the save of the year. wasnt it a 3 or 4 on 1 oddman rush? Sabres were up 3-2 there. Gaborik ties it who knows what happens.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:06 PM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
4 on 1 yeah

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Morinisbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
what is the deal with caps in front of each word in that sentance?
no harm in talking about it IMO
I was wondering the same. I'm guessing it is yelling, but in a polite way? Not sure. I think it's definitely a nice discussion to have at this time of the year. If wanted, I will agree to take full responsibilty if we dont make it. You can blame me instead of Hartnell or Coburn or Boosh...

Matchup will be very important, especially in the first round...

Morinisbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Morinisbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Id rather put Coburn vs Ovy than vs Semin. Semin dangles Coburn so easily

Anyone else miss Sami Kapanen? I would love to have him at LW with Betts and Lappy. (Carcillo on the 3rd line)
Sami was the man. We could put him on D against Semin. I wouldnt mind that dude who blocked the shot with his nuts too! I guess Lappy and Betts make up for that though...

Old
04-07-2010, 12:17 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieHexBergEry View Post
Sami was the man. We could put him on D against Semin. I wouldnt mind that dude who blocked the shot with his nuts too! I guess Lappy and Betts make up for that though...
Sami was awesome. He was the ultimate team player. Hes a guy who sacrificed his own point production for the team. If Hitchcock needed him to strap on the pads and play goal he would have done it.
The scene of Kapanen getting splattered into the boards by Tucker in that playoff game against the Leafs in 2004 and refusing to quit and get to the bench will never be forgotten by me or should any other Flyer fan forget that moment.

Old
04-07-2010, 12:20 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
And the Roenick barrels down the wing from the bench to score.

Kapanen is the MAN

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:41 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Quote:
what is the deal with caps in front of each word in that sentance?
no harm in talking about it IMO
You can't type in all caps

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Morinisbear

My favorite play in Flyers (since 80) history. The Boucher save is up there as well!

Old
04-07-2010, 12:44 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
You can't type in all caps
I know that. Still found it odd he typed that post the way he did.

Old
04-07-2010, 12:44 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
I know that. Still found it odd he typed that post the way he did.
That's what happens when you do.

Old
04-07-2010, 12:45 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
And the Roenick barrels down the wing from the bench to score.

Kapanen is the MAN
that moment had me believing it was our year.

Old
04-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

We beat the Maple Leafs, a hard working top tier AHL team. Big ****in' deal. We were outworked by scubs for significant amounts of time last night. There was a significant drop off, discipline-wise from the Detroit Game. We're still taking selfish (Timonen) lazy (Briere) and stupid (Harts) penalties. Against a Pens, Caps, Habs or Debs PP unit, we would have been blown away.

Torts is going to have the Rags ready to play these last 3 games, the odds are against them sure but The Rangers have one of the best goalies in the East, a balanced and grinding offence and a youthful d, who pinch as well as anyone in the league.

There's no entitlement in Flyers Hockey.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 01:38 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
We beat the Maple Leafs, a hard working top tier AHL team. Big ****in' deal. We were outworked by scubs for significant amounts of time last night. There was a significant drop off, discipline-wise from the Detroit Game. We're still taking selfish (Timonen) lazy (Briere) and stupid (Harts) penalties. Against a Pens, Caps, Habs or Debs PP unit, we would have been blown away.

Torts is going to have the Rags ready to play these last 3 games, the odds are against them sure but The Rangers have one of the best goalies in the East, a balanced and grinding offence and a youthful d, who pinch as well as anyone in the league.

Toronto has forced teams into the way they want to play since the allstar break. Play rough and physical and play dirty. keep the score low and hope for some breaks. The Leafs did the exact same thing last night. they took the Flyers out of their game plan and the Flyers took some undisciplined penalties. Look at the Leafs recent schedule and how they have played. Last night wasnt new. They have played this way for over a month. Toronto had one of the better records in the league since the allstar break.
The Flyers did what they had to do to get the 2 points. it was ugly and it wasnt pretty but at this point of the year thats how the games are played.
I am sure the Flyers will be ready to go this weekend.

Old
04-07-2010, 01:40 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:

2 points is 2 points right now.

And if we're good enough to beat the Rangers, we will.

Old
04-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Morinisbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
2 points is 2 points right now.

And if we're good enough to beat the Rangers, we will.
Agreed. The Rangers will be a tough match up, for sure. They are similar to us with the roller coaster....even Lundquist has had some terrible games. I could see a split comig our way, but am hopeful for two solid wins. I think Avery is the key. If he doesnt get under our skin and force us to make dumb penalties, we are definitely the better team all around (not goal), and should win both games easily. We just have to keep our cool and our good players have to show up. Betts and Lappy....keep doing what you are doing! I'm sure Betts is looking forward to this matchup and will step it up even another level!

My prediction - JVR shows us why he was the 2nd overall pick in the next two games.

Old
04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
CptCannon

We'd won the President's trophy with ease, but all seasong long Flyers has just been aiming for Devils in the 1st round.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:13 PM
RoDu

I was watching the highlites on the SCORE, and they didn't show any of our goals

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:34 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
that moment had me believing it was our year.
I cried when we were eliminated. The only other time I remember crying in sports was when the Phillies won the World Series and when my little league team lost in the championship when I was like 9.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 06:04 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2565
http://www.csnphilly.com/04/08/10/Wh...483&feedID=695

Quote:
Hartnell’s penalty
Remember that needless roughing penalty Scott Hartnell took near the end of the Toronto game that could have cost the Flyers dearly? Wondering what Peter Laviolette was thinking? “It was a poor decision and I don’t expect it to happen again,” Laviolette said. Reading between the lines, it means he addressed it with Hartnell. “That’s been covered,” the coach said. Laviolette said the Flyers can’t afford to kill more than two penalties against the Rangers or they’re going to get themselves in trouble on Friday. We’ll see if that number holds up.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 07:46 PM
MsWoof

Quote:

We beat a team that beat us in a shut out in January and in both games last year at the ACC. You can call them a glorified AHL team but the fact of the matter is, they've been playing above .500 hockey since the Olympic break and have added a very good goalie. The Flyers have been struggling of late but have had 3 good games in a row and got the two points. They played a very good road game Tuesday and even though they took a lot of penalties, (some phantom calls on both sides but others were legit) they were fantastic on the kill.

Some people on this board are never happy.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote