HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What the Rangers should do if they don't make the playoffs...

Old
04-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
What the Rangers should do if they don't make the playoffs...

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip285935#clip285935

watching it now...

EDIT:

Just finished watching it, total waste of time. I'll summarize.

Fire Torts
Fire Sather
Drury has given up.

total crapfest, nothing that hasnt been said here numerous times, and in a far more intelligent way.

Last edited by Inferno: 04-07-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
LamoTheKid

This is literally a real life personification of this board...

EDIT:

Fire Sather, Fire Tortorella, tortorella blames everyone but himself, Sather sucks, Redden sucks, Drury lost interest. That about sums it up.

Note: Inferno, not ripping on you at all duder. So please dont take it that way.

LamoTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Well that was a waste for 4 and a half minutes. They said like 1 useful thing the whole time.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Well that was a waste for 4 and a half minutes. They said like 1 useful thing the whole time.
agreed...im gonna edit the main post..

Old
04-07-2010, 04:59 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

lol

Summary
Four guys said Fire Tortorella while one guy said Fire Sather.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:59 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

That was terrible.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:01 PM
FlyerX

Ludzig had Torts as an assistant in Tampa and really seems to hate him and didn't mind saying so. I thought that was interesting.

FlyerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerX View Post
Ludzig had Torts as an assistant in Tampa and really seems to hate him and didn't mind saying so. I thought that was interesting.
yeah, its not surprising though, its just like in the corporate world, the bosses that are the hardest to work for, are generally the most hated, and are generally the ones that put up the best numbers.

im a firm believer in having a task master for a coach for my team.

i would HATE to play for Torts....but I love the way he coaches. Accountability, minutes based on how well you play, not the name on your back, etc.

has he got his flaws? absolutely, and his line juggling really pisses me off, but ill take the bad with the good.

Old
04-07-2010, 06:10 PM
FlyerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
yeah, its not surprising though, its just like in the corporate world, the bosses that are the hardest to work for, are generally the most hated, and are generally the ones that put up the best numbers.

im a firm believer in having a task master for a coach for my team.

i would HATE to play for Torts....but I love the way he coaches. Accountability, minutes based on how well you play, not the name on your back, etc.

has he got his flaws? absolutely, and his line juggling really pisses me off, but ill take the bad with the good.
Well, you gotta win 3 in a row including two against us or it's tee time. Frankly, I think it's long past time for Slats to accept his golden parachute with grace and let his replacement pick his own coach.

Torts has a cup and Slats has a bunch, but it's not working too well these days. Not complaining of course. We've had enough ups and downs this year, but it's a little easier to identify the problem here in Philly.

Old
04-07-2010, 06:15 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Well, you gotta win 3 in a row including two against us or it's tee time. Frankly, I think it's long past time for Slats to accept his golden parachute with grace and let his replacement pick his own coach.

Torts has a cup and Slats has a bunch, but it's not working too well these days. Not complaining of course. We've had enough ups and downs this year, but it's a little easier to identify the problem here in Philly.
I agree with what you're saying in regards to Sather and Tortorella but I think if we win the next two games it's Boston we pass and get in over. Hell, I could be wrong.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:23 PM
FlyerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
I agree with what you're saying in regards to Sather and Tortorella but I think if we win the next two games it's Boston we pass and get in over. Hell, I could be wrong.
You guys are a game and a half down to the Bruins and both have 3 games left. It's tougher to make up ground with the loser point involved. If you win all three, you pass us. I really think it's your only chance, because Boston will likely be good for 3 pts in their last 3 games vs BUF, CAR and WSH.

Old
04-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Garfinkel1

I'm glad I didn't waste my time watching it. Thanks for the heads up guys...

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:24 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
You guys are a game and a half down to the Bruins and both have 3 games left. It's tougher to make up ground with the loser point involved. If you win all three, you pass us. I really think it's your only chance, because Boston will likely be good for 3 pts in their last 3 games vs BUF, CAR and WSH.
Agreed. No way Boston manages to gain zero points against Carolina or a Washington team who doesn't care anymore. Of course if it gets to that point, Washington will have the ability to pick who they want to play.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:31 PM
FlyerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Agreed. No way Boston manages to gain zero points against Carolina or a Washington team who doesn't care anymore. Of course if it gets to that point, Washington will have the ability to pick who they want to play.
BUF has the division wrapped up too, so there's 3 opponents with nothing to play for but pride. That can be enough some nights, but 3 out of 3 is a tall order. Of course, it's moot if you don't win tonight and the Leafs hung tough last night against us. Look for Orr to get lots of ice time. Should be interesting.

Old
04-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

I'd like to see Torts one more year and see what he can do with a good team. But are we going to have a better team next year?

Needs: 1st line center
Top 4 D
Size/Skill on the wings
Crease clearer
Triggerman at the point

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:43 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

This team isn't that good - and that's got to be Sather's fault. My (and many) expectations before the season began were get the young blue line some experience, challenge for the 8th spot, get rid (bury in AHL) of Redden, let Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov develop further, etc...

Thinking that hiring a coach like Tortorella makes you an automatic contender when you don't have talent isn't reasonable. I don't care if he yells a lot - the last guy that did that here ended up winning a Cup. No way do I blame Tortorella with this miserable bunch of misfits going up against the likes of San Jose, Chicago, Washington, Pittsburgh, etc.... We aren't even close to these teams in terms of talent.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Vitto79

Drury has not given up, he has played some of his best hockey of late

I honestly have no clue what they should do. I think next yr they need to just keep injecting youth. They have some good prospects on D and they need to grow together

I say Rozy is moved cause he now has value

Trade Girardi even in the same package for a winger

If they can sign a Dman like Corvo then cool. I think Hamuis and Volchenkov will cost a fortune and I don't see how Kovalchuk can fit cap wise

Redden traded for Horcoff. Jokinen gone opens a spot at C. It's the only deal that makes sense for both teams. Change of scenary for both may help and even though their contracts suck they are NHL players just over priced but oh 5 million

Drury to RW full time except for PK or on faceoffs then hit the wing

Bring back Prust, Christiensen, Shelley , Auld

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:50 PM
satrabyk

how is it a crapfest, when you can obviously that those things are true. They've been said but i dont really know if people believe it enough and stay with it. Sather playoffs or no playoffs has to go, and i would say put Shoenfield as coach.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:23 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
lol

Summary
Four guys said Fire Tortorella while one guy said Fire Sather.

well in their defense they cover 29 other teams so maybe they still think Sather is in the midst of another Oilers put together.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 05:03 PM
clmetsfan

Anyone who thinks that Drury has given up either

a) doesn't watch the games
b) has no clue how to watch the games
c) has a biased attitude towards him

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 05:22 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Anyone who thinks that Drury has given up either

c) has a biased attitude towards him
I think a lot of people are biased because they expect him to play to the money he is getting paid and that isn't the way it works. It also isn't his fault that Sather overpaid for him, but people seem to want to blame him for that, which I don't get. If I was offered a nice raise by a new company based on their poor assessment of my job skills I would still take the extra money, as I would guess most ranger fans would.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 05:28 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I think a lot of people are biased because they expect him to play to the money he is getting paid and that isn't the way it works. It also isn't his fault that Sather overpaid for him, but people seem to want to blame him for that, which I don't get. If I was offered a nice raise by a new company based on their poor assessment of my job skills I would still take the extra money, as I would guess most ranger fans would.
Some of us expect him NOT to play like a $7 mil Center (because he can't) but to play HIS BEST HOCKEY on a regular basis and it's clearly evident he has not consistently given us his best... These last 2 months of hockey from him have been a hell of a lot different than the Drury we saw for the first three quarters of the season and that's what disturbs me.... Even his first 2 seasons here he endured two 20 game goal-less droughts...

We all know he can't live up to his contract but when you are overpaid, you should at least be doing your absolute best and Drury's been clearly inconsistent.... This isn't even just from a points perspective but from being highly visible out on the ice and creating plays.... Last night he played a very good game but wasn't rewarded with points but he was quite noticeable and making things happen out on the ice.... That's the Drury that many of us want to see on a more consistent basis....

He gets more scrutiny not only because he's overpaid but because he wears the C and when the rest of the team is struggling a lot of the burden lies with the Captain to elevate his play and help jump start/lead his team through his own on ice actions....

Last edited by wolfgaze: 04-08-2010 at 05:36 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 05:31 PM
I am a Ranger

Sit home and watch the Bruins, Flyers, or Canadiens get their ass kicked by the Capitals.

I am a Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Ranger Angst

Send Redden to the attic.

Ranger Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2010, 12:58 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
hey alot of the guys will get an early start on looking for new real estate agents

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote