HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks vs. Avs | April 4 | 6 PM MTN

Old
04-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Who's fearsome on our team? Anyone? Nope
Stewart?

Foote? When there is a battle in front of the net and Foote gets the crazy eyes going, there is no one on SJ that can go against him.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Adama0905

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Stewart?

Foote? When there is a battle in front of the net and Foote gets the crazy eyes going, there is no one on SJ that can go against him.

Foote is an old man. Just because he beats up on somebody a little when they hit the goalie, doesn't mean he's some bad ass. He still loses nearly every single board battle he gets in to. He's not as strong as he used to be.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:58 PM
AyVee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Stewart?

He does have an intimidating presence, Foote, but that's like all he has. And that's not enough in today's game.

Stewart should be but he's not really. At least not yet. I want to see him add more bite to his game, more presence, let the other team know that you've got something and can bring it. He's very close to that right now, but he's still got a ways to go.

AyVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 07:37 AM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yipperfan View Post
The way I see it is to draw a line between puck-Mueller-Blake.
Ah, I see. Then your conclusion is made upon flawed evidence. Watch the video again. The two players are not skating towards the corner where that puck is in that picture. They are skating towards where the puck will end up in a second or so, ergo, they are 100% side by side.

And I'm bummed you elected to not respond to my question about Player B turning at the last moment. Ah well...

-AB

Last edited by ABasin: 04-06-2010 at 09:46 AM.
ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 09:15 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:

Foote is an old man. Just because he beats up on somebody a little when they hit the goalie, doesn't mean he's some bad ass. He still loses nearly every single board battle he gets in to. He's not as strong as he used to be.
Thank-you

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 09:48 AM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:

No kidding. All Foote has left at this point, is an angry glare and nasty language.

-AB

Old
04-06-2010, 10:24 AM
jsalz16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
No kidding. All Foote has left at this point, is an angry glare and nasty language.

-AB
You're forgetting the vicious head shake as he retrieves the puck from the net after he gets beat. Also, the thundering slap shot down the ice for an icing call, nullifying a line change.

jsalz16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:17 AM
avs1dacup

vCash: 134
Quote:
Ah, I see. Then your conclusion is made upon flawed evidence. Watch the video again. The two players are not skating towards the corner where that puck is in that picture. They are skating towards where the puck will end up in a second or so, ergo, they are 100% side by side.

And I'm bummed you elected to not respond to my question about Player B turning at the last moment. Ah well...

-AB
I'm going to play devil's advocate. I took picture number two from your three picture set and numbered 3 key points. Points 1 and 2 are Mueller's shoulders. Blake is CLEARLY behind in left shoulder. If he makes ANY contact that drives Mueller into the boards, it would be boarding, no? Point 3, which I shaded, is Blake's right hand. He has it placed on Mueller's upper back right in the middle. IDK about you, but hockey hits don't have a player going in, shoulder to back of shoulder with your arm at almost a 90 degree angle in the players back. The fact that the third picture shows that his arm is then extended is pretty clear evidence that he shoves Mueller. All of those pictures are clear evidence, to me at least, that Mueller was shoved, from behind, into the boards at that 3-5 foot distance that's extremely dangerous. IDK if a suspension is warranted, but the fact a penalty was not called is disturbing as there were two that should have been called.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BlakeMueller2-1.JPG‎ (15.7 KB, 17 views)

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Yipperfan
Giggitty the goalie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup View Post
I'm going to play devil's advocate. I took picture number two from your three picture set and numbered 3 key points. Points 1 and 2 are Mueller's shoulders. Blake is CLEARLY behind in left shoulder. If he makes ANY contact that drives Mueller into the boards, it would be boarding, no? Point 3, which I shaded, is Blake's right hand. He has it placed on Mueller's upper back right in the middle. IDK about you, but hockey hits don't have a player going in, shoulder to back of shoulder with your arm at almost a 90 degree angle in the players back. The fact that the third picture shows that his arm is then extended is pretty clear evidence that he shoves Mueller. All of those pictures are clear evidence, to me at least, that Mueller was shoved, from behind, into the boards at that 3-5 foot distance that's extremely dangerous. IDK if a suspension is warranted, but the fact a penalty was not called is disturbing as there were two that should have been called.
Finally! Some support!

There is no doubt in my mind Mueller was shoved forward by the forearm, and not jolted sideways by the soulder, by Blake.

Yipperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 05:08 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
OK, here we go. Let's take a look at this 'blatant' hit from behind:

In the first picture, less than a second before contact, we clearly see Blake and Mueller side by side. No one is behind or in front of anyone.

In the second picture, we see the initial contact. Blake is hitting Mueller in the upper arm. Very slightly behind him perhaps, but not at all in the illegal area. The contact was made from the side. So, there is no real problem with the hit, except that it is also clear that Mueller is about 2 feet and less than a second away from touching the puck. Again, hits this close to puck contact happen pretty often in hockey.

In the third picture, we see where the problem arises, in that Blake followed through with his arm. However, Mueller was already on the way down from the hit from the side.

(If someone can make these pictures bigger for me, please do).

-AB
I'm not really following your logic here. That 3rd frame clearly shows him shoving him in the back, when he's off balance and vulnerable. It was pretty clear in regular speed too. How is that a legal play? It doesn't matter if the initial hit was in the shoulder/back of the shoulder. If it was just the initial hit, he doesn't go face first into the boards. If it was a just a light shove, than it's ok. But Blake is a big man, and he tried to run him through the boards, which is what the league is trying to eliminate. Players not holding up at all, when an opponent is in a vulnerable position.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
The Kingslayer

What a feeeeeeeeeeeeeeelin....

1. Anderson needs to rest the rest of the way. To prevent injuries and to give him a mental break. Hes not been good and he wasnt great in this game. The Raymond and the second Sedin goal were weak. He did come through in the shootout but that secoond Sedin goal reminded me alot of the Nigel Dawes goal scored not too loong ago.

2. Your 19. With the game on your stick. The hope of an entire organization on your shoulders and what do you do?....You roof it. Matt Duchene has all the qualities of a superstar and he came through in the clutch.

3. JML had the game of his career and hes been excellent the last few games.

4. That feable old man Foote is gonna cost us many goals in the playoffs. He again was brutal.

5. Our top line played like our top line. Stastny, Gali and Big pimpin were all good last night.

6. Our PP looked awful without Mueller. Like insanely bad.

7. Cover the points!!!!

8. Sitting on leads has never worked for this team EVER. Why do they continue to do this?

9. We are the worse team in a playoff position worse then the Calgary Flamers who are superior team compared to us....Karma's a mothafukc...all those Flamers bad mouthing us cuz we kept beating them earlier in the year.

10. Even if we get swept in the first round this season cant be considered a FAIL. We have exceeded all expecations. The thing im most happy about is the fact that our young guys carried this team down the stretch while our geezers played awful.

Old
04-07-2010, 12:10 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
What a feeeeeeeeeeeeeeelin....

1. Anderson needs to rest the rest of the way. To prevent injuries and to give him a mental break. Hes not been good and he wasnt great in this game. The Raymond and the second Sedin goal were weak. He did come through in the shootout but that secoond Sedin goal reminded me alot of the Nigel Dawes goal scored not too loong ago.

2. Your 19. With the game on your stick. The hope of an entire organization on your shoulders and what do you do?....You roof it. Matt Duchene has all the qualities of a superstar and he came through in the clutch.

3. JML had the game of his career and hes been excellent the last few games.

4. That feable old man Foote is gonna cost us many goals in the playoffs. He again was brutal.

5. Our top line played like our top line. Stastny, Gali and Big pimpin were all good last night.

6. Our PP looked awful without Mueller. Like insanely bad.

7. Cover the points!!!!

8. Sitting on leads has never worked for this team EVER. Why do they continue to do this?

9. We are the worse team in a playoff position worse then the Calgary Flamers who are superior team compared to us....Karma's a mothafukc...all those Flamers bad mouthing us cuz we kept beating them earlier in the year.

10. Even if we get swept in the first round this season cant be considered a FAIL. We have exceeded all expecations. The thing im most happy about is the fact that our young guys carried this team down the stretch while our geezers played awful.

At least spell it right if you're going to call him that every other day.

*Feeble*

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
I'm glad Blake didn't get a suspension. He helped to eliminate the Flames last night, just the universe finally helping the Avs again.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:40 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGetz View Post
At least spell it right if you're going to call him that every other day.

*Feeble*
K Grammar Nazi maybe next time.

Old
04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
K Grammar Nazi maybe next time.
That wasn't very good. If you're going to insult me, at least try a little harder.

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:46 PM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I'm not really following your logic here. That 3rd frame clearly shows him shoving him in the back, when he's off balance and vulnerable.
It was all one motion - hit from the side and a push in the back. Mueller wasn't vulnerable when Blake hit him - it was just two guys side-by-side.

In the end, Blake wasn't suspended, which was the correct decision. Not only that, I don't recall even seeing a quote from the league office explaining why he wasn't - probably due to the fact it was a legal hit.

-AB

Old
04-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
It was all one motion - hit from the side and a push in the back. Mueller wasn't vulnerable when Blake hit him - it was just two guys side-by-side.

In the end, Blake wasn't suspended, which was the correct decision. Not only that, I don't recall even seeing a quote from the league office explaining why he wasn't - probably due to the fact it was a legal hit.

-AB
Well I guess we're just not going to understand each other here. I don't see how it being one motion (if that is what it was) absolves a shove in the back, and a player going face first into the glass and getting a concussion. There is a grey area in these plays, that's why he wasn't suspended. That's also why they are talking about letting the D get away with the bear hug again. I still don't see any way that shove is a legal play, especially given the result.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:39 PM
avs1dacup

vCash: 134
Quote:

-AB
How are they side by side? Blake's right shoulder is behind Mueller's left shoulder the WHOLE time. If they were actually side by side like you say, Mueller's left shoulder would not be visible in the pictures you posted. It clearly is in picture 2. You are taught to hit with your arm down in hockey. Blake's arm is up in the 2nd picture when contact is made. The only reason it would be up is to push or shove Mueller, which is exactly what he did.

About the bolded, it's not the first time, and won't be the last time, an illegal hit goes unsuspended. They've very rarely made a statement about why hits aren't suspendable, so that's in no way "proof" that it was legal. It simply means they felt it wasn't bad enough to warrant a suspension.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote