HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks vs. Avs | April 4 | 6 PM MTN

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2010, 10:52 PM
  #601
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,480
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
Who's fearsome on our team? Anyone? Nope
Stewart?

Foote? When there is a battle in front of the net and Foote gets the crazy eyes going, there is no one on SJ that can go against him.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:50 PM
  #602
Adama0905
Registered User
 
Adama0905's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Stewart?

Foote? When there is a battle in front of the net and Foote gets the crazy eyes going, there is no one on SJ that can go against him.


Foote is an old man. Just because he beats up on somebody a little when they hit the goalie, doesn't mean he's some bad ass. He still loses nearly every single board battle he gets in to. He's not as strong as he used to be.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 11:58 PM
  #603
AyVee
Registered User
 
AyVee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Stewart?

Foote? When there is a battle in front of the net and Foote gets the crazy eyes going, there is no one on SJ that can go against him.
He does have an intimidating presence, Foote, but that's like all he has. And that's not enough in today's game.

Stewart should be but he's not really. At least not yet. I want to see him add more bite to his game, more presence, let the other team know that you've got something and can bring it. He's very close to that right now, but he's still got a ways to go.

AyVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 07:37 AM
  #604
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yipperfan View Post
The way I see it is to draw a line between puck-Mueller-Blake.
Ah, I see. Then your conclusion is made upon flawed evidence. Watch the video again. The two players are not skating towards the corner where that puck is in that picture. They are skating towards where the puck will end up in a second or so, ergo, they are 100% side by side.

And I'm bummed you elected to not respond to my question about Player B turning at the last moment. Ah well...

-AB


Last edited by ABasin: 04-06-2010 at 09:46 AM.
ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 09:15 AM
  #605
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,786
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post


Foote is an old man. Just because he beats up on somebody a little when they hit the goalie, doesn't mean he's some bad ass. He still loses nearly every single board battle he gets in to. He's not as strong as he used to be.
Thank-you

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 09:48 AM
  #606
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post


Foote is an old man. Just because he beats up on somebody a little when they hit the goalie, doesn't mean he's some bad ass. He still loses nearly every single board battle he gets in to. He's not as strong as he used to be.
No kidding. All Foote has left at this point, is an angry glare and nasty language.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 10:24 AM
  #607
jsalz16
Registered User
 
jsalz16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 413
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
No kidding. All Foote has left at this point, is an angry glare and nasty language.

-AB
You're forgetting the vicious head shake as he retrieves the puck from the net after he gets beat. Also, the thundering slap shot down the ice for an icing call, nullifying a line change.

jsalz16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 11:17 AM
  #608
avs1dacup
Registered User
 
avs1dacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,434
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Ah, I see. Then your conclusion is made upon flawed evidence. Watch the video again. The two players are not skating towards the corner where that puck is in that picture. They are skating towards where the puck will end up in a second or so, ergo, they are 100% side by side.

And I'm bummed you elected to not respond to my question about Player B turning at the last moment. Ah well...

-AB
I'm going to play devil's advocate. I took picture number two from your three picture set and numbered 3 key points. Points 1 and 2 are Mueller's shoulders. Blake is CLEARLY behind in left shoulder. If he makes ANY contact that drives Mueller into the boards, it would be boarding, no? Point 3, which I shaded, is Blake's right hand. He has it placed on Mueller's upper back right in the middle. IDK about you, but hockey hits don't have a player going in, shoulder to back of shoulder with your arm at almost a 90 degree angle in the players back. The fact that the third picture shows that his arm is then extended is pretty clear evidence that he shoves Mueller. All of those pictures are clear evidence, to me at least, that Mueller was shoved, from behind, into the boards at that 3-5 foot distance that's extremely dangerous. IDK if a suspension is warranted, but the fact a penalty was not called is disturbing as there were two that should have been called.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BlakeMueller2-1.JPG‎ (15.7 KB, 17 views)

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 06:18 PM
  #609
Yipperfan
Giggitty the goalie!
 
Yipperfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Québec, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup View Post
I'm going to play devil's advocate. I took picture number two from your three picture set and numbered 3 key points. Points 1 and 2 are Mueller's shoulders. Blake is CLEARLY behind in left shoulder. If he makes ANY contact that drives Mueller into the boards, it would be boarding, no? Point 3, which I shaded, is Blake's right hand. He has it placed on Mueller's upper back right in the middle. IDK about you, but hockey hits don't have a player going in, shoulder to back of shoulder with your arm at almost a 90 degree angle in the players back. The fact that the third picture shows that his arm is then extended is pretty clear evidence that he shoves Mueller. All of those pictures are clear evidence, to me at least, that Mueller was shoved, from behind, into the boards at that 3-5 foot distance that's extremely dangerous. IDK if a suspension is warranted, but the fact a penalty was not called is disturbing as there were two that should have been called.
Finally! Some support!

There is no doubt in my mind Mueller was shoved forward by the forearm, and not jolted sideways by the soulder, by Blake.

Yipperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 05:08 AM
  #610
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
OK, here we go. Let's take a look at this 'blatant' hit from behind:

In the first picture, less than a second before contact, we clearly see Blake and Mueller side by side. No one is behind or in front of anyone.

In the second picture, we see the initial contact. Blake is hitting Mueller in the upper arm. Very slightly behind him perhaps, but not at all in the illegal area. The contact was made from the side. So, there is no real problem with the hit, except that it is also clear that Mueller is about 2 feet and less than a second away from touching the puck. Again, hits this close to puck contact happen pretty often in hockey.

In the third picture, we see where the problem arises, in that Blake followed through with his arm. However, Mueller was already on the way down from the hit from the side.

(If someone can make these pictures bigger for me, please do).

-AB
I'm not really following your logic here. That 3rd frame clearly shows him shoving him in the back, when he's off balance and vulnerable. It was pretty clear in regular speed too. How is that a legal play? It doesn't matter if the initial hit was in the shoulder/back of the shoulder. If it was just the initial hit, he doesn't go face first into the boards. If it was a just a light shove, than it's ok. But Blake is a big man, and he tried to run him through the boards, which is what the league is trying to eliminate. Players not holding up at all, when an opponent is in a vulnerable position.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
  #611
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,786
vCash: 291
What a feeeeeeeeeeeeeeelin....

1. Anderson needs to rest the rest of the way. To prevent injuries and to give him a mental break. Hes not been good and he wasnt great in this game. The Raymond and the second Sedin goal were weak. He did come through in the shootout but that secoond Sedin goal reminded me alot of the Nigel Dawes goal scored not too loong ago.

2. Your 19. With the game on your stick. The hope of an entire organization on your shoulders and what do you do?....You roof it. Matt Duchene has all the qualities of a superstar and he came through in the clutch.

3. JML had the game of his career and hes been excellent the last few games.

4. That feable old man Foote is gonna cost us many goals in the playoffs. He again was brutal.

5. Our top line played like our top line. Stastny, Gali and Big pimpin were all good last night.

6. Our PP looked awful without Mueller. Like insanely bad.

7. Cover the points!!!!

8. Sitting on leads has never worked for this team EVER. Why do they continue to do this?

9. We are the worse team in a playoff position worse then the Calgary Flamers who are superior team compared to us....Karma's a mothafukc...all those Flamers bad mouthing us cuz we kept beating them earlier in the year.

10. Even if we get swept in the first round this season cant be considered a FAIL. We have exceeded all expecations. The thing im most happy about is the fact that our young guys carried this team down the stretch while our geezers played awful.

5.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:10 PM
  #612
StanGetz*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 4,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
What a feeeeeeeeeeeeeeelin....

1. Anderson needs to rest the rest of the way. To prevent injuries and to give him a mental break. Hes not been good and he wasnt great in this game. The Raymond and the second Sedin goal were weak. He did come through in the shootout but that secoond Sedin goal reminded me alot of the Nigel Dawes goal scored not too loong ago.

2. Your 19. With the game on your stick. The hope of an entire organization on your shoulders and what do you do?....You roof it. Matt Duchene has all the qualities of a superstar and he came through in the clutch.

3. JML had the game of his career and hes been excellent the last few games.

4. That feable old man Foote is gonna cost us many goals in the playoffs. He again was brutal.

5. Our top line played like our top line. Stastny, Gali and Big pimpin were all good last night.

6. Our PP looked awful without Mueller. Like insanely bad.

7. Cover the points!!!!

8. Sitting on leads has never worked for this team EVER. Why do they continue to do this?

9. We are the worse team in a playoff position worse then the Calgary Flamers who are superior team compared to us....Karma's a mothafukc...all those Flamers bad mouthing us cuz we kept beating them earlier in the year.

10. Even if we get swept in the first round this season cant be considered a FAIL. We have exceeded all expecations. The thing im most happy about is the fact that our young guys carried this team down the stretch while our geezers played awful.

5.
At least spell it right if you're going to call him that every other day.

*Feeble*

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 12:40 PM
  #613
Pure
Registered User
 
Pure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,944
vCash: 665
I'm glad Blake didn't get a suspension. He helped to eliminate the Flames last night, just the universe finally helping the Avs again.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 02:40 PM
  #614
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,786
vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGetz View Post
At least spell it right if you're going to call him that every other day.

*Feeble*
K Grammar Nazi maybe next time.

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:08 PM
  #615
StanGetz*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 4,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
K Grammar Nazi maybe next time.
That wasn't very good. If you're going to insult me, at least try a little harder.

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 03:46 PM
  #616
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I'm not really following your logic here. That 3rd frame clearly shows him shoving him in the back, when he's off balance and vulnerable.
It was all one motion - hit from the side and a push in the back. Mueller wasn't vulnerable when Blake hit him - it was just two guys side-by-side.

In the end, Blake wasn't suspended, which was the correct decision. Not only that, I don't recall even seeing a quote from the league office explaining why he wasn't - probably due to the fact it was a legal hit.

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 05:41 PM
  #617
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 18,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
It was all one motion - hit from the side and a push in the back. Mueller wasn't vulnerable when Blake hit him - it was just two guys side-by-side.

In the end, Blake wasn't suspended, which was the correct decision. Not only that, I don't recall even seeing a quote from the league office explaining why he wasn't - probably due to the fact it was a legal hit.

-AB
Well I guess we're just not going to understand each other here. I don't see how it being one motion (if that is what it was) absolves a shove in the back, and a player going face first into the glass and getting a concussion. There is a grey area in these plays, that's why he wasn't suspended. That's also why they are talking about letting the D get away with the bear hug again. I still don't see any way that shove is a legal play, especially given the result.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:39 PM
  #618
avs1dacup
Registered User
 
avs1dacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,434
vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
It was all one motion - hit from the side and a push in the back. Mueller wasn't vulnerable when Blake hit him - it was just two guys side-by-side.

In the end, Blake wasn't suspended, which was the correct decision. Not only that, I don't recall even seeing a quote from the league office explaining why he wasn't - probably due to the fact it was a legal hit.

-AB
How are they side by side? Blake's right shoulder is behind Mueller's left shoulder the WHOLE time. If they were actually side by side like you say, Mueller's left shoulder would not be visible in the pictures you posted. It clearly is in picture 2. You are taught to hit with your arm down in hockey. Blake's arm is up in the 2nd picture when contact is made. The only reason it would be up is to push or shove Mueller, which is exactly what he did.

About the bolded, it's not the first time, and won't be the last time, an illegal hit goes unsuspended. They've very rarely made a statement about why hits aren't suspendable, so that's in no way "proof" that it was legal. It simply means they felt it wasn't bad enough to warrant a suspension.

avs1dacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.