HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

McNabb vs Richards.

Old
04-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Melrose Munch

vCash: 500
McNabb vs Richards.

Why was Don M run out of town while being a clean cut wholesome human being, While Mike R. is still a flyer with all the rumors from the past year surrounding him?

Melrose Munch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Donny left because it was time for him to leave and the Eagles to move on.

Why is there even a comparison?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Flyers93

Completely different situations. A lot of fans hated McNabb from the minute the Eagles drafted him, for a reason unknow to me. Richards scenario is basically the media gettin' all pissy over Richards lack of media skills, and throwing him under the bus.

Flyers93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers93 View Post
Completely different situations. A lot of fans hated McNabb from the minute the Eagles drafted him, for a reason unknow to me. Richards scenario is basically the media gettin' all pissy over Richards lack of media skills, and throwing him under the bus.
Eagles fan reportedly wanted Ricky Williams.

Old
04-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Donny left because it was time for him to leave and the Eagles to move on.

Why is there even a comparison?
I just feel its unfair. McNabb even wanted to retire a Eagle.

Old
04-07-2010, 07:34 PM
UseYourAllusion

woah

Last edited by UseYourAllusion: 04-07-2010 at 08:02 PM.
UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:41 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
McNabb would kick Richards ass. I love Richards, but McNabb has about three or four inches and like forty or fifty pounds on him. McNabb KO in 6 rounds.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:41 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindrosfan88 View Post
Why is it unfair?

Why is it even relevant?

Old
04-07-2010, 07:44 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindrosfan88 View Post
The fact is we weren't winning the Super Bowl with or without McNabb this year, so why get nothing for him when we already planned on not resigning him? It seems like you'd rather the Eagles forget about the future and focus on making McNabb happy. That's not how a successful franchise works.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Is this for real?

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:47 PM
MsConduct11

HUH? seriously??

fail.

MsConduct11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
When Richards take the team to the ECF for the next 5 years straight and blows it by personally sucking and then takes them to 1 Cup final and pukes on the bench before going out and missing a game winning breakaway to which his post game reaction is nothing more and nothing less than "oh well It was a good season" he will too be run out of town. Until then, there is no comparison. I would not be opposed to re-opening this thread in after the 2014 playoffs though.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:01 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
When Richards take the team to the ECF for the next 5 years straight and blows it by personally sucking and then takes them to 1 Cup final and pukes on the bench before going out and missing a game winning breakaway to which his post game reaction is nothing more and nothing less than "oh well It was a good season" he will too be run out of town. Until then, there is no comparison. I would not be opposed to re-opening this thread in after the 2014 playoffs though.
Also, Richards would need to say in a post game presser "Imagine if the Stanley Cup Finals ended in a tie."

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:01 PM
97FlyersKing18

It was time for the Eagles to see what they had with Kolb. There is a youth movement with the Eagles, with the average age of 24 years old on Offense. It isn't fair for Kolb to sit behind McNabb because when the Eagles peak, it would have been with him anyways. DM is "too old" for the Eagles and they will still get some pretty good players with their picks that should start in 2 or 3 years. I am not an Eagles fan, just an outside football fan. It's hard to imagine the Eagles without McNabb and difficult seeing him in Redskins burgundy.

Not really sure what McNabb has to do with Richards, seeing that the Eagles are not the Flyers and Lurie cannot decide who to trade on the Flyers nor can Holmgren decide who should be out of Philly.

It sucks having your favorite player traded, but that is the nature of the business. McNabb is on the decline, his best days are behind him, while Richards is in the beginning of his prime. As a fan, all you should really care about is performance on the ice, because that is what they are being paid to do and what you support with your money and time. Being a good role model is nice and all (Hopefully the youth of Philly looks up to McNabb, Howard and Richards...maybe not Iverson) but nobody would care what they do off the field if they don't get it done on the field.

In L.A. nobody cares about what Kobe Bryant may (or may not) have done with a woman in Denver, they care about his 4 NBA Titles and revenue he brings to the city. Dodger fans still support MannyWood with the highest attendance in the league because they see the potential powerful lineup. The Kings have been irrelevant for the past 5 years, but seem to have reached some "casual fans" for their work on the ice.

If you really liked him that much and he had such a major impact on your life, then go be a fan of the McNabb led Redskins. It seems like you are sad McNabb was traded, but when he comes back just make sure you cheer for him and try to remember the good times you had watching him lead the team to consistent playoff victories.

97FlyersKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:04 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

When Mike Richards throws up on the ice during the Stanley Cup Finals, let me know

Old
04-07-2010, 08:16 PM
i am dave

And why isn't Eric Lindros still a Flyers? I mean really.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
It was time for the Eagles to see what they had with Kolb. There is a youth movement with the Eagles, with the average age of 24 years old on Offense. It isn't fair for Kolb to sit behind McNabb because when the Eagles peak, it would have been with him anyways. DM is "too old" for the Eagles and they will still get some pretty good players with their picks that should start in 2 or 3 years. I am not an Eagles fan, just an outside football fan. It's hard to imagine the Eagles without McNabb and difficult seeing him in Redskins burgundy.

Not really sure what McNabb has to do with Richards, seeing that the Eagles are not the Flyers and Lurie cannot decide who to trade on the Flyers nor can Holmgren decide who should be out of Philly.

It sucks having your favorite player traded, but that is the nature of the business. McNabb is on the decline, his best days are behind him, while Richards is in the beginning of his prime. As a fan, all you should really care about is performance on the ice, because that is what they are being paid to do and what you support with your money and time. Being a good role model is nice and all (Hopefully the youth of Philly looks up to McNabb, Howard and Richards...maybe not Iverson) but nobody would care what they do off the field if they don't get it done on the field.

In L.A. nobody cares about what Kobe Bryant may (or may not) have done with a woman in Denver, they care about his 4 NBA Titles and revenue he brings to the city. Dodger fans still support MannyWood with the highest attendance in the league because they see the potential powerful lineup. The Kings have been irrelevant for the past 5 years, but seem to have reached some "casual fans" for their work on the ice.

If you really liked him that much and he had such a major impact on your life, then go be a fan of the McNabb led Redskins. It seems like you are sad McNabb was traded, but when he comes back just make sure you cheer for him and try to remember the good times you had watching him lead the team to consistent playoff victories.
Thanks. I just feel the McNabb got slighted while Richards has been worse.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores

In the words of Anthony Gargano: "That's a VIOLATION, cuz"

In fact, I'm pretty sure trying to make cross-sports comparisons is definitely one of his "rules"

Ryanoceros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:36 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post

In fact, I'm pretty sure trying to make cross-sports comparisons is definitely one of his "rules"
Did he write a book on that?

Old
04-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores

Quote:
Haha, I'm not sure! He did write "The Great Philadelphia Fan Book", though, and I think that counts for something

Old
04-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post

This is not a skills comparison.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Centauris*

dear god.. seriously?

is this thread necessary?

Richards is god.

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores

It's a tough comparison, though. It's not so much the cross-sports comparison, but more the fact that they are in entirely different places in their respective careers.

Edit: to add to that point: Donovan really only has a few years left, and it wasn't that he got slighted, but more what was best for the organization. In the end, it's a business, and the Eagles did what they felt was best for their organization.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Not yet but its been suggested and he said he might have to seriously think about it.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:54 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

i wanted to retire a flyer . its totally unfair.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote