HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators vs. Coyotes "The Return of the Captain Edition" April 7th 2010

Old
04-07-2010, 11:17 PM
predfan98

vCash: 500
Terry just said Horny's injury was going to be a bad loss for Nashville. I have to assume that there's something broken.......oh, ####

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Congratulations to the Jets

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:20 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Was it the uncalled slashes or the shot from Weber?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Was it the uncalled slashes or the shot from Weber?
uncalled slashes

Old
04-07-2010, 11:21 PM
WartracePred

Looked like Horny's injury was from 2 slashes just before Weber's shot. He was going down just before the puck reached him. We all owe an apology to Weber. But it sounds like Hornqvist took a nasty slash on his hand/wrist. Maybe they are just being cautious because of the coming playoffs.

I DO NOT want to face this team next week. Their forecheck is relentless.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
Looked like Horny's injury was from 2 slashes just before Weber's shot. He was going down just before the puck reached him. We all owe an apology to Weber. But it sounds like Hornqvist took a nasty slash on his hand/wrist. Maybe they are just being cautious because of the coming playoffs.

I DO NOT want to face this team next week. Their forecheck is relentless.
We won't be facing them ... I have a sneaking suspicion we will be facing the Sharks in the first round again

Old
04-07-2010, 11:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Maybe we should call the next GDT "return of the captain." I'm not sure he returned, tonight.

We made the Coyotes' D look much better than they actually are, tonight. Once Hornqvist went out, we fell into the trap of endless cycling with no traffic to the net, potentially leading to a shot from the point that either went right into coverage and bounced back out, or went a mile wide or high.

If you want to know the worst part, with Detroit's win and our loss, as well as Chicago's win, a first round date with our old friends the Sharks looks more and more likely.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:40 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Maybe if we fall to 8th we can face Chicago.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:40 PM
IngloriusBuzzards

Were getting the Sharks guys.... I called that a couple of weeks ago - no way Chicago gives up 1st seed, no way Detroit and LA stay behind us. Those games in hand are gonna kill us, and the sharks are ACHING to play us yet again.

They will get their wish, and we will HOBBLE into the first round once more....

IngloriusBuzzards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:42 PM
IngloriusBuzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
Maybe if we fall to 8th we can face Chicago.
We can't even do that!

IngloriusBuzzards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:43 PM
predfan24

If Horny is out for any extended period my optimism for the playoffs is going to take a huge blow.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:45 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngloriusBuzzards View Post
We can't even do that!
True, looking at the standings it is impossible to fall to 8th. Well, now all I can hope for is that either Chicago goes back to 2nd and we fall to 7th or we keep our spot in 6th and end up playing Vancouver.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 11:52 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngloriusBuzzards View Post
Were getting the Sharks guys.... I called that a couple of weeks ago - no way Chicago gives up 1st seed, no way Detroit and LA stay behind us. Those games in hand are gonna kill us, and the sharks are ACHING to play us yet again.

They will get their wish, and we will HOBBLE into the first round once more....
I see an eerily similar post on FaceBook....did you make it?

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
True, looking at the standings it is impossible to fall to 8th. Well, now all I can hope for is that either Chicago goes back to 2nd and we fall to 7th or we keep our spot in 6th and end up playing Vancouver.
It's not really impossible to stay in 6th. If we win Saturday, Detroit will have to earn 3 points in 2 games to pass us because we have the tiebreaker. Of course Detroit plays at Columbus (home finale, mind you) Friday night so by then we will already know how they did.

I'm not even going to mention LA. They have Phoenix tomorrow who will probably sit Bryzgalov, then a home finale against Edmonton, then at Colorado. I think they're good to finish ahead of us, however if we did end up tied we hold the tiebreaker over them as well. I'm obviously more worried about Detroit though.

I'm also not even going to think about Hornqvist because I'm in denial to have my dreams shattered before game 82.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 01:54 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Ward has had a bad night.
Not the best game, but he had a great pass to Legwand for the would-be GWG, but of course, Legwand shoots it in Bryz chest, and Coyotes take it back up ice for the game winner. Enough of Legwand on a scoring line, and getting significant PP time. He simply can't be counted on in the offensive zone or on the PP.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:32 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Not the best game, but he had a great pass to Legwand for the would-be GWG, but of course, Legwand shoots it in Bryz chest, and Coyotes take it back up ice for the game winner. Enough of Legwand on a scoring line, and getting significant PP time. He simply can't be counted on in the offensive zone or on the PP.
UGH REALLY? Is that the best you have? The loss was Legwand's fault....Really?

Holy cat **** batman there is just NO help for some people.

The whole team was bad especially after the failed 5 on 3 and subsequent injury to Hornqvist. We as a fanbase are allowed to look at that injury as a sign of things to come (just like every year) but the players aren't. All we can hope is that that attitude doesn't carry over.

You do realize that Legwand was on the third line....RIGHT????

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 04-08-2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Don't avoid the swear filter
nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:47 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Sucky game. Not many players looked like they were really into this game. Bad goals allowed. Too much passing.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:56 AM
RR

Yotes fan, I come in peace. Must say I'm hoping we meet in Round 1 (as 4-5 seeds), not because I think either team has a decided advantage, but it will mean a team that our friends to the North believe has no right to exist WILL advance to the 2nd round.

If we meet, my wife and I plan on traveling to Nashville for the road games and looking for advice on places to stay in proximity to the arena, and best place to get tickets if teams aren't offering road tickets. Of course, will be happy to reciprocate for anyone heading this way.

If we don't meet in 1st round, will settle for Conference Finals. Can you imagine the carnage of heads exploding if Preds or Yotes were the WC rep in the SCF?

Hoping Horngvist injury isn't severe. Both teams need to be healthy if we're to make some noise.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 02:57 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
UGH REALLY? Is that the best you have? The loss was Legwand's fault....Really?

Holy cat shi+ batman there is just NO help for some people.
Surprise, Surprise. Maybe you can get this thread closed too.

You're right, I said it's all his fault

He just didn't' capitalize when he had a golden opportunity, as he's done several times over the past few games. And he's been generic offensively for us the last 7 games when he's been given more opportunities, and opportunities on the PP. 2 points, 7 games, many missed opportunities, few created opportunities, and nothing on the PP.

Look, I know there are plenty Lewgand fanatics on here, so it's like playing with fire. Everyone was signing praise to Allah when he scored ONE freakin goal, so I think it's perfectly fine to point out what's happened over a 7 game sample size. Now that Arnott is healthy, I hope he's back strictly to a shutdown role.

Last edited by dulzhok: 04-08-2010 at 03:09 AM.
Old
04-08-2010, 03:24 AM
dulzhok

Weber-- hard to tell him to tone it down.

Would be interesting to see how many of Hornqvist's 30 goals are somehow a result of a Weber shot.

Old
04-08-2010, 04:28 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

It's early .. I just want to make sure I'm getting this straight.

Legwand is getting blamed for not getting a shot past Bryz as he's getting hit just in front of the crease and that's why we lost the game? Not the bad line change leaving Korpikoski open for their 1st goal? Not the lapse that left Wolski all alone? Not Pyatt standing all by himself with a clear shot and nobody so much as giving him a mean look?

Legwand isn't why we lost this game. Pekka looking human, the team as a whole with horrendous lapses in the defensive zone, and the cute pass game in the offensive zone are why we lost.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 05:49 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I'm pretty sure those other threads were closed because the discussion had run its course and nothing was being said that hadn't already been mention several times. If this is going to turn into a string of personal attacks can you guys use PM instead?

I didn't get to see the third period. What I saw looked like two teams not trying to make a mistake, which makes the first goal against us seem funny. HUGE mistake. I hope Hornqvist isn't too seriously injured, but with our history around this time I'm going to assume he has a broken hand/wrist/finger(s)

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 07:15 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Yes but both he and Smithson had pretty bad defensive zone mistakes last night, and I'm not even talking about the 3 that cost us on the scoreboard.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 08:02 AM
RollingPredFan

I'm in the Legwand is overpaid camp but come on, we lost

A)Crappy changes and turnovers
B)Failing to score on the 5 on 3
C)Weber claimed another victim, unfortunately our leading scorer

Let's just hope we hear encouraging news about Hornqvist. Sometimes I feel like we are cursed.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 08:07 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
Let's just hope we hear encouraging news about Hornqvist. Sometimes I feel like we are cursed.
Life is adversity. If this team does make it past the 1st round they will have to move past the cycle of injury. Great teams win even when their best players go down.

Even with Hornqvist out, this is a much better team. Wilson, the defense, this is why the team made a trade for depth on all positions.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote