HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE (authentic rbk edge - $49.99)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2010, 08:53 PM
  #976
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
Anyone know where I can get a good Giroux Winter Classic. Even if its a bit fake
Anyone??

mm6492 is offline  
Old
03-20-2010, 11:08 PM
  #977
PhillyPhantic
Registered User
 
PhillyPhantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 813
vCash: 500
These days you can by pass the middle man and get them directly from China, just check out:
http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?...oduct_en&ssk=y

PhillyPhantic is offline  
Old
03-22-2010, 12:39 PM
  #978
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,739
vCash: 500
For those of you who bought a Team Canada jersey what Is your lettering made of? I bought a Richards one last night at the wach and the numbers are pretty poor

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
03-22-2010, 06:14 PM
  #979
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
For those of you who bought a Team Canada jersey what Is your lettering made of? I bought a Richards one last night at the wach and the numbers are pretty poor
Mine has normal lettering. What do you mean exactly? Mine were stitched on, not heat pressed.

MsWoof is offline  
Old
03-29-2010, 02:23 PM
  #980
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,203
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Just got my Halladay jersey from ECSeller. Gotta say, not impressed. The neck is HUGE and the jersey feels generally uneven. It will be listed on ebay by the end of the night.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
03-29-2010, 07:09 PM
  #981
ScarletSpeedstr
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Harrisburg
Country: United States
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Just got my Halladay jersey from ECSeller. Gotta say, not impressed.
That's a bummer. My Ryan Miller USA jersey came and it is pretty decent. I can't say that I've seen a "real" one to compare it to, but the stitching and materials are all of good quality.

I wonder how the NFL jerseys are from ECSeller. The black Asante Samuels jersey I got from jersey101 was way better than any of the hockey jerseys I got from them.

ScarletSpeedstr is offline  
Old
03-29-2010, 07:20 PM
  #982
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,203
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletSpeedstr View Post
That's a bummer. My Ryan Miller USA jersey came and it is pretty decent. I can't say that I've seen a "real" one to compare it to, but the stitching and materials are all of good quality.

I wonder how the NFL jerseys are from ECSeller. The black Asante Samuels jersey I got from jersey101 was way better than any of the hockey jerseys I got from them.
I may have been a little misleading in my comments about the jersey. The stitching and and such is all spot on. All the letters and numbers and logos are perfect and perfectly sewn to the jersey. It's more the jersey itself that is the problem. It may just be that it is too big for me, but the actual jersey just feels irregular. Like it should be sold at Ross or Marshalls. I have another Phillies jersey that looks like it is the same size, but the neck and sleeves are smaller. Maybe it is different because it is one of the "CoolBase" jerseys, but it is not wearable by a pencil-neck geek like myself.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
03-29-2010, 07:48 PM
  #983
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I may have been a little misleading in my comments about the jersey. The stitching and and such is all spot on. All the letters and numbers and logos are perfect and perfectly sewn to the jersey. It's more the jersey itself that is the problem. It may just be that it is too big for me, but the actual jersey just feels irregular. Like it should be sold at Ross or Marshalls. I have another Phillies jersey that looks like it is the same size, but the neck and sleeves are smaller. Maybe it is different because it is one of the "CoolBase" jerseys, but it is not wearable by a pencil-neck geek like myself.
I got a Halladay too. I had 2 qualms. It has a world series patch/HK patch when Roy wasnt on the team last year and the neck is too big, I agree. Its like a massive v-neck shirt. I dont look forward to having to wear a tshirt under it all summer.

Juicy Couturier* is offline  
Old
03-29-2010, 08:39 PM
  #984
ScarletSpeedstr
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Harrisburg
Country: United States
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Did you guys get the white or cream colored Phillies jerseys? I wonder if one color is cut differently than the other for whatever reason. I did notice that the Halladay's had the patches, it reminds me of the hockey "C" and "A" designation dilemmas. I'm sure market research to that degree is unfortunately near the bottom of their concerns.

ScarletSpeedstr is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 08:16 AM
  #985
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Anyone know if any of these places will make a custom jersey? I've been trying to get a Parent jersey forever but I'm not ready to fork out the cost for a real one if hes going to get traded in the offseason.

JSTAFF is offline  
Old
03-30-2010, 10:36 AM
  #986
ScarletSpeedstr
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Harrisburg
Country: United States
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Anyone know if any of these places will make a custom jersey? I've been trying to get a Parent jersey forever but I'm not ready to fork out the cost for a real one if hes going to get traded in the offseason.
ECSeller wouldn't even add an "A" to their Pronger jersey when I ordered it, so I would guess that they are out. Jersey101 has a blank WC jersey which might save you a little money.

ScarletSpeedstr is offline  
Old
04-08-2010, 12:19 AM
  #987
mmajeski06
Registered User
 
mmajeski06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Ok, Devils fan here, but I found this thread looking for information on the cheaper jerseys. And it looks like ECseller has been a winner. So I hope you guys can put the rivalry aside and help me out.

I had a bad ebay experience where the jersey came in a lot smaller than expected and some of the stripes were wrong.

I found a jersey on ECseller that I really like. I am 6 ft 150 pounds and usually wear an XL in Reebok Premiers, as I like them to be baggier so I can wear a hoodie underneath. Would a size 52 at ECseller work?

mmajeski06 is offline  
Old
04-08-2010, 07:51 AM
  #988
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
I wouldn't get phillies jerseys at ECseller again. I got 2, one halladay away jersey(gray) and one home white. The away jersey was ok lengthwise but the arms were too long and super baggy. The white fits great but the stripes are faint, they almost look like they were put on with marker and they were pinkish.
Posted via Mobile Device

Juicy Couturier* is offline  
Old
04-08-2010, 07:59 AM
  #989
gintonic
Registered User
 
gintonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhantic View Post
I mean when you wear it to the games, people would know and laugh at you for wearing a fake jersey... just saying.
Really? Why? I go to games and could care less about what other people are wearing, much less having any interest in making fun of them. I mean, maybe if someone was wearing a hot pink body stocking or something like that I might make a comment or laugh, but so far as a jersey goes, I would not waste my time to pay that much attention to one in order to determine it's authenticity, nor would I care if it's authentic or not.

gintonic is offline  
Old
04-08-2010, 08:10 AM
  #990
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gintonic View Post
Really? Why? I go to games and could care less about what other people are wearing, much less having any interest in making fun of them. I mean, maybe if someone was wearing a hot pink body stocking or something like that I might make a comment or laugh, but so far as a jersey goes, I would not waste my time to pay that much attention to one in order to determine it's authenticity, nor would I care if it's authentic or not.
The problem is, that it only takes about 3 seconds to actually recognize a fake jersey, and the quality really is laughable.

As to another poster worried about sizing, it really is hit or miss, and that is the risk you take. But for the record, I am 6' 240-250 and wear an XL in Premieres and a true authentic edge size 56 is what works for me.

flountown is offline  
Old
04-08-2010, 08:16 AM
  #991
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
The problem is, that it only takes about 3 seconds to actually recognize a fake jersey, and the quality really is laughable.

As to another poster worried about sizing, it really is hit or miss, and that is the risk you take. But for the record, I am 6' 240-250 and wear an XL in Premieres and a true authentic edge size 56 is what works for me.
You're right, I was at the game Tuesday and wore my $46 Carter WC and everyone was pointing and laughing. Boy, did I feel like an idiot. I think I've actually been banned from the ACC because I didn't pat over $200 for it!

MsWoof is offline  
Old
04-08-2010, 08:23 AM
  #992
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletSpeedstr View Post
ECSeller wouldn't even add an "A" to their Pronger jersey when I ordered it, so I would guess that they are out. Jersey101 has a blank WC jersey which might save you a little money.
If you want to get a blank, go to the Reebok outlet at the Philadelphia Premium Outlets in Sanatoga. They are stickered at 150 for a blank, but then take 40% off, and bring a AAA member because they get an additional 20% off anything in the store.

flountown is offline  
Old
04-08-2010, 08:24 AM
  #993
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
You're right, I was at the game Tuesday and wore my $46 Carter WC and everyone was pointing and laughing. Boy, did I feel like an idiot. I think I've actually been banned from the ACC because I didn't pat over $200 for it!
Well pointing and laughing would be rude, I wouldn't laugh at someone to their face, but I would definitely have a little chuckle.

flountown is offline  
Old
04-08-2010, 08:45 AM
  #994
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Have you guys not been to a Flyers game towards the end of this year? Literally 1 in 3 jerseys I look at are "fake". I'm just happy to see people wearing jerseys instead of suits.

JSTAFF is offline  
Old
04-08-2010, 08:53 AM
  #995
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Have you guys not been to a Flyers game towards the end of this year? Literally 1 in 3 jerseys I look at are "fake". I'm just happy to see people wearing jerseys instead of suits.
I just wish they sold decent quality jerseys for a decent price.

No person should have to fork over $100 for a jersey EVER.

And if they did, it should at least have real letters and numbers sewn on, NOT GLUED ON!


Last edited by IrishSniper87: 04-08-2010 at 09:15 AM.
IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
04-08-2010, 09:04 AM
  #996
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,341
vCash: 1481
New thread needed as we hit 1,000. The first to respond is the winner to start a new thread on the same topic.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Old
04-08-2010, 09:47 AM
  #997
OriginJM
watch out im smart
 
OriginJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,505
vCash: 500
I'll take that position sir.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmajeski06 View Post
I found a jersey on ECseller that I really like. I am 6 ft 150 pounds and usually wear an XL in Reebok Premiers, as I like them to be baggier so I can wear a hoodie underneath. Would a size 52 at ECseller work?
I'm 6 foot and 150 pounds as well, and I strongly suggest you get a size 48. But if you truly like them a little baggier then I wouldn't go over 50 at all, as 48 still runs a bit big.


Last edited by OriginJM: 04-08-2010 at 09:57 AM.
OriginJM is offline  
Old
04-08-2010, 10:08 AM
  #998
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,341
vCash: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
I'll take that position sir.
New thread has been opened...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=760468


Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-08-2010 at 10:23 AM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.