HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
04-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
tom poti was the same type of player as rosival when he was with the rangers, he was a little more physical but he made a lot more mental mistakes... with washington, over time, he has strengthened his defense. i havent watched him all that much besides when the capitals play the rangers but it does seem like he has gotten better. that or he likes to play extra hard against his former team.
Okay but your whole thing is the fans who boo guys like this know these playes are worthless. How can a guy who is top 4 on the best team in the East be worthless IE Tom Poti who was boo'd more than any Ranger D in recent memory except Quintal who just deserved it for being such a ****** bag. Rozsival always has a slow start to the season, he's been here a while now you should know that. When the guy is on he is a top four defender and he's paid as such. I just wish he used that damn slap shot more.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Drury is booed more than Rozsival nowadays. However booing Rozy during the jersey retirement ceremony last year was disgraceful and made me feel embarrassed to be a ranger fan. Thats only happened twice in my life.
Yes i was at that game last year. It was embarrassing. Believe it or not i actually felt sympathy for Rosival and the other rangers who lifted the jerseys. I don't dislike him because of who he is, i dislike him because some other fool (Glen Sather) gave him the money that he gets and he still plays like doodie. I kind of like to think that the fans were trying to send Sather a message with that one, i'm pretty sure they booed everyone who did help with the Jersey lifting. Naslund retired shortly after, Drury hasnt really been the same, and Rosival, who you'll rarely hear talk hasn't really been affected. They don't call it the biggest pressure cooker for nothing tho, and if you sign here you should know what to expect. While the fans are quick to get on you they are also very quick to start supporting you. And very rarely have i seen the fans support Rosival.

Don't believe me... Take for example Luis Castillo.

First full season with the Mets. He was booed if a ground ball went to him. Every time at bat he'd be booed.

Last season, in his 2nd full season with the Mets, he started batting better, he worked harder than he did the previous year, and he earned that pay check. The fans, after about 2 weeks began consistently cheering for him when he got up. That is until of course he dropped that easy pop up against the yankees and the mets season began tumbling down.

If Rosival was doing something good you would have heard it from the fans. They would have given positive reinforcements for better play. I havent been watching all that much lately, so you tell me are the fans getting better for Rosi? If no, then there must be a reason, if yes then he is playing better.

Most of all over the past few seasons i've heard Fire Sather chants at the Garden. He's the one who constructed this team, gave ridiculous contracts to players who don't deserve it, fired Tom Renney with no reason to... When fans can't take out their frustration on the people who deserve it they go onto the next worst thing. Redden, Drury, and Rosival ARE the next worst thing because they don't earn that salary of theirs. Therefore they will be the ones getting booed. And unfortunately they were booed when it should have been a humbling night (bathgate/howell jersey night).

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Okay but your whole thing is the fans who boo guys like this know these playes are worthless. How can a guy who is top 4 on the best team in the East be worthless IE Tom Poti who was boo'd more than any Ranger D in recent memory except Quintal who just deserved it for being such a ****** bag. Rozsival always has a slow start to the season, he's been here a while now you should know that. When the guy is on he is a top four defender and he's paid as such. I just wish he used that damn slap shot more.
Well Poti deserved being booed as well. He was as frustrating to watch as Redden is. He'd make all sorts of mistakes, ones that resulted in goals for the other teams or worse ones that resulted in game losing goals.

The boos he received he deserved. His play in Washington is not the same as it was here. If Rosival goes to another team and does that well then they will reap his benefits but he doesnt do it here and therefore he will continue to hear the boos.

I would disagree with the top 4 assessment. At best he's a 3 at worst he's a 6. Thats not 5 mill a season, that's more like 2.5-3.5 mill a season. Thing is he rarely plays at 3 and is usually around a 4 or 5 level yet he continues to get 1 minutes. And yes i wish he used that slap shot more too. Itd help the Rangers out. But he doesn't so he'll continue to be criticized by me. =P

Old
04-07-2010, 04:22 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

"People like me" (you're still showing your smarts I see) don't fail to realize good defensive plays....OTHERWISE WE WOULD HAVE THE SAME THREAD FOR ALL 6 DEFENSEMEN. THEY ALL MAKE MISTAKES. ONLY A COUPLE ARE SO GOD AWFUL AT TIMES THAT THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS SINGLE (well double) THEM OUT.
...if we didn't notice good defensemen and good defensive plays, we wouldn't be able to notice the difference.

Anyone who tells someone what they think is 'most certainly a jackass'.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:55 PM
TrueBlueNorwegian

What a pass by Rozie to Jokinen on the Prospal goal!! Rozie has been playing great so far tonight!!!

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Just as an FYI to those saying Rozy is poor;

He is the one who wears #33, not #6 or #25.

Just... just checking.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

I have no problems with Rozy tbh. His biggest flaw this season has been the untimely penalties at times, though.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Rust Heisenberg

can't believe im saying this but rosi actually made a really good pass tonight to jokinen in the 1st.

besides that rosival also got pushed like a bowling pin into the net and didnt stick up for himself.

still aggravating to watch him but i was impressed by that pass.

Old
04-08-2010, 07:36 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Glad to see Rozsival is playing so well. Trade his ass ASAP this summer. Still overpaid with a $5 million cap hit. Trade him to a budget team which only cares about the salary. $4 million and then $3 million. Atlanta to replace Pavel Kubina.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 07:37 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I wouldn't be too sure about this. Especially if the team wants to contend next season.
Contend for what? 8th seed in the conference.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 11:49 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

I haven't had much of anything to complain about him for the last few days
...true, 33 hasn't been as bad as 5 or 6 in the last few.

Again, we'll judge after Philly is done.

Old
04-12-2010, 08:52 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Redden AND Rozsival on the ice for the goal that gave up the win...

AND THEY LOOKED STUPID AS HELL DOING IT.

NOW WHAT?

You guys win. We're out.

Old
04-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Redden AND Rozsival on the ice for the goal that gave up the win...

AND THEY LOOKED STUPID AS HELL DOING IT.

NOW WHAT?

You guys win. We're out.
We were on the PK.

Anisimov tried to thread the needle to Boyle of all people, instead of dumping it in safely.

Neither dman was solely responsible for that goal. If anything, Boyle overskated the puck and Carle was left wide open.

You should try and learn the game before making pretend you know what the hell you're talking about kid. In essence you just blamed Rozsival for our demise, which couldn't be more wrong. That's almost as silly as Dagoon blaming Lundqvist for our loss last night.

When you put up 25 shots on goal against a #4 goalie in 65 minutes, and rely on a 1-goal lead from a 4th liner, you're destined to fail.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
We were on the PK.

Anisimov tried to thread the needle to Boyle of all people, instead of dumping it in safely.

Neither dman was solely responsible for that goal. If anything, Boyle overskated the puck and Carle was left wide open.

You should try and learn the game before making pretend you know what the hell you're talking about kid. In essence you just blamed Rozsival for our demise, which couldn't be more wrong. That's almost as silly as Dagoon blaming Lundqvist for our loss last night.

When you put up 25 shots on goal against a #4 goalie in 65 minutes, and rely on a 1-goal lead from a 4th liner, you're destined to fail.

Good post. All very true.

That being said... not Rozi's (certainly not Redden's) best game in the past few weeks.

Team loss... when you play "chip it out" for 2 1/2 periods with a 1-0 lead... you deserve to lose.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:46 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Contend for what? 8th seed in the conference.
Not if you rebuild properly in the off-season, while keeping some solid pieces in tact.
Philly not too while back had a brutal season, and they rebuild their entire team in one summer. The following season they went pretty far in the playoffs. That's just one example. To do that you would need a competent manager. Not sure we have one.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:48 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Good post. All very true.

That being said... not Rozi's (certainly not Redden's) best game in the past few weeks.

Team loss... when you play "chip it out" for 2 1/2 periods with a 1-0 lead... you deserve to lose.
I really don't understand why they were playing like that. Tort's system is such that states you're offense is sometimes your best defense. In other words, puck possesion is the best kind of defense to have. This why a team like detroit is soo sucessful. I'm a fan of that system.

This team executed that at the garden. Possesion was all us. However, in Philly it was the complete opposite.

Old
04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Sorry but for a 1 goal game, it's very hard to blame the defense for not doing their jobs, especially against an offense like Philly.

Rosy after his early season slump has been our best dman (well, between him and Staal). Seeing some people call for him to be traded as just a salary dump really makes no sense. I would not want to see how the defense looks without him - especially with a rookie replacing him. The guy is a workhorse.

That said, when he slumps, it usually is pretty bad. But after the first couple months this season, he has been very steady. Him and Staal are a very good pairing for us.

Last edited by qwertyaas: 04-12-2010 at 02:13 PM.
qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
Sorry but for a 1 goal game, it's very hard to blame the defense for not doing their jobs, especially against an offense like Philly.

Rosy after his early season slump has been our best dman (well, between him and Staal). Seeing some people call for him to be traded as just a salary dump really makes no sense. I would not want to see how the defense looks without him - especially with a rookie replacing him. The guy is a workhorse.

That said, when he slumps, it usually is pretty bad. But after the first couple months this season, he has been very steady. Him and Staal are a very good pairing for us.
I think those calling for him to be traded are looking for cap relief mostly... and he's the ONLY moveable, big contract. In all honesty he's overpaid by 1M or so... which on a normal team is fine. But when you have Drury, Redden and him making what they're all making the problem is magnified.

I'm not a Rozi fan, nor a hater... but he's def a victim of his pricetag on a team where that issue dominates.

I'll also add that the defense did NOT play well in last night's game (neither did the rest of the team) and it would NOT have been a 1 goal game if not for another sparkling performance by Hank. (Staal played well but that's it).

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Nols

Trade proposal

Souray for Rozsival

Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nols View Post
Souray for Rozsival
hahaha. Observe the state of our defense. We need a Rozy much more than we need a Souray.

Old
04-12-2010, 03:40 PM
OverTheCap

Rozy's offense diminished, but this was one of his best seasons from a defensive standpoint.

I would consider trading him for cap relief. But the problem is finding someone to replace him. He regularly logs over 20 minutes a game, and at times has played more than 25 minutes. We don't have anyone internally that could step in right now and play those type of minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 03:45 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Rozy's offense diminished, but this was one of his best seasons from a defensive standpoint.

I would consider trading him for cap relief. But the problem is finding someone to replace him. He regularly logs over 20 minutes a game, and at times has played more than 25 minutes. We don't have anyone internally that could step in right now and play those type of minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device
This is exactly right, which is why I say it's hard to replace a guy like Rozsival. He is a well rounded defensemen. Not one part of his game is better than the other. It def won't be easy to replace a guy like Rozsy. It's also guys like him you want on a contending team.

Old
04-13-2010, 04:34 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
We were on the PK.

Thankfully you're here to tell me all the right things.
Are you ever going stop being a ******* with your cheap shots???

"You should try to learn the game..." <<<Do you have any idea how obtuse that is?????
I'll ask again, CAN YOU STOP BEING A JERK??? PLEASE??? IS IT AT ALL POSSIBLE???

Back to topic- I didn't blame anyone for anything. I just mentioned they happend to be the two D-Men on the ice.
But now that I review it AS YOU SHOULD. IT'S ON NHL.COM, Redden looked stupid not covering his man a lil sooner then not hitting him and Rozsival looked stupid falling on his ass....AND BOYLE LOOKED STUPID FOR EVERYTHING HE HASN'T HIT/DONE THIS YEAR...and Anisimov looked stupid curling out away from the play.
Not entirely the Ds fault. There, I said it.

Old
04-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Why is there this issue with Ranger fans where every opponents goal HAS to be somebody's fault?

First thing after every goal, dont commend the opponent because lord knows they cant have made a good play, we have to decide who's fault it was.

Reminds me a little of the Katrina South Park episode.

Old
04-13-2010, 04:39 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Why is there this issue with Ranger fans where every opponents goal HAS to be somebody's fault?

First thing after every goal, dont commend the opponent because lord knows they cant have made a good play, we have to decide who's fault it was.

Reminds me a little of the Katrina South Park episode.
well the usualy strategy is look to at the player who scored, then find the nearest defensman, then BINGO, his fault

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote