HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Random Thought of the Day

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2010, 03:25 PM
JacklegJack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'm in Toronto hijacking a friend's lappy and I see a bunch of NPers who need their non-hockey content......

Neat, another Preds fan in/around the GTA. I knew there had to be another one.

Old
04-07-2010, 03:44 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackleg Jack View Post
That's because I'm going to the memorial dinner for my finance. But I live 6 hours from GTA so if there's a get together, I suggest laxatives and Copps.

Old
04-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
So, all we have to do is make drug dealers doctors and we not only stop the medical personelle shortage but also solve crime? Brillant!
I just feel like it's such a waste of a doctor's time to have to see me for certain things, and yet you have to in order to get the drugs you need to treat it. What I'd like is a system where pesky bacterial infections didn't require a doctor visit to get the prescription for routine antibiotics, eye drops for pink eye, etc, but still the antibiotics weren't OTC to avoid being overused or utilized improperly. Maybe it could be an adjunct of the pharmacy, like the minit clinics or something like that, just less expensive and with more hours of availability so people could go before or after work instead of having to take time off from work.

Old
04-07-2010, 05:10 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I just feel like it's such a waste of a doctor's time to have to see me for certain things, and yet you have to in order to get the drugs you need to treat it. What I'd like is a system where pesky bacterial infections didn't require a doctor visit to get the prescription for routine antibiotics, eye drops for pink eye, etc, but still the antibiotics weren't OTC to avoid being overused or utilized improperly. Maybe it could be an adjunct of the pharmacy, like the minit clinics or something like that, just less expensive and with more hours of availability so people could go before or after work instead of having to take time off from work.
well, Wal-Mart is opening clinics with nurse practitioners.

the problem is even with doctors calling the shots antibiotics are MASSSIVELY overused because people demand them and doctors dont want unhappy pts and dont want to risk getting sued in the rare case that they might need abx and not give them.

doctors wouldnt mind seeing people for simple stuff it it didnt take so much freaking paperwork to get paid for it by the insurance company.

if everyone had only catastrophic insurance with say a 10,000 deductible, and people paid cash for things like office visits, i guarantee you doctors would accept less money and pts would be happier.

Old
04-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
well, Wal-Mart is opening clinics with nurse practitioners.

the problem is even with doctors calling the shots antibiotics are MASSSIVELY overused because people demand them and doctors dont want unhappy pts and dont want to risk getting sued in the rare case that they might need abx and not give them.

doctors wouldnt mind seeing people for simple stuff it it didnt take so much freaking paperwork to get paid for it by the insurance company.

if everyone had only catastrophic insurance with say a 10,000 deductible, and people paid cash for things like office visits, i guarantee you doctors would accept less money and pts would be happier.
My doctor uses a PA and at my old doctor he used a NP and a PA--my insurance was still charged the same price that they were charged when I finally saw the doctor. I'd guess there are plenty of times when a NP has the skills necessary to diagnose the problem and prescribe the proper drugs--shoot, most times I can narrow it down pretty well. But not always. My most recent ear infection was way out of my league. Shoot, it was out of my DOCTOR'S league which is why he referred me to an ENT.
;-)

As for the high deductible insurance, yes, it might cause people to be more proactive in certain things, but the reality is that when we are sick as a dog most of us are not able to negotiate prices. It was all we could do to get out of bed and drag ourselves to the clinic. Honestly, the doctor has us over a barrel at that point. I can't see why the paperwork would be any less with catastrophic insurance only. Someone still has to keep up with the numbers so we'll all know when we hit $10,000.

Old
04-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Harpoon Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
I'm wasting my time in Latin class. What on earth do I need Latin for? It isn't even a credit course.
Posted via Mobile Device
Latin saved my butt, back in college. We did not have to speak latin, just write it and translate it.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackleg Jack View Post
I live in Toronto

Old
04-07-2010, 08:41 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
My doctor uses a PA and at my old doctor he used a NP and a PA--my insurance was still charged the same price that they were charged when I finally saw the doctor. I'd guess there are plenty of times when a NP has the skills necessary to diagnose the problem and prescribe the proper drugs--shoot, most times I can narrow it down pretty well. But not always. My most recent ear infection was way out of my league. Shoot, it was out of my DOCTOR'S league which is why he referred me to an ENT.
;-)

As for the high deductible insurance, yes, it might cause people to be more proactive in certain things, but the reality is that when we are sick as a dog most of us are not able to negotiate prices. It was all we could do to get out of bed and drag ourselves to the clinic. Honestly, the doctor has us over a barrel at that point. I can't see why the paperwork would be any less with catastrophic insurance only. Someone still has to keep up with the numbers so we'll all know when we hit $10,000.
so you'll drive to Marshall county to see a dentist but wont drive up here to see an ENT?

what would happen if most people were on catastrophic plans is theyd be paying cash for office visits, and if there was competition in an area and you knew that walk in clinic A charged $50 and walk in clinic B charged $75 dollars most folks would go to clinic A, which would eventually force clinic B to lower its prices. and doctors would be willing to lower pices to know they were getting cash at the time of service. there would be less paperwork because doctors wouldnt file a claim when the pt already paid cash. the pt would just send receipts to the ins companies to prove they had paid.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:48 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Why do some poster have a star next to there username?

Old
04-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
We're sponsors.

Old
04-07-2010, 08:51 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiralyPred View Post
Why do some poster have a star next to there username?
They're special and we're not....

Old
04-07-2010, 08:52 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

OT thread is OT.

Old
04-07-2010, 09:00 PM
nine_inch_fang

RTOTD: I like turtles....

is that better wfome?

Old
04-07-2010, 09:05 PM
predfan98

Quote:
so you'll drive to Marshall county to see a dentist but wont drive up here to see an ENT?

what would happen if most people were on catastrophic plans is theyd be paying cash for office visits, and if there was competition in an area and you knew that walk in clinic A charged $50 and walk in clinic B charged $75 dollars most folks would go to clinic A, which would eventually force clinic B to lower its prices. and doctors would be willing to lower pices to know they were getting cash at the time of service. there would be less paperwork because doctors wouldnt file a claim when the pt already paid cash. the pt would just send receipts to the ins companies to prove they had paid.
I don't really agree with this, in today's reality .

If you have a plan now with a high deductible (like $5k or above--- ) you pay your doctor according to what insurance plan you have..........and how much that insurance company sets the price for that service. And for that doctor---depending on whether they are in or out of network. The patient still has no control over the price, nor does the doctor. The insurance companies are still setting the reimbursement rates.

There is no sending by the patient of receipts to the insurance company--- it still is up to the doctor to send it in. Then there is the exchanging of the eob's, and mistakes, and whatever. It is horrendous------even when you are paying with your own $$............because the insurance company has to "accept" the paperwork.

It's a mess.

And for a hockey misc..........The blues are gooning it up big time in Chicago...I really don't respect that team...It's going to be nasty on Saturday.

Old
04-07-2010, 09:47 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

I just lost all my playoff avatar work for a SECOND time. Gotta love Adobe's lack of auto-save.

Old
04-07-2010, 09:52 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I just say **** it, make a gadsen flag with a prowling Sabre Tooth tiger.

Old
04-07-2010, 09:53 PM
nine_inch_fang

that's not a random thought it's a $#@#%! thought. sorry to hear that, we all appreciate your work on them

Last edited by Seth Lake: 04-07-2010 at 11:57 PM. Reason: don't circumvent the filter...
Old
04-07-2010, 11:05 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Booooooooo
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
04-07-2010, 11:34 PM
nine_inch_fang

not so random thought.....wtf???? how can this franchise be so unlucky???? key players hurt every year we've gone into the playoffs. A, if not the, top scorer on the year.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

Old
04-08-2010, 09:17 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I don't really agree with this, in today's reality .

If you have a plan now with a high deductible (like $5k or above--- ) you pay your doctor according to what insurance plan you have..........and how much that insurance company sets the price for that service. And for that doctor---depending on whether they are in or out of network. The patient still has no control over the price, nor does the doctor. The insurance companies are still setting the reimbursement rates.

There is no sending by the patient of receipts to the insurance company--- it still is up to the doctor to send it in. Then there is the exchanging of the eob's, and mistakes, and whatever. It is horrendous------even when you are paying with your own $$............because the insurance company has to "accept" the paperwork.

It's a mess.

And for a hockey misc..........The blues are gooning it up big time in Chicago...I really don't respect that team...It's going to be nasty on Saturday.
my point was, if we just had nothing but high deductible plans, the way things work with insurance would change. If everyone has high deductible plans, nobody is going to waste the time filing claims with companies that they know arent going to be paid. Im gonna get my money up front, because both the pt and I know the insurance isnt going to pay squat. Insurance companies wouldnt want to waste time and money processing small claims that they arent going to pay. So for office visits and walk in care, we would more or less go to a cash system, which is good for everyone because people would make more rational choices before running to the doctor for something trivial, and doctors get their money up front. Insurance companies would have pts submit documentation of out of pocket expenses once they reached a point they had met their deductibles. Now mind you, thats just how i would like to see things work. i know reality will never be like that.

Old
04-08-2010, 09:30 AM
predfan98

Quote:
my point was, if we just had nothing but high deductible plans, the way things work with insurance would change. If everyone has high deductible plans, nobody is going to waste the time filing claims with companies that they know arent going to be paid. Im gonna get my money up front, because both the pt and I know the insurance isnt going to pay squat. Insurance companies wouldnt want to waste time and money processing small claims that they arent going to pay. So for office visits and walk in care, we would more or less go to a cash system, which is good for everyone because people would make more rational choices before running to the doctor for something trivial, and doctors get their money up front. Insurance companies would have pts submit documentation of out of pocket expenses once they reached a point they had met their deductibles. Now mind you, thats just how i would like to see things work. i know reality will never be like that.
I agree. There's a lot of common sense things that will never happen in this arena unfortunately.

So...........do you accept chickens?

Old
04-08-2010, 09:48 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I agree. There's a lot of common sense things that will never happen in this arena unfortunately.

So...........do you accept chickens?
only if they are already cleaned and preferably cooked

Old
04-08-2010, 12:46 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
only if they are already cleaned and preferably cooked
Fried or Broiled? How about Jamacian Jerk?

Old
04-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:

I don't drive to Marshall County to the dentist any more. Now I go to the Preds' dentist on West End. Cuz I'm that special. Besides, I was so sick I was trying to get Mike to try to find a doctor that made house calls. Didn't think you'd do it but I told him where to find your number...

So you're telling me that it's okay for you to not have to fiddle with all the paperwork involved but it's okay for ME to have to keep up with everything and then send it to the insurance company? Your ability to reduce your cost by $25 just put 4-5 people out of work and put the onus on me to do their jobs.

Old
04-08-2010, 02:21 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
I don't drive to Marshall County to the dentist any more. Now I go to the Preds' dentist on West End. Cuz I'm that special. Besides, I was so sick I was trying to get Mike to try to find a doctor that made house calls. Didn't think you'd do it but I told him where to find your number...

So you're telling me that it's okay for you to not have to fiddle with all the paperwork involved but it's okay for ME to have to keep up with everything and then send it to the insurance company? Your ability to reduce your cost by $25 just put 4-5 people out of work and put the onus on me to do their jobs.
pick your poison. If I fill out your forms, you pay out the wazoo, both for your insurance and my services. Pay me cash and only worry about your receipts if you exceed your deductible, and you get a discount. And im sorry but having those 4-5 jobs just to fill out papers is one of the reasons why everything is so expensive. If you want to save money on health care, it isnt going to come free. Jobs will be eliminated.

Closed Thread